I just revisited The Fame album and it's weak. Agreed?

Comedor

i did this the other week when we were doing the best albums ballot and idk if i'd say it's properly weak but it's definitely a bit flabby

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• SweetOreosOfHeaven

• mrpartyrocker

• Kimi

Top Posters In This Topic

It's dated yeah very of it's time but it did what it had to do on the time it was released so I don't blame her. She isn't the visionary some people say she is. She just hop on trend or a sound and tries to make the most of it just like she did with the camp dark cheeky electro pop she did it here inspired by Goldfrapp and Roisin Murphy and it worked for her during her three projects but then she lost her magic. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 11

No?

The title track is so fun. Plus, Disco Heaven is SO underrated

• Thanks 4

a hard disagree. if anything it's her best conceptual album, even the 'filler' tracks have some charm to them 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

It's dated yeah very of it's time but it did what it had to do on the time it was released so I don't blame her. She isn't the visionary some people say she is. She just hop on trend or a sound and tries to make the most of it just like she did with the camp dark cheeky electro pop she did it here inspired by Goldfrapp and Roisin Murphy and it worked for her during her three projects but then she lost her magic. 

good luck finding this girl anywhere in 17 years

Julia Fox

• Haha 12

Of course it is, it's literally what Ava Max makes right now.

Edited by Squall
  • Thumbs Down 4

Gaga's music is just not as good as throwback gays want you to think it is. Which explains why she has no universally acclaimed album or general field grammy

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 17

Imo, it definitely starts to lose steam around the halfway point. It's still fantastic as a debut album and TFM is a shining evolution of TF. Some really fantastic hooks and melodies in the deep cuts too (I Like it Rough, Summerboy, and Money Honey in particular). 

1 minute ago, By the Water said:

Gaga's music is just not as good as throwback gays want you to think it is. Which explains why she has no universally acclaimed album or general field grammy

I'll take massively popular songs that everyone knows over general field Grammys lmao. No one cares about that except stan twitter and ATRL.

• Thanks 1

i'm not even biased when i say that it's one of the best debut records ever. it had personality and integrity from the get go, it's shimmering and sounded trendy but also nostalgic with a lot of 80's influence all over the songs! 

and yes some of the songs aren't very inspiring or fresh today but if we see it for what it is and how it was delivered in 2008, it's one hella impressive album! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

good luck finding this girl anywhere in 17 years

Julia Fox

Well I have been for her for a decade exactly so I'm sure I'm gonna keep on her side on 17 years on whatever she's on.

Seems like some of my takes had you pressed, maybe they were right? and also I like Gaga a lot so yea you are pressed heehee

• Haha 1

thank you for your opinion ATRL member, but no.

- don't start this non sense self opinion thread, i can feel a  ton of them already coming.

9 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Well I have been for her for a decade exactly so I'm sure I'm gonna keep on her side on 17 years on whatever she's on.

Seems like some of my takes had you pressed, maybe they were right? and also I like Gaga a lot so yea you are pressed heehee

"she isn't the visionary you think she is" meanwhile she almost single-handedly changed the direction of pop music (sound, concept, fan interaction and so on and so forth) 

all that with an avi of someone who just got her first hit by reheating the same Doja Cat song everyone and their mothers have been releasing for the past 4 years 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

It sounds awful in 2024, but the singles stood the test of time. Especially Paparazzi and Poker Face.

7 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

"she isn't the visionary you think she is" meanwhile she almost single-handedly changed the direction of pop music (sound, concept, fan interaction and so on and so forth) 

all that with an avi of someone who just got her first hit by reheating the same Doja Cat song everyone and their mothers have been releasing for the past 4 years 

Right! "Isn't the visionary you think she is" had me dying. The absolute delusion…

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gwegend said:

Right! "Isn't the visionary you think she is" had me dying. The absolute delusion…

I don't like to be agressive but I'm sick of seeing her disrespected on this website by people who just jump around to stan whoever is hot at the moment

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.