Taylor: no song in the top 20. Why does she keep picking horrible singles?

Digitalism

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• Julia Fox

• Klein

• Doctor Dick

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, niiall said:

The GP isn't here for Taylor singles since 1989 and the new generation of Swifties would rather speculate endlessly about the next Taylor's Version rather than stream the brand new album.

Which is why it's been the most streamed album in the US for 9 of the last 10 weeks. Y'all's delusion is unbelievable :deadbanana2: Q-Anon of the pop world. 

15 minutes ago, torontowest91 said:

she should do a augustcruel summer music video LOL

yes!

8 hours ago, Digitalism said:

I didn't say she has no hits here.

People on their peak could have 4 or 5 hits a year. There's nothing impressive about having 2 hits in one of the biggest peaks of all time.

And it's not about the songs as it has been proven by your post. People actually like the albums tracks like CS and all the songs you mentioned. She just horrible at picking singles.

I think you just have a very narrow view of "hits." Taylor is sending multiple album tracks to the billion streams club during this peak, Anti-Hero and CS are enormous. Karma and Willow will cross one billion. Cardigan is already there. Maybe they don't have the chart runs of the songs you're comparing them to, but Taylor is still generating the stats which is a much bigger deal. 

Most of her single selections since folklore have been spot on and very successful. 

Across versions, Taylor currently has 19 songs with one billion streams on Spotify alone and 3 that currently have 900 million+. That has been built off the back of this peak. 

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice

Honestly singles are meant to promote the album at their core and Taylor doesn't need help with promoting her albums

The only thing really lost from this is having iconic signature hits with Taylor already has too. She kinda doesn't need them so I guess not a lot goes into making them happen with longevity. 

I love Fortnight, it's jus that so many other pop girls have released since TTPD dropped so it's been hard to push all these new songs. 2024 has been going by so fast and it's not letting any singles have their shining moment. I can't think of a song this year that has had longevity like 'flowers' had last year. 

6 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

I love Fortnight, it's jus that so many other pop girls have released since TTPD dropped so it's been hard to push all these new songs. 2024 has been going by so fast and it's not letting any singles have their shining moment. I can't think of a song this year that has had longevity like 'flowers' had last year. 

Espresso has been smashing since April :deadbanana4:

Real question is why did she not make exile a single when it was screaming to be one? Something wrong with her in the head. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.