New York Times: Biden tells key ally he may not stay in 2024 election

jakeisphat

2 minutes ago, ForgottenSoul said:

The issue is they would support Kamala I think only she can get the funds Biden has raised. 

Apparently Kamala can use it (or at least most of it) because her name is on the FEC filings for Biden's statement of candidacy. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ForgottenSoul

• GraceRandolph

• ZeroSuitBritney

• nadiamendell

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

I can never tell if this is ironic stanning or not :deadbanana2:

Let's remember that Marianne was the most googled candidate in 49/50 states after her debate. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm ok with it but I don't have any hope in Kamala, she's younger and it's her only one advantage :giraffe:

• Like 1

There's only one person who could galvanize the country behind a democrat. It's Bernard Sanders. 

It was stolen from him twice, give it to him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Why are people so apprehensive about having Kamala as the nominee? I'm not from the US but she seems so much more regular and scandal-free compared to Trump and Biden. With how polarised America is now surely someone as normal as her would be the better option. Biden should've never even attempted to run for the second term at 82 years old, just retire please :rip:.

8 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Let's remember that Marianne was the most googled candidate in 49/50 states after her debate. 

Everyone wanted to know whose auntie snuck on stage wbk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

just as I expected, this thread has turned into a comedy show :skull: 

it's clear you all scream for him to leave, but never had any (real) suggestions for a replacement, other than Kamala. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

39 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

I'm not American so I haven't been following this as closely as others but wouldn't almost any other candidate be better than Biden, even Kamala? He's irredeemable at this point and even though it's probably too little too late for another candidate to gain enough momentum, at least they'd have a chance. This man inspires confidence in nobody

Yeah, at this point it's hard to imagine a candidate that does worse.  Maybe Hilary Clinton but even then it's questionable.  

The concern people have about Biden is not his policies but whether he is qualified and fit to be president.  What makes that a dangerous conversation is it washes out Trump's unfitness.  Democrats should not be running a candidate that makes this a close election with Trump.  They need to be running someone who can exploit trump's weaknesses. 

8 minutes ago, Duanielipa said:

Why are people so apprehensive about having Kamala as the nominee? I'm not from the US but she seems so much more regular and scandal-free compared to Trump and Biden. With how polarised America is now surely someone as normal as her would be the better option. Biden should've never even attempted to run for the second term at 82 years old, just retire please :rip:.

Kamala performed rather poorly in the 2020 primaries and isn't particularly popular, especially with some of the key demographics where Biden is weaker than he needs to be like young voters. I think people have serious concerns that she would be able to inspire the kind of confidence that would lead to a clear polling lead and healthy turnout.

The bigger problem is, of course, that there's no other realistic alternative anyway, including potentially Biden himself at this point.

If the replacement is Kamala though, he might as well stay in. She would preform even worse.

Only people I can see getting the nomination and being able to get the country behind them is Gretchen Whitmer or Josh Shapiro. They come from important swing states. They're not my preferred candidates but my preferred candidates ain't ever getting the nomination anytime soon so...

No, please stay Joe, you can do this! Let's paint the town states red.  :clap:

14 minutes ago, Duanielipa said:

She is very unpopular and has made some questionable choices during her time as DA and AG in California, add to the fact that she is a WOC and this country is still deeply rooted in misogyny and racism. Ultimately she would be a better candidate than Biden and a better choice than Trump but it's going to be difficult to get those swing states on her side

It's risky to keep Biden and risky for him to step aside. Ultimately, I think Kamala would galvanize democrats and I'd personally be more enthused to stand behind her. Even if Biden won, the question of his ability and age would tarnish his legacy. He should do the right thing and step aside. 

Edited by choerry

6 minutes ago, Havoc said:

What about Gavin Newsom?

Kamala would need to drop with him. She is apart of the problem...

Gavin? No 

it's Kamala or Biden. 

The doors cracked opened. Either run with Kamala or that door will be shut in a week. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

52 minutes ago, IsidoraMarí said:

There's only one person who could galvanize the country behind a democrat. It's Bernard Sanders. 

It was stolen from him twice, give it to him.

yes, Biden who is too old, should be replaced by an even older Bernie 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Good!

Let's get him a direct ticket from the White House to the Hague! 

spacer.png

Girl we don't want him 

Spoiler

Unless you mean for trial

• Like 1

I cannot think of a replacement who could do better than him tbh. The closest one I can think of is Gavin Newsom but Republicans will probably spread the French Laundry story nonstop if he's the candidate.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.