Better Producer: Jack Antonoff vs FINNEAS

burninredhot

Vote!!  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Better Producer ?

Finneas is more versatile and his production isn't strictly limited to tired synths

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Letemtalk

• Kiss It Better

• State of Grace.

• QuanticXplosion

Top Posters In This Topic

I accidentally voted for Hack :skull:

Finneas is a much more interesting and innovative producer. 

Definitely Jack. 
He worked magic with more than one artist. 
Can't say the same for the other one.

Finneas because more versatile and no basic synths as Jack has been doing these days, like.. we are tired.

And most important, fine ass.

Jack Antoinette hasn't produced an album I like, so Finneas

Finneas could make Melodrama and NFR, but Jack couldn't make HMHAS or thee oscar winning songs (which is hard to get, not everybody has that to their credit) No Time To Die and What Was I Made For

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Jack is 40yo and Finneas is 26. Let's not forget.

What were Jack's accomplishments at 26? Genuinely asking, I have no idea.
He did great work in NFR and Melodrama but hasn't been as good ever since imo.

Finneas has already worked with many artists and has shown consistent work and versatility. However, it is with Billie that he achieves the most amazing results, which means she is without a doubt a very important piece of their success. But he has been a very prolific and successful producer at such a young age working with other artists like Selena Gomez, Halsey, Camila Cabello, Tove Lo, John Legend, Demi Lovato, Ashe and Ben Platt. 

Edited by Dash_inthedark

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

The entire album is a highlight in his production discography to me. That, folkmore, and Dance Fever are the only ones I truly loved this decade. :michael:

can you give me some examples?? because he didn't produce all of the songs on the album and the tracks he produced i feel like lana is singing under water while in the songs he wasn't involved in her voice is clear and heavenly

Jack has an insane versatility in genres and artists he collabed with, if you are going to claim he is only a synth act you clearly are just whinning cause :rip:

Overall, FINNEAS is a great producer but as of now he ain't even close to reach the level of Jack. Maybe in a few years when he gets a longer career and maybe a little more variation overall.

Also yeah maybe FINNEAS might seem more "innovative" nowadays cause he is newish but Jack also had this in his starts

Posted (edited)

Overall Jack has the little edge but he's got too predictable and lazy. Finneas keeps evolving and you can tell by his recent work with Billie.

Edited by UnusualBoy

2 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

Finneas could make Melodrama

This is wrong. Finneas couldn't make Melodrama - even Jack Antonoff alone couldn't and it had additional production from 10 other names (Frank Dukes, Malay, Joel Little, Andrew Wyatt, Flume, S1, Jean-Benoît Dunckel, Kuk Harrell, T-Minus & more).

• Like 1

finneas.

as far as production style goes, Jack Antonoff is like another dr luke. he reuses the same stuff over and over and i hate it.

In 2024 FINNEAS's creativity is a creamy smooth yogurt. Jack's is a burnt out piece of toast.

I don't think anything Jack has made is something Finneas is incapable of doing, whereas I don't think Jack is capable of some of the production off of HMHAS.

If Jack works with an artist that has vision (Melodrama, NFR) he's good but if not (Taylor) then he sucks.

• Like 1

Thinly veiled Taylor vs Billie thread

Finneas. He's cuter too. Poor JACK he LOST!

8 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

This is wrong. Finneas couldn't make Melodrama - even Jack Antonoff alone couldn't and it had additional production from 10 other names (Frank Dukes, Malay, Joel Little, Andrew Wyatt, Flume, S1, Jean-Benoît Dunckel, Kuk Harrell, T-Minus & more).

yes he could and win AOTY out of it :fan:

Only 1 of them produced Melodrama, NFR, 1989, folklore, Midnights, and The Tortured Poets Department

Hard to say, all of Finneas's stuff not with Billie is bad, just as all of Jack's stuff not with Carly is bad

I suspect they're both equally bad when left to their own devices or when working with middling talent but with proper guidance they can churn out good stuff

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a_d_22 said:

Only 1 of them produced Melodrama, NFR, 1989, folklore, Midnights, and The Tortured Poets Department

Good point, I vote Finneas

• Haha 1

Billie's brother. 

As some has remarked, Fine Ass is more interesting right now.

Jack became predictable and has been recycling stuff, it's like he ran out of ideas lately.

Both with a big d*** ego.

Posted (edited)

Let me get this clear. I dislike Taylor and her music but Jack has more than just that. His work with Lana alone especially on NFR and Ocean Blvd destroy Finnish. Also didnt Jack produce Melodrama - a pop bible on ATRL. That doesnt mean Finnissh is a bad producer but imo, he is a bit below Jack in a whole. He just hasnt proved enough because his only good projects are with Billie. 

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

Antonoff is a one-trick-pony, so the other one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.