Girls that are NOT gay icons?

Aden

Taylor has done more for the gay community than most pop girls (the bar is extremely low, review this thread for proof of that)
Yes, You Need To Calm Down was a pandering mess, but she promoted a petition for the Equality Act with the video and made massive donations to GLADD. She used her platform and continues to use her platform to promote equality 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blackoutbaby

• loveisdead9582

• kataraqueen

• Mr.X

Rihanna

On 6/21/2024 at 9:01 PM, Vroom Vroom said:

Taylor has done more for the gay community than most pop girls (the bar is extremely low, review this thread for proof of that)
Yes, You Need To Calm Down was a pandering mess, but she promoted a petition for the Equality Act with the video and made massive donations to GLADD. She used her platform and continues to use her platform to promote equality 

Really? I'm a taylor hater but if this is true my opinion might change. What did she do? 

Katy 

but she tries so hard and we just turn our back on her 😭

CaCa tbh

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Katy 

but she tries so hard and we just turn our back on her 😭

Girl, she's such a Back$tabber

Taylor (but for Gaylor fans they think she is of course)

Eminem

Katy definitely is like those bachelorette party girls going to a gay club, she doesn't support the gays but she loves their attention. Her first single "Ur So Gay" was outright homophobic and dated on arrival :rip:

Meghan Trainor

On a positive note Kylie, Madonna and Janet have been allies since the 80's and not just when it was cool to be an ally. 

spacer.png

On 6/21/2024 at 10:46 AM, Meev said:

I feel that ATRL is so full of narcissistic gays that if a music act doesn't appeal to gay MEN, they are not considered 'gay icons'.

Lesbian icons are also gay icons, with the likes of Pink, Avril, Billie and to an extent Taylor (with all the gaylors running around shipping her with her archnemesis Karlie).

Agreed :clap3:

Nicki

Megan

Cardi

Gracie

Camila

Edited by CherryBay

On 6/21/2024 at 5:40 AM, loveisdead9582 said:

Selena Gomez, Lorde, Mariah, Katy Perry, P!nk, Taylor, Rihanna. Most (if not all) of them have said something supportive at one point or another but I don't think any of them would be considered gay icons. 

How out of touch do you have to be to say Mariah isn't a gay icon. She's one of the quintessential gay icons :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, suburbannature said:

How out of touch do you have to be to say Mariah isn't a gay icon. She's one of the quintessential gay icons :deadbanana4:

How pressed are you to have downvoted my post last night and then quote it and comment on it today? I'm also not the only person to have said this in the thread but you seem to take offense to me specifically. Why is that?

I think Mariah is a legend and an icon. I just think it's more of a general thing than gay specific.

Edited by loveisdead9582

38 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

How pressed are you to have downvoted my post last night and then quote it and comment on it today? I'm also not the only person to have said this in the thread but you seem to take offense to me specifically. Why is that?

I think Mariah is a legend and an icon. I just think it's more of a general thing than gay specific.

Mariah Carey is inarguably a gay icon as well as a general legend. The only other user who said it is a troll account so best of luck with that argument.

On 6/21/2024 at 4:10 AM, WalkAway said:

:huh:

and not trolls saying Christina Aguilera :ace:

Christina Aguilera IS the LGBTQ+ Icon, and not just because she makes music that appeals to the gays. :coffee2:

If anyone from her time is a gay icon is her. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

Mariah Carey is inarguably a gay icon as well as a general legend. The only other user who said it is a troll account so best of luck with that argument.

I wasn't keeping track of who said it. Idk. I don't see it but if you do, good for you. I meant icon in a general way as well but whatever works. For me, she's an icon that gay people appreciate on occasion but whatever works. I'm not downplaying her talent or anything like that but realistically, what do you think makes her a GAY icon?

15 hours ago, Joyride said:

people saying Azealia isn't :deadbanana2: she is THEE gay culture

I see Azealia as a sort of anti-icon. she's like the evil doppelganger to all the gay-friendly pop girlies

she panders to the darker, shadier, more problematic side of gay culture 

Also the Sunday main party of Latin American pride held this weekend in Mexico City was a tribute to her. 

So while she's not always running around screaming gay rights. She's definelty a gay icon. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.