Katy Perry has the highest certified era and female single of all-time. Talent won?

KatyPrismSpirit

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• RideOrDie

• suburbannature

• ThomasTea

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

Spotify: Most streamed female artists of 2023

GLOBAL

1. Taylor Swift

2. SZA

3. KAROL G

4. Lana Del Rey

5. Rihanna

i think she is doing perfectly fine, you need to worry about the Woman's Embarrassment upcoming Bubbling Under 100 chart position before you worry about THE Lana Del Rey, who breaks vinyl records, streaming records, critical acclaim, sold out stadiums, exceptional talent and a cool factor that the likes of Katy Perry can only dream of. but Katy has Teenage Dream right, i'll let her have that one since her fans have nothing else to hide behind. 

FYQRlX2.gif

FYQRlX2.gif

Just now, RideOrDie said:

GLOBAL

1. Taylor Swift

2. SZA

3. KAROL G

4. Lana Del Rey

5. Rihanna

i think she is doing perfectly fine, you need to worry about the Woman's Embarrassment upcoming Bubbling Under 100 chart position before you worry about THE Lana Del Rey, who breaks vinyl records, streaming records, sold out stadiums, exceptional talent and a cool factor that the likes of Katy Perry can only dream of. but Katy has Teenage Dream right, i'll let her have that one since her fans have nothing else to hide behind. 

FYQRlX2.gif

Diamond singles: KP - 6, Lana - 0

Diamond albums: KP - 1, Lana - 0

sassy mtv GIF

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Talent would mean that she was able to replicate it, or that she was somehow responsible for it but given that she once again is working with Dr. Luke after flopping for almost a decade now, it seems talent is nowhere to be found.  Teenage Dream is a great album though, Bonnie did that

:ryan3:

14 minutes ago, Vegvisir said:

Bonnie McKee did THAT!

FYQRlX2.gif

17 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

if she had a label behind her who supported her instead of shelving her album, and she could keep the massive bops for herself instead of having to give them away to katheryn so she could pay rent she might have been the katy perry of early 2010s... :clack:

You are acting as if Bonnie wrote those songs alone, 'cause if that was the case TD would've been a Hot City esque album and ... as cute as HC is ... in no world would it be a Diamond record. There's a reason Bonnie is begging Katy on Tik Tok to call her for a collab. x 

1 minute ago, ThomasTea said:

sassy mtv GIF

Lana is an alt music artist who crossed over into the mainstream at an unprecedented rate and currently out-streams Katy's entire discography by 22 million to 8 million daily. Shows how far Katy has fallen that you are now comparing her to the alt girls.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, ThomasTea said:

sassy mtv GIF

Grammy awards. 0

spacer.png

• Haha 7

Just now, ThomasTea said:

sassy mtv GIF

and where are these diamond certifications post 2014? we are talking about 2024 sweetheart, one in which lana del rey is leagues above katy perry in every domain. i'm ready to talk current stats when you are, but i think you'll be running like miss collins or the pony once you realise the world has left katy in 2014 and you shouldn't talk about artists like lana when she is just on another playing field today. but it shouldn't be surprising to me that katycats are stuck about a decade behind, how else could they cope... 

200.gif?cid=a595bef3jsm1xe4irgkluyn3wg71

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

GLOBAL

1. Taylor Swift

2. SZA

3. KAROL G

4. Lana Del Rey

5. Rihanna

i think she is doing perfectly fine, you need to worry about the Woman's Embarrassment upcoming Bubbling Under 100 chart position before you worry about THE Lana Del Rey, who breaks vinyl records, streaming records, sold out stadiums, exceptional talent and a cool factor that the likes of Katy Perry can only dream of. but Katy has Teenage Dream right, i'll let her have that one since her fans have nothing else to hide behind. 

FYQRlX2.gif

Not you acting like 95% of those streams aren't from Born To Die and Ultraviolence solely

FYQRlX2.gif

Why would you bash Katy for not being able to replicate the highest certified era of all time and come back with stats that are mostly thanks to Born To Die :deadbanana4: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, LCTV said:

Grammy awards. 0

spacer.png

Tove Lo - Charli XCX - Tate McRae - Nelly Furtado - Felix Cartal - Britney Spears - TWICE - 

FYQRlX2.gif

• Haha 8

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Not you acting like 95% of those streams aren't from Born To Die and Ultraviolence solely

FYQRlX2.gif

Why would you bash Katy for not being able to replicate the highest certified era of all time and come back with stats that are mostly thanks to Born To Die :deadbanana4: 

That is factually incorrect and are you pretending Katy Perry lasted for a dozen eras or something :rip: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

i'm ready to talk current stats 

Smile (album): Gold

Chemtrails / Blue Banisters: N/A

200.gif?cid=a595bef3jsm1xe4irgkluyn3wg71

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

FYQRlX2.gif

remove BTD and UV, you still have four albums doing above a million daily streams even though they are years old. she has SEVEN  albums above a billion streams in total. do you need me to pull up katy's streams? cause i don't think you want to see what's going on except for TD and prism. 

FYQRlX2.gif

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Tove Lo - Charli XCX - Tate McRae - Nelly Furtado - Felix Cartal - Britney Spears - TWICE - 

FYQRlX2.gif

Britney & Nelly have one. Brat is AOTY. Tate had Greedy. They are racist against Kpop unless its BTS and Felix is a Canadian DJ

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

remove BTD and UV, you still have four albums doing above a million daily streams even though they are years old. she has SIX albums above a billion streams in total. do you need me to pull up katy's streams? cause i don't think you want to see what's going on except for TD and prism. 

FYQRlX2.gif

Daily album streams:

Ocean Blvd  - 1.8 million

Smile + Witness (Deluxe) - 694k 

FYQRlX2.gif

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Lana is an alt music artist who crossed over into the mainstream at an unprecedented rate and currently out-streams Katy's entire discography by 22 million to 8 million daily. Shows how far Katy has fallen that you are now comparing her to the alt girls.

Okay? Katy is an indie Christian-pop artist who crossed over into the mainstream at an unprecedented rate and currently out-diamonds Lana's entire discography by 7 diamonds to 0 diamonds. Shows how far Lana hasn't risen that you are now comparing her to indie Christian-pop girls.

Edited by ThomasTea
  • Haha 8

Just now, ThomasTea said:

Okay? Katy is an indie Christian-pop artist who crossed over into the mainstream at an unprecedented rate and currently out-diamonds Lana's entire discography by 7 diamonds to 0 diamonds. How's how far Lana hasn't risen that you are now comparing her to indie Christian-pop girls.

The way your brain can't process a simple concept like genre crossover

FYQRlX2.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

The way your brain can't process a simple concept like genre crossover

FYQRlX2.gif

The way Katy quite literally crossed over genres while Lana has been doing sad girl pop since day one.

200.gif?cid=a595bef3lo81oe5ltbe3xn6igfre

The way people want to lash her for not replicating it like who truly gives af. Many artists don't replicate this level of success + she literally also has PRISM under her belt. Dark Horse is 19x plat eligible. She already did IT. Time to celebrate :clap3:

WOMAN'S WORLD OUT IN 8 DAYS

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Daily album streams:

Ocean Blvd  - 1.8 million

Smile + Witness (Deluxe) - 694k 

FYQRlX2.gif

i'd be embarrassed

FYQRlX2.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.