AOTY is between 'COWBOY CARTER' and TTPD

Darkgalord

Posted (edited)

And how about they start giving AOTYs to actually deserving albums instead of picking one of the biggest names on the list and calling it a day?

These albums being the most likely to win it is a perfect example of why Oscars is still a prestigious show revered worldwide while Grammys are just VMAs with gowns and tuxedos. There needs to be a total rehaul of the process if they don't want to stay the unquestionably biggest joke out of the 4 main award shows. 

Edited by Komet
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Jay07

• Badgalbriel

• Into The Void

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Bey, but CC should not win AOTY

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's going to be Billie. They are not giving The Dream another Grammy (and Beyonce completely abandoned the album and we know the Academy stans success) and they won't give it to Taylor again, especially during this widespread fatigue and middling reviews.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 1

Taylor even getting a nomination would turn the Shammys into an even bigger joke

• Like 1

Billie winning would be so boring and predictable. I hope Chappell will sweep just like Billie did in 2020.

• Like 1

Taylor deserves to win, she changed the world :clap3:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, pepsimanvn said:

Billie winning would be so boring and predictable. I hope Chappell will sweep just like Billie did in 2020.

Billie's album is better and I don't think Chappell's profile is big enough yet. Billie had a monster single. Wouldn't be mad at it though. 

• Like 1

Vampire Weekend are taking it plss

b016368b0045e5242b133db77f8ea2bc1f4fd4cc

I don't think TTPD is getting nominated for AOTY in the first place tbh. I mean they are trying really hard to force that nomination with success angle with those weekly variant shenanigans, but I think the industry would see through this bs. 

• Like 3

Probably not Beyonce or Taylor for reasons already mentioned.

Big name pop artists will cancel each other out and someone less known will probably sneak through and grab the award.

Let's give it to Taylor so we can cancel Scammy altogether

spacer.png

1 hour ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Taylor deserves to win, she changed the world :clap3:

By polluting it :clap3: 

• Haha 7

Had Midnights lost last time, TTPD has a massive chance. It's definitely a masterpiece that deserves to win.

I love Cowboy Carter and it deserves to win too, much more than Renaissance, but I don't think it has steam to be talked about until the voting.

I do like HMHAS, but I'm probab;y the only who thinks it's just slightly above average. Birds of a feather is a stellar track though.

There's a lot more competition this time around though - we also have Ariana, Kacey, Chappell, Eminem, Zach, Sabrina, Post, Kendrick, and possibly Morgan.

The nominations will be a bloodbath this year.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, James_Joint said:

Neither of these albums should win.  

Neither will win either.

Taylor's not winning again with TTPD. Beyonce is going to have competition with more country voters voting for another nominee or two.

Billie has a much bigger shot than the other two but I'm not sure it'll go to her either.

TTPD is the clear AOTY. She should be able to win. If the Grammy committee acknowledges that TTPD is the clear AOTY winner and then have secret discussions to give the win to someone else "because" Taylor can't win back to back, that would just seem disingenuous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The thing is, Country music (or heavily acoustic music made by real instruments) is more within what the voters like and have more respect for. Had Beyonce done promotion and been visible throughout this album run, MAYBE it would've been a lock for her. But as always, she dropped her music and left it abandoned. 

8 minutes ago, Buffy said:

TTPD is the clear AOTY. She should be able to win. If the Grammy committee acknowledges that TTPD is the clear AOTY winner and then have secret discussions to give the win to someone else "because" Taylor can't win back to back, that would just seem disingenuous.

Ok, I'll indulge you. How is TTPD the "clear" AOTY winner other than the racist grandpas of the Academy love awarding a blond girl with a guitar?

On 7/8/2024 at 3:59 AM, PoisonedIvy said:

Renaissance and Midnights didn't compete the same year, Renny lost to Harry's House

oof. that's rough. 

The Scammys are already a joke considering TTPD is an atrocious album and even being nominated is a insult to music

On 7/8/2024 at 12:37 PM, Buffy said:

But a GOOD album should win and TTPD is just pure ****

• Confused 1

TTPD deserves but it's obvious that it's going to CoCa or HMAMAS

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah, and Billie is up there as well.

Beyonce should win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.