Taylor: no song in the top 20. Why does she keep picking horrible singles?

Digitalism

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• Julia Fox

• Klein

• Doctor Dick

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

I agree that it gives a lot of sales at the moment but In the long run it will hurt her If the GP doesn't know any song from the album 

I doubt she cares about that because she could have another single by now with either Broken Heart/Down Bad/Guilty. But she chose not to since the album is just something she needs to get it out of her system after 2023.
It's smart for her to lay low a bit and just focus on the Europe tour atm.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, West Coast said:

it's not like there's that many choices from ttpd

stan-twitter-xiao-xiao.gif

Out of all 50 songs, not one?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

That what they used to say about every album artists during their peaks. And now only the single artist from that time get streams 

She's not just an album artists. She's one of the most successful artists of history and her power is undeniable. Imagine that your album has been number 1 for more than 10 weeks in almost every big market besides having no hits just because you have a loyal dedicate fanbase that's bigger than entire countries :skull: that's not on the same league of just an album artists and I'm not a Taylor fan at all but facts are facts 

• Thanks 6

55 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Did cruel summer hurt her? 

It's kind of funny that Cruel Summer was the smash she had during her humongous peak while other humongous peaks like the one by Gaga had literally Bad Romance - Telephone - Alejandro - Born This Way :deadbanana:

• Thumbs Down 1

I like TTPD but almost all of the songs have an "easy" reason to why they couldn't work as singles

Understanding the easy part that she would use the up beat tracks from the standard versions we are already down to

Fortnight
Down Bad
Guilty as Sin?
I Can Do It With a Broken Heart

Fortnight was the single
Down Bad literally has a "****" every 2 seconds 
Guilty as Sin? A little too sexual
I Can Do It With a Broken Heart, before seeing its actual reception could easily be argued it's "too childish" or too "bubblegum" which weird times work

All of this to say I can understand how Fortnight ended as the single

And even then I think people in here love to be overdramatic about TTPD performance to hide their suffering at their favs never achieving such success cause the album is doing okay it's over 10 weeks since its release and it's pulling better numbers than Midnights and Fortnight better numbers than Anti-Hero. Is just that this last quarter music consumption has gone crazy plus there has been a lot of local markets rising giving more exposure to local artists over international artists

42 minutes ago, West Coast said:

it's not like there's that many choices from ttpd

stan-twitter-xiao-xiao.gif

Well yes!

Broken Heart was presented as the massive BAWP of the album but even that pales in comparison to her recent upbeat synth-pop tunes (Bejeweled, Karma, Is It Over Now? etc.) 

Guilty As Sin? (one of the saving graces of TTPD) is doing ok numbers on Spotify despite not being on the tour. I think they could try to push that as a Delicate slow burn. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

She's not just an album artists. She's one of the most successful artists of history and her power is undeniable. Imagine that your album has been number 1 for more than 10 weeks in almost every big market besides having no hits just because you have a loyal dedicate fanbase that's bigger than entire countries :skull: that's not on the same league of just an album artists and I'm not a Taylor fan at all but facts are facts 

She hasn't been #1 in most markets though. She fell two weeks after debuting. She's still doing well with being in the lower region of the Top 10 in many markets but the only country she's gone 10 weeks non-stop at #1 is the US. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

She hasn't been #1 in most markets though. She fell two weeks after debuting. She's still doing well with being in the lower region of the Top 10 in many markets but the only places she's gone 10 weeks non-stop is the US. 

You forgot the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Ireland. All of these countries had her on the top 3 non stop and having at least 5 non-consecutive weeks at number 1 which is still something that nobody could manage to get so my point keeps being right. She's more than just an album artist

Edited by Julia Fox
  • Like 5

Ever since 2010, when she wasn't getting singles that could compete with Rih, Katy, Gaga, Kesha, etc. we have been telling yall she is an album artist, not a single artist — and that proved to be true, giving her career a longevity the others could never even hold a candle to. But yall still want us to care that she doesn't have a memeable viral #1 hit at this exact moment in time :rip: 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

I like TTPD but almost all of the songs have an "easy" reason to why they couldn't work as singles

Down Bad literally has a "****"

The clean version of Down Bad is lyrically superior. Have you heard it yet? It could be a good second single or maybe The Alchemy.

I think Fortnight as the lead is a solid choice. 

7 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

You forgot the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Ireland. All of these countries had her on the top 3 non stop and having at least 5 non-consecutive weeks at number 1 which is still something that nobody could manage to get so my point keeps being right. She's more than just an album artist

You said #1 in most biggest markets but it hasn't been, a top 3 is different. But I agree with the rest. 

This mashup would totally smash if she has the balls to get the rights and release it.

13 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Ever since 2010, when she wasn't getting singles that could compete with Rih, Katy, Gaga, Kesha, etc. we have been telling yall she is an album artist, not a single artist — and that proved to be true, giving her career a longevity the others could never even hold a candle to. But yall still want us to care that she doesn't have a memeable viral #1 hit at this exact moment in time :rip: 

And still the biggest taylor eras are the ones with with singles.

You keep acting like having hits will hurt her

She made three music videos prior to Midnights' release but only one for TTPD. If she cared about promoting this album post launch she would have planned ahead. It's clear that she's moved on now cause the album is topping the charts without new singles anyway.

Edited by Rence

1 minute ago, Digitalism said:

And still the biggest taylor eras are the ones with with singles.

You keep acting like having hits will hurt her

folklore is one of her biggest eras and yet it has no hits. You all act like not having hits has ever hurt her.

This album will age like milk once the fanbase stops mass streaming and moves on to her next project

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

She doesn't care about hits, she cares about the album selling. The numbers are great right now but yes in the long run it will hurt her streams. Years from now people won't stream full bodies of work. They want to hear the hits and classics. Unless she gets another Cruel Summer she may face the same fate that Beyonce is facing (someone who also doesn't focus on hits)

You guys act as if she sells 500k copies but her albums only get 4M streams monthly:bibliahh:

You all would go NUTS if your faves got album tracks that have 400M streams and would call them gp darlings but in Taylor's case somehow the standards are different?? 

Don't Blame Me is at over 1B streams, so is August, flop lead single Cardigan is at 1.3B and or Lover at 1.4B. Yet you all claim, she has no hits at her peak:rip: 

Enchanted 800M+ streams, Paper Rings 600M streams, The Man 700M streams Exhile at 760M, or Gorgeous at 600M, Daylight and The Way I loves You at 400M 

Your faves get a 30k+ streaming update off a random b-side and are already calling it viral and a hit:doc:

Edited by MusicFan98
  • Thanks 9

She's doing fine. The album has a couple of possible hits like DB, GAS? And ICDWABH, but i guess she's done with this era, and it's ok, the album made HUGE numbers WW and it's still on top after 11 weeks, it's not like the álbum it's already forgotten like CC or RO.

The GP isn't here for Taylor singles since 1989 and the new generation of Swifties would rather speculate endlessly about the next Taylor's Version rather than stream the brand new album.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

But you would think an album that sold almost 3 million 1st week would be ubiquitous.  That's how it was with 25/Thriller/Purple Rain. Everyone knew the songs even if you didn't buy the record, b/c the music was played everywhere. I only hear Fortnight when I turn on the radio.  How someone could have a "lowkey" 11-week #1 album is weird.  When has that ever happened?  

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.