"Sorry, this artist is not charting anywhere at the moment."

SoldierofLove

56 minutes ago, Comedor said:

I swear this woman only exists in ATRL. :skull:

After seeing her name mentioned so much here, I realized who she was! She is the lady featured in Nelly's Call On Me.

It was a hit in Brazil. :skull:

I know that's a damn lie :rip: 

Not "lady featured" :deadbanana2:

I'm sure she has other hits in Brazil :deadbanana:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Virgos Groove

• Apolonio

• SoldierofLove

Just now, Apolonio said:

Nothing. It will get shut down and I will see to it. 

spacer.png

This is my first hit thread :rip:

I swear to god if this get locked 

:khalyan2:

1 minute ago, SoldierofLove said:

This is my first hit thread :rip:

I swear to god if this get locked 

:khalyan2:

Not you. That one Kat. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

See when a toilet turd has better stats in 2024 than your fave... It's THIS bad for you. :ahh: 

So you agree that Katy is a toilet turd

:ryan3:

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

I know that's a damn lie :rip: 

Not "lady featured" :deadbanana2:

I'm sure she has other hits in Brazil :deadbanana:

AFY was the 13th biggest hit of 2001 and CBTM was used in a super popular novela. But it was never one of her main markets.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

It's the truth tho, never heard her music before and I didn't even know she was a singer until I joined the website. Radio and TV stations in my country never played her music. :deadbanana4:

If true it's unfortunate that your environment hasn't exposed you to her or that she didn't get played enough in your country, but that doesn't mean she's a nobody or her music is bad or she's irrelevant. She's amassed quite the global commercial success even if most of it happened to be in the 80s-90s-early 2000s. And you can find her without fail on lists that compile the 100 best albums of all time. Like she's THAT woman. There's more to success than Spotify streams. She's living through every Pop and R&B girlie right now and she's on a sold out tour, coming to France, Belgium, the UK, Germany and The Netherlands in September-October.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

this turning into a katy janet war :rip: mess

daily reminder no pop girl will ever top velvet rope xx

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Let me get this straight: your fav... can't sing. :rip: Can't dance. :rip: Can't write without Bonnie McKee. :rip: Has zero acclaimed albums. :rip: Has zero Grammys. :rip: Has zero Oscar nominations. :rip: And the only relevant deal she ever signed wasn't even for her music. :rip:

How does it feel when the only solace you have is an album that came out when...

...phones looked like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCj_5wn-tGWjtjUmkASW-

...Britain was ruled by this man:

Gordon-Brown-announces-th-005.jpg?width=465&dpr=1&s=none

...this individual was still alive:

88185008_770x433_acf_cropped_770x433_acf_cropped.jpg

...and this was considered the peak of comedy:

2Fyos7q2pA.png

:hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

Oh wow :hoetenks:

Katy being compared to an artist who isn't charting anywhere is peak ATRL comedy if you ask me. Like, her career is doing THAT bad? :ryan3:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, halcyonday said:

This isn't even the topic about that? :rip: It's about her stats in 2024.

also, you might wanna argue with their official stats :ahh: 

The wikipedia link is as reliable as Katy outselling Janet in full album units. Also, Katy is yet to make a stellar album like Janet's self titled or TVR. She was charting albums 19 years into her career, and Katy evaporated off the charts just after a few years in the spotlight. :gaycat2: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

This thread :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

It sucks that she's not as remembered and appreciated today but Janet is an influential LEGEND and the blueprint for modern pop/R&B music with a bulletproof legacy. One day, she will absolutely get her well deserved flowers.

Like please just familiarize yourself with some of her work to see how far and wide her influence has spread (and continues to!) before embarrassing yourselves :rip:

She's also one of the greatest performers of all time, which is why she's still able to embark on global arena tours 40+ years into her career.

Meanwhile, some are not even halfway through that mark yet struggling to sell out Vegas theatres and busy dancing with toilet turds, let alone wish to ever be tenth as much as iconic and influential as THE Janet Jackson.

tusareve-katy.gif

• Thanks 13

Ok i'm actually shocked by this like how? she's a legend 

4 hours ago, holyground13 said:

The Janet fanbase on this website and twitter are iconic and full of taste. Sadly the issue is that most of the young gays don't know who she is.

She sadly doesn't have a Hung Up / Can't get you out of my head / Fantasy / Toxic / Poker Face / Hips don't lie - not because of quality, but because of how her career has been managed post 2004. The Rih/Bey/Gaga/Kylie streaming gays would love her just not a lot of them have heard of her because she hasn't been pushed on the internet. I found her music when I was 14 years old (in 2016) but I could have heard of her earlier if her music videos were on YouTube. In order to find Janet's music you have to be actively searching for legacy pop music. Unlike a lot of artists where people discover them through hearing their music on the radio / in clubs / on Tik Tok / Spotify playlists.

Perfectly said! :clap3: It's such a frustrating situation, but it shouldn't discredit her achievements and her undeniable impact on the industry to this day. Things have slightly improved in the past couple years with all her music videos finally officially available on YouTube and "Discipline" being added to Spotify, but there's still a long journey to go in order to truly rebuild her legacy and mainstream presence. And unfortunately, it seems like it's up to the fans to really push this, especially those working in executive + influential positions. Including songs on movie + TV show soundtracks, keep celebrating her in all-time lists/reviews/thinkpieces, attempt to secure and suggest samples for current popular and/or up-and-coming artists. These little developments can go a long way. Speaking of which...

OT: I mean...technically speaking Janet isn't completely absent from the charts...

N6u50uJ.png

2012 track from Kendrick Lamar which prominently samples her song "Any Time, Any Place" and whose title is a direct reference to the 1993 movie she played a major role in.

In addition, shout-out to Taylor Swift namedropping Janet and her song "All For You" in a super wholesome lyric on her song "Snow On The Beach"

8rVk1rQ.png

Some people get too bold discrediting such an important and influential figure in music despite having the full knowledge her legacy and staying power were deliberately diminished by a vile media executive who blacklisted her across America following the nipplegate scandal. And sadly, as @holyground13 highlighted, neither Janet nor her team have done much to reintroduce her to newer generations.

But her influence remains strong. See the videos shared by @Marry Illusion Glory and also this gem:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcvoaQnF50x/

Edited by Moonlight Nation
  • Thanks 2

I love Janet but she needs to stop touring 24/7 and drop some new music. I can't believe it's been almost a decade since her last album.

• Like 2

Welcome to my world whenever I check on my faves :suburban:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Let me get this straight: your fav... can't sing. :rip: Can't dance. :rip: Can't write without Bonnie McKee. :rip: Has zero acclaimed albums. :rip: Has zero Grammys. :rip: Has zero Oscar nominations. :rip: And the only relevant deal she ever signed wasn't even for her music. :rip:

How does it feel when the only solace you have is an album that came out when...

...phones looked like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCj_5wn-tGWjtjUmkASW-

...Britain was ruled by this man:

Gordon-Brown-announces-th-005.jpg?width=465&dpr=1&s=none

...this individual was still alive:

88185008_770x433_acf_cropped_770x433_acf_cropped.jpg

...and this was considered the peak of comedy:

2Fyos7q2pA.png

:hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

If you look up the definition of drag ha to filth in the dictionary, this is actually what you will find because honey it is SCATHING! :jonny5:

• Haha 1

Not another thread with some individuals with Regina George complex again, hating on a woman using whoever they found. Another day, another thread related to the hate for Katy :rip:

Surprising tbh, all nite deserves success so does Rhythm Nation. Her last song with Daddy Yankee was a mess, of course it didn't do anything on charts let alone for her legacy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.