Unpopular Opinion: Glory is Britney's worst album

Josh

Hard no. BJ is objectively worse. Glory was a solid pop album. I felt fed at the time, especially after thinking Britney was all out of fuel. It was a nice rebound. 

• Like 2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• dirrtydiana

• WhateverYouWant

• Mr. Mendes

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Hard no. BJ is objectively worse. Glory was a solid pop album. I felt fed at the time, especially after thinking Britney was all out of fuel. It was a nice rebound. 

That's all it is though a nice rebound after Myah Jean; but there's nothing iconic about Gloryhole 

I dont think theres another album out there that makes me nostalgic for the mid 10s like Glory does.

It sounds "dated" in a good way that makes u nostalgic, the production is great, cohesive and it dosent really have any bad songs
I think calling it her worst album is unfair

Edited by gm4567

I can understand the preference for her other albums because they are classics and she has such an incredible discography, but Glory remains a great record. Literally no skips (Private Show is for the sexy fun girls, sorry you're not).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

That's all it is though a nice rebound after Myah Jean; but there's nothing iconic about Gloryhole 

In her defense Britney has released iconic pop songs from her first 8 albums. Glory not having "that song" is a expectation that's hard to live up to after that long in the industry 

Just now, WhateverYouWant said:

In her defense Britney has released iconic pop songs from her first 8 albums. Glory not having "that song" is a expectation that's hard to live up to after that long in the industry 

*7 she ain't sing BJ

Baby One More Time (besides the debut and "I'll Be There") and Britney Jean (besides "Work B**ch" and "Tik Tik Boom") are probably the only two albums I don't really use. Glory is at least above those for me. 

It has "If I'm Dancing", "Love Me Down", "Change Your Mind", "Mood Ring", "Hard To Forget Ya", which I still love all of those tracks personally. :heart2:

Edited by Proseductice
  • Like 1

Ok it just dawned upon me that Glory is home to her best adlib ever aka "la la la Loove me DooOoOoooWwwn" :WAP:

Those 6 seconds at the end are classic Britney. Ughhgkgjg I'm about to have a meltdown at 4 am. I MISS HER SO ******* MUCH

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Josh said:

A rebound from her worst album. Not a re-peak or anything, but it was a solid effort. 

Damn I didn't know BOMT was that hated until I opened this thread

For me that album is sooo 90s that it has too much nostalgia and to be judged

Anyway Glory did the job at the time. It sounds dated but it takes me back to summer 2016 which was one of the best times to be alive

Edited by Trent W

Is it dated? Yes. Are Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter lesser collaborators for someone of her caliber? Yes. Does it **** on  half of the major pop releases of 2024? Absolutely.

It gets the job done as a cohesive, decent album. Like someone mentioned, some of her vocal styling in it is so reminiscent of her former glory. Songs like Man on the Moon feel like an ode to her early albums. Mood Ring and Liar are some of her best songs from that decade.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Why wouldn't we exclude Britney Jean? She doesn't even sing that ****

We don't exclude it because its still an album that has her name on it? We don't get to just pick and choose what albums are a part of an artist's catalogue lmao

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Do you think Glory would be as praised it was if it came before Britney Jean like after Femme Fatale?

Maybe it would've been appreciated for the variety in sound/styles (kind of like Circus after Blackout) but regardless FF is a much stronger album 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

We don't exclude it because its still an album that has her name on it? We don't get to just pick and choose what albums are a part of an artist's catalogue lmao

if she don't sing it isn't her album

• Like 1

Very unpopular opinion indeed. Glory is in her trinity with blackout and itz, followed by Britney (2001) that's followed by oops, circus and baby in that order 

For those saying "bj exists" yes, yes it does but it's not Britney's so 🤷‍♀️ 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

We don't exclude it because its still an album that has her name on it?

Are you asking a question? If you then the answer is we exclude it because she was forced to put her name on something that's not hers nor her voice 

if you're not asking a question then you don't need that question mark. FYI that kardashian valley girl intonation does not require one.

OT: glory could be a bit bloated but it's the first album since blackout where she got to get a say in so we look past it 

• Like 1

Kind of off topic but I feel like yapping so :foxaylove2:

Blackout was the only Britney album I ever used. I was born in 98 so I of course was familiar with the big singles growing up, but as I came in to adulthood the cult classic appeal of Blackout drew me to it. I tried her earlier albums but struggled to get into them. I think if you weren't conscious at the time of their release they somewhat lose their charm. HOWEVER this past year I tried In the Zone.... and when I tell you that this 20 year old album is now my most streamed album of the year 2 years in a row... Like part of me always thought Blackout was just a lucky fluke, B hit her stride while crafting it and really crafted a solid project but now ITZ sits plainly in first place for me. I could argue that the first 8 songs are ALL hits. Even that boom boom one. I love that one. And like, who ******* puts Toxic at #6 when crafting a tracklist??? That's insane. No one does that. 

All that said - Glory was cute. I remember streaming it a bit when she came out and being pleasantly surprised after surviving Britney Jean. But I would say that it hasn't aged well.

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

Damn I didn't know BOMT was that hated until I opened this thread

For me that album is sooo 90s that it has too much nostalgia and to be judged

Anyway Glory did the job at the time. It sounds dated but it takes me back to summer 2016 which was one of the best times to be alive

Baby and born to make you happy are 20/10 songs. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, rebeltwat said:

Maybe it would've been appreciated for the variety in sound/styles (kind of like Circus after Blackout) but regardless FF is a much stronger album 

I hate FF its dated EDM and rather crude at that. Glory is much sleeker and Britney actually wrote some of the songs on it (unlike FF) so it sounds much more authentic.

all of britney albums come with some issues, maybe oops i did it again is closest to perfection

circus=blackout=oops=baby one more time>glory=in the zone>britney=femme fatale=britney jean

her discography is still one of the best in pop world, but is it all perfect? no

i personally believe glory era was ruined by horrible lead single choice, g eazy collab

i agree with someone on here stating how all of britney eras have such iconic lead singles that glory fades in comparison, the best song is man on the moon but even that out doesnt sound like a single 

Edited by sweetkiss

Another disagreement here lol 

Is Glory her magnum opus? I don't think so. Most would say no but it is a SOLID record and in light of recent events, not a bad swan song. It's hard to think about now but maybe Britney always intended to say goodbye with Glory. There are several clues.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.