Taylor: no song in the top 20. Why does she keep picking horrible singles?

Digitalism

It's only been 2 months and taylor is out of the top 20 in spotify and only has 2 songs from TTPD in the top 50 during her peak

Why does she keep choosing the worst singles? 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• Julia Fox

• Klein

• Doctor Dick

Top Posters In This Topic

It helps her avoid overexposure. I would argue that it's better for her that people aren't hearing her music everywhere because it's stopped her from seeing fatigue the way most artists experience at their peaks.

Just now, Eternium said:

It helps her avoid overexposure. I would argue that it's better for her that people aren't hearing her music everywhere because it's stopped her from seeing fatigue the way most artists experience at their peaks.

Did cruel summer hurt her? 

• Like 1

I think she has an horrible taste because I can't even think how she had those single and MV's choices but gladly she has a good amount of fans that will stream her entire albums from back to back everyday so after all it's a win situation from her because she doesn't waste money on huge MV production and playlisting from singles and radio payola and also she doesn't seem to saturate the GP with a god-awful amount of spams from her songs.

anyway she will need a huge lead from her next album because she's kind of getting under the radar with the amount of pop girls doing noise with their works but she has the time and she has the fandom that will be there for her 

Edited by Julia Fox

8 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

I think she has an horrible taste because I can't even think how she had those single and MV's ideas but gladly she has a good amount of fans that will stream her entire albums from back to back everyday so after all it's a win situation from her because she doesn't waste money on huge MV production and playlisting from singles and radio payola and also she doesn't seem to saturate the GP with a god-awful amount of spams from her songs.

anyway she will need a huge lead from her next album because she's kind of getting under the radar with the amount of pop girls doing noise with their works but she has the time and she has the fandom that will be there for her 

I agree that it gives a lot of sales at the moment but In the long run it will hurt her If the GP doesn't know any song from the album 

Edited by Digitalism

She has bad taste (see with lover & rep) LWYMD was a great lead + at the end her albums will pull massive numbers without a hit 

2 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

I agree that it gives a lot of sales at the moment but In the long run it will hurt her If the GP doesn't know any song from the album 

She will end up like Garth Brooks. Huge selling artist but nobody will be able to remember a single song. :laugh: I want to know where her Like A Prayer is. Or her Billie Jean or I Will Always Love You. 20 years in the industry and nothing to show for it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

Taylor just has high standards. Fortnight will pass that Texas song in a few days but is considered a flop. Also, the Dua Lipa fans spent months bragging about her singles still being top 40 after months. With Taylor even AH was called "not a smash" back then

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 11

I believe she's trying to use her peak popularity to bring something new to the music industry. That's why she didn't choose "I Can Do It With a Broken Heart" (the obvious hit) as the first single. She wanted the tortured poets department to bring something different. "Fortnight" is not a commercial single at all.

However, I agree that "Fortnight" was not the best decision.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Treason said:

"She's kind of getting under the radar"

:ahh:

This site never ceases to make me laugh

Sure it wasn't the most legit way to describe was I was trying to say but for the first time she seems to not dominate the singles chart of any nation since folklore when her imperial phase begun so what expression i would say? sorry but English isn't my first language honey x

2 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

I agree that it gives a lot of sales atm moment but In the long run it will hurt her If the GP doesn't know any song from the album 

GP doesn't matter if you have an army WW that will always stream and buy your albums and go to see you live no matter what. She at this point has her own nation that will eat whatever she serves, at most she's gonna lose some numbers but she will still have the best selling album of the year whatever year she releases lol  

• Like 1

I could not hum a melody from TTPD if my life depended on it and Iʻm a big TS fan

Edited by 50thStateofMind
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's better this way. I'm glad she's not treating this album like an actual era. The people are TIRED :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Julia Fox said:

GP doesn't matter if you have an army WW that will always stream and buy your albums and go to see you live no matter what. She at this point has her own nation that will eat whatever she serves, at most she's gonna lose some numbers but she will still have the best selling album of the year whatever year she releases lol  

That what they used to say about every album artists during their peaks. And now only the single artist from that time get streams 

• Thumbs Down 1

The album isn't exactly full of hits. There's a case to be made for Down Bad or ICDIWABH as potential follow up singles, but it seems like she's done with the era. 

And ultimately the album and tour are still doing exceptionally well — she's contesting for a, what, 11th straight week at #1? A juggernaut hit would be great but she just had one w/ Cruel Summer.  :michael:

Taylor hasn't been a singles-artist since 1989 tbh. Since the start of the Reputation era, I think the only singles the GP truly knows are Lover, Anti-Hero, and Cruel Summer. 

I'm gonna be honest, I can't recall any Melodies from TTPD (apart from fortnight and even that is because that song was spammed on the radio while I commuted) :rip:

she's really becoming a fanbase artist ar this point and her fanbase will definitely keep her numbers up for years and decades to come, but the gp is slowly getting detached from her music and the omnipresence of music isn't something she has going for her anymore. Like what's her highly recognizable global classic? I don't think she's had anything of that level since Love Story/You Belong With Me tbh. 

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

I really like TTPD. But, none of the songs scream “single”. Fortnight was a good choice because the hook gets stuck in your head really easily.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.