Jack Antonoff shades Billie: you don't hear a lot of great songs about lunch

Riverbank

1 hour ago, Twizzy said:

Her fans are saying this was just an example and had nothing to do with Billie, but when Billie also said an example about vinyl versions with no name, suddenly it had to be about Taylor, that even Taylor herself took it personal? :celestial5:

This tbh

If this isn't about Billie the vinyls thing wasn't about Taylor either.

• Like 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Windy Day

• Gaia

• Rep2000

swifties making all of this about taylor on twitter… then they wonder why people jump them everyday 😭 you don't see lana stans riding that hard for jack like… that's so weird

• Thumbs Down 1

Billies song isn't about a lunch order 

2 hours ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

"One's lunch order." I forgot the part where Billie's song, about fel*atio, covered her McDonalds order.

He was clearly just looking for an example of something mundane, only terminally online people will interpret this benign interaction as shade.

oh but when billie talked about 3 hour show and the vinyls..... how the turntables...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Whether he's shading Billie or not (I don't really care), he needs to shut up and retire already. Man can't produce a good song to save his life (other than a few tracks from Lover).

of all the albums you could've used… :toofunny3:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

of all the albums you could've used… :toofunny3:

I stand by it :alexz:

10 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

swifties making all of this about taylor on twitter… then they wonder why people jump them everyday 😭 you don't see lana stans riding that hard for jack like… that's so weird

the swifties making it all about taylor in question: 

2 hours ago, Burn said:

Taylor* shades Billie. She just got Jack to do it on her behalf.

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

Swifties can make a thread 10 pages over Billie making some general ass comment and claiming it's "obviously" about Taylor and even going as far as caring what her manager likes on twitter. 

Things Swifties have fumed about:

- Billie shading Taylor over variants despite never mentioning Taylor

- Billie shading Taylor over tour length despite Billie just stating she'd never enjoy doing a 3 hour set

- Billie's manager liking posts on Twitter 

:rip: 

But Taylor's best friend / main producer makes a negative claim about "making songs about lunch" and suddenly unless he specifies Billie it's a reach and not shade. Even though Billie's main single from HMHAS is called Lunch. 

Never beating the brain rot hypocrite allegations!

1 hour ago, Outlaws said:

This guy is so pathetic. TS and friends ganging up on people is always so cringe.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Shade or not this is such a weird/insecure take and somehow you will only hear it coming from the fans of the Touch Me while your bros play GTA lady (and in this case, her pet). I mostly listen to s/s music and it would be a big turn off if my favorite songwriters talked like this.

1 hour ago, Colmillo said:

Swifties: "He's not shading Billie, you guys are reaching, Billie's song isn't even about lunch"

Swifties when Billie writes "me!" In one of her insta stories: "She's clearly shading Taylor because she has a song with the same title!!!"

1 hour ago, Twizzy said:

Her fans are saying this was just an example and had nothing to do with Billie, but when Billie also said an example about vinyl versions with no name, suddenly it had to be about Taylor, that even Taylor herself took it personal? :celestial5:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

"One's lunch order." I forgot the part where Billie's song, about fel*atio, covered her McDonalds order.

He was clearly just looking for an example of something mundane, only terminally online people will interpret this benign interaction as shade.

So he did shade Billie's fan base, damn :rip:

• Haha 1

but seriously thou, this is a self read by the eyelashes themselves that they just admit they have no idea what Billie's "Lunch" was about :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• ATRL Moderator

Billie's song isn't about a lunch order, though? :rip: 

• Like 2

Can this zionist just disappear 

• Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)

I really don't think this was shade, y'all are just bored out of your minds. We all know Lunch is about eating ***** and not about an actual lunch order, he was just giving an example. :khalyan2:

If, however, he was shading Billie, literally nobody should be surprised. He probably hates Billie because she's unconventional and would never work with him on a track 

Edited by CottageHore

5 minutes ago, BrattyBottom said:

????????

skhsrc10w83d1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Twizzy said:

1 hour ago, Colmillo said:

I know both are reaches, I'm just pointing out how some Swifties are hypocritical, if it was the other way around and it was Finneas saying something like that a lot of Swifties would be like "HE'S SHADING TAYLOR!!!!", so yeah.

We don't have to make up scenarios when Billie and Finneas' manager liked and retweeted Taylor hate tweets from the eyelashes himself. :suburban:

11 minutes ago, BrattyBottom said:

Speaking of zionist...

https://www.instagram.com/zionistsinmusic/p/C5oQQHipWeB/?img_index=1

https://www.instagram.com/zionistsinmusic/p/C5lyLeFJlCm/?img_index=1

Edited by Rep2000
  • Like 2

Go cry to Taylor and leave writing and producing music to people who can evolve and outdo themselves 

• Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

the swifties making it all about taylor in question: 

i said on twitter please READ

2 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

i said on twitter please READ

i've seen the exact same behavior on twitter too from billie stans, stop being a hypocrite. 

Are we sure anything in the thread title actually happened?? :huh:

20 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

We don't have to make up scenarios when Billie and Finneas' manager liked and retweeted Taylor hate tweets from the eyelashes himself. :suburban:

Their manager can say or do whatever he wants, that doesn't mean Billie and Finneas (who have never said anything bad about Taylor) think the same way.

moo.png

Following this logic Taylor hates Katy and Gaga because Jack Antonoff shaded them in the past 

moo.png

I don't think he was being shady here.

However, he has made comments in the past about female artists (Gaga, Katy) that are off putting so I understand why people won't give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Posted (edited)

Why does he say "sorry" and get nervous? :dies:

zM031Cu.gif

Edited by bliaz
  • Like 1

Never liked his productions unknowingly. His stuff is as bad as he is a prick.

continue seething while 2x Oscar winner's lunch remains better than any JA song :celestial4:

• Like 1

The amount of billie stans in Twitter I'm seeing making this into "He shaded billie" :rip:...

No taylor, no pop culture 

queen-3.thumb.gif.d03fb87a302d216f498de6

Billie's song is not even about a 'lunch order' tho :confused:? He might be too pretentious sometimes, but this is a reach

• Like 2

3 hours ago, massenlight said:

Oh god, not him joining "songs should be deep and meaningful" club. 

well then why is he making songs with Taylor? her recent stuff are all becoming cringe. i miss her 2009-2013 era so much

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.