The Kumi Koda Singles Rate, Pt. 1 [winner revealed]

Suilen

Wild to me that this is one of her #1s...

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Kyle-x

• Curaga

• Graves

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit lower than I expected.

Looking forward to the next set of results!

ee7f1de7aad9c1644c68a264848147fa742e97ce

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who commented today! The next batch of reveals is probably on Friday, but I need to clarify the time with some users for totally innocuous reasons. There will be plenty of upsets, I fear.

ee7f1de7aad9c1644c68a264848147fa742e97ce

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Y'all did this ICONIC single wrong omg :ghostface:

@Kyle-x get in here so we can beat their asses :rogue:

edit: mess this was for That Ain't Cool gdfujkhgfd

Edited by AMIT

46 minutes ago, Suilen said:

The last one for today

51. feel

TaBhpHA.png

misonos: Kyle-x, AMIT, UrMom (10)
Newtsters: poki (2)

Another part of the 12 singles leaves us. I didn't even notice she was speaking English until the comments pointed it out, though I could register some whispers.

Kyle-x: "I love how sexy this one is. The video is one that has imprinted on my memory for some reason."
getinthezone: "her songs where she doesnt scream >>>"
AMIT: "the engrish parts are catchy y'all be nice"
Subomie: "Chill and easy listening R&B groove. I dig. Even if that chorus is some rambling nonsense. Let her talk her ****."

omg nooooooo I LOVE this one :chick3:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suilen said:

Multiple users correctly predicted the bottom song in their comments...

61. KAMEN (feat. Tatsuya Ishii)

pJw5VfO.png

misonos: Kyle-x (10); D.D.D. (9,5)
Newtsters: @romiskes, @Britneyfan09, @Subomie (0); Curaga, AMIT, Galaxy, Invisibility (1)

The first song to leave us is one of the iconic 12 singles, a duet with an industry veteran. Nobody liked that one. I don't hate it that much, but it was definitely off-brand and weird to release at your peak. Something like should be probably be saved for one's twilight years to appeal to the women you once offended with your comments. Fan fact: the single includes both their solos. Would it help much if we'd rated the solo one, or is it beyond saving? Who knows.

Curaga: "Chorus ain't bad, but I'm tanking this because of that man's performance, omfg"
Kyle-x: "I used to always skip this one, but maturing is realizing this song is actually so damn good."
getinthezone: "boring"
AMIT: "this better be the first one OUT"
Meloetta Carey: "I really like these types of male voices for some reason but in a post-ironic, neo-Marxist, postfeminist way. I hope this isn't the first one out."
Subomie: "Slow, plodding, corny, boring, featuring a male… if ever there was a song formulated to come last in an ATRL rate…"
Invisibility: "It's like biting into a seemingly fresh piece of fruit, only to find fly maggots and darkened pulp inside, making you retch. The rotten apple of the singles collection."

Oh this sensual lounge duet done dirty but it was to be expected… this is for the girls getting freaky in the coat check closet 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, AMIT said:

Y'all did this ICONIC single wrong omg :ghostface:

@Kyle-x get in here so we can beat their asses :rogue:

edit: mess this was for That Ain't Cool gdfujkhgfd

Let's beat their asses vocally on the karaoke stage and get to screaming That Ain't Cool

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

The last one for today

51. feel

TaBhpHA.png

misonos: Kyle-x, AMIT, UrMom (10)
Newtsters: poki (2)

Another part of the 12 singles leaves us. I didn't even notice she was speaking English until the comments pointed it out, though I could register some whispers.

Kyle-x: "I love how sexy this one is. The video is one that has imprinted on my memory for some reason."
getinthezone: "her songs where she doesnt scream >>>"
AMIT: "the engrish parts are catchy y'all be nice"
Subomie: "Chill and easy listening R&B groove. I dig. Even if that chorus is some rambling nonsense. Let her talk her ****."

Don't piss me awf :jonny:

Poor meaning of peace omg... the solo version is immaculate

wait HOLD UP.. Lick me is out but those generic 7-8 singles with off key singing from her first two albums are still in? :suburban:

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 9:56 PM, Curaga said:

Misandry won! 

