I just revisited The Fame album and it's weak. Agreed?

Comedor

Outside of the amazing first few tracks (Just Dance, Love Game, Paparazzi and Poker Face) the rest of the album is pretty weak. Agreed?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 37

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• SweetOreosOfHeaven

• mrpartyrocker

• Kimi

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaga has no universally praised album that is liked well by GP or critics. 

She just had some great singles back in the day and still on that gimmick

Every other mpg atleast has one album that is praised by everyone 

Edited by FolkLover1989
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 55

I haven't revisited the album as a whole in many, many years. But the singles are still bulletproof so there's that 

• Like 1

no ❤️

It's a cute girl with classic songs, but The Fame Monster is her tight front to back classic album from that era

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 4

yep, but it's very on brand for a debut album tbh. redone sound didn't age well overall, so gaga early work suffer from that a bit.

She grew as an artist since then like many do. For example, BTD is a classic album but I don't see actual fans talk about it all that much.

Likewise as someone who only got into Beyonce after self titled, I don't connect with her earlier albums.

nah

amazing singles (Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi, Beatiful Dirty Rich, Eh Eh and Lovegame) and banging ass deep cuts (I Like It Rough, The Fame, Boys Boys Boys, Summerboy, Money Honey)

the only tracks that are close to being skips are Again Again and Brown Eyes and even these 2 are pretty decent.

it's an amazing debut album despite being far from gaga's best

proof of how incredible her discog actually is 

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

It's a cute girl with classic songs, but The Fame Monster is her tight front to back classic album from that era

Monster is definitely a stronger body of work. :clap3:

I have to disagree. Strong first 4 opening tracks but there are some hidden gems that get often overlook. 

"Eh Eh (There's Nothing Else I Can Say)" is so cheeky and fun. It's a fun summer song that plays into the nostalgia of pop music. It's very ABBA. 

"Money Honey" The bridge has vibes of R&B vocals but the song is still overall pop, on brand and fun. 

"Paper Gangsta" LG is rapping and singing while throwing subs at her label. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.