Jack Antonoff shades Billie: you don't hear a lot of great songs about lunch

Riverbank

An insider source told me that Jack Antonoff indeed shaded Billie.

atrl.gif

• Haha 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Windy Day

• Gaia

• Rep2000

On 7/5/2024 at 4:27 PM, Redstreak said:

Girl YALL made those threads claiming it was Taylor shade 💀

Girl I've seen Swifties on ATRL, Twitter, Tiktok, etc. all obsessively attacking Billie for "shading Taylor" about the variants and the tour. To act like Swifties aren't acting like its shade and its just everyone else is kinda ridiculous. Even on this forum Swifties have been hating for months ever since the variants comment.  

• Like 1

I guess he thought he ate that for lunch

awkward-oh-my-god.gif

• Haha 1

This feels like a reach, because I don't think he was thinking about Billie when he said that, and also the Billie song is far from anything about "ordering lunch". 

BUT having said that, I've never liked this man. I never will. He's one of those obnoxious snobs in the industry who think of themselves as something greater or more talented or more important than they actually are. And his overall attitude is just yuck. Ew. 

Posted (edited)

Cringe :busted:

His unbreakable allegiance to Taylor makes sense given she gave him commercial success, but he has to know at this point that their collaborations have gotten stiff and lifeless, the duo isn't producing amazing quality stuff anymore. Folklore was a creative peak and I think it should be left that way, they need to part ways and do great things on their own. 

Edited by Sawk
Typo

I want to see his face when HMHAS wins AOTY instead of TTPD

This is such a reach.

Came here thinking this was a reach, but seeing his hesitation and nervous body language after saying it tells me that it was intentional shade. He has every right though, Billie started that whole mess and even if she didn't mean it she never followed-up to clarify that she didn't mean to shade Taylor.

Realistically LUNCH is not about ordering lunch, as per community note.

Also, you can make great art out of any experience

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.