:twirl3:

and then 3/4 collabs in question were with women :dies: 

I never expected that, luv :thing:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Curaga said:

and then 3/4 collabs in question were with women :dies: 

I never expected that, luv :thing:

Her collabs with men (except for Kamen) are pretty beloved, actually, you're just a hater

NSzmhiC.png

14 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Her collabs with men (except for Kamen) are pretty beloved, actually, you're just a hater

NSzmhiC.png

oop—

Guess I need to work on my Love Technique

d4483f44aa2e97f0eee891c2800a52b3823328db

Kumi put on that Confessions wig and the spirit of Madonna possessed her!

Let me boot up my old Jpopsuki account and do some purchasing of ha old tours :gaycat2:

• Like 3

The reveals will be around the same time as before, 7-7.30pm UTC. 

Massacre? :biblio:

e7dbde3cda45a404635cc9a4d428e5c2d8e3490f

Just now, Curaga said:

Massacre? :biblio:

e7dbde3cda45a404635cc9a4d428e5c2d8e3490f

And you're the butcher

:khalyan2:

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

And you're the butcher

:khalyan2:

oop...

guess all I can do is own it!

7ed893de93370bb071b9f09b16095a865ba8a28c

GOOOO Alolan-Marowak, pull through! :WAP:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

GOOOO Alolan-Marowak, pull through! :WAP:

On 8/7/2024 at 1:30 PM, Suilen said:

61. KAMEN (feat. Tatsuya Ishii)

pJw5VfO.png

misonos: Kyle-x (10); D.D.D. (9,5)
Newtsters: @romiskes, @Britneyfan09, @Subomie (0); Curaga, AMIT, Galaxy, Invisibility (1)

The first song to leave us is one of the iconic 12 singles, a duet with an industry veteran. Nobody liked that one. I don't hate it that much, but it was definitely off-brand and weird to release at your peak. Something like this should be probably be saved for one's twilight years to appeal to the women you once offended with your comments. Fan fact: the single includes both their solos. Would it help much if we'd rated the solo one, or is it beyond saving? Who knows.

Curaga: "Chorus ain't bad, but I'm tanking this because of that man's performance, omfg"
Kyle-x: "I used to always skip this one, but maturing is realizing this song is actually so damn good."
getinthezone: "boring"
AMIT: "this better be the first one OUT"
Meloetta Carey: "I really like these types of male voices for some reason but in a post-ironic, neo-Marxist, postfeminist way. I hope this isn't the first one out."
Subomie: "Slow, plodding, corny, boring, featuring a male… if ever there was a song formulated to come last in an ATRL rate…"
Invisibility: "It's like biting into a seemingly fresh piece of fruit, only to find fly maggots and darkened pulp inside, making you retch. The rotten apple of the singles collection."

We already eliminated Hawaii, I fear! 

:foxaylove2:

3 minutes ago, Curaga said:

We already eliminated Hawaii, I fear! 

:foxaylove2:

And Subomie was hating? Shocking :gayorkcat4:

The ballad hate just won't let up...

50. 愛のうた (Ai no Uta aka Love Song)

gcqrdO0.png

misonos: romiskes, Fevesy, poki (10)
Newtsters: Galaxy (3)

An apparent sequel to Ume no Uta (you may even confuse them if you aren't on good terms with kanji). No love in my life so I prefer dreams.

Curaga: "I originally thought this was way better overall than Yume No Uta/夢のうた, but now they're about the same for me. Ai's melody is better, but Yume's instrumental is better."
Kyle-x: "A nice ballad. The "URBAN KISS Version" is the better version tho."
getinthezone: "okay ballad"
Fevesy: "Oh when she performed this at MAMA 2011, the mic was ON and she showed those K-Pop girls how to SING"
AMIT: "kinda mid compared to her other ballads"
Subomie: "I… feel like I've heard this exact ballad about ten times during my J-pop journey. They like their songs boring and generic, huh?"

• Like 1

you guys have no ******* taste oh god

Koda Kumi crying on tour because of happiness - GIF - Imgur

Pretty surprised this is out already honestly... I didn't know if it was a fan fav or not, but seemed like it would be. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.