Halsey - "Lucky"

Rihlord

Cute song but doesn't feel like a lead single. I actually prefer The End over this

• Like 1

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• original_lifeline

• Reverse Warholian

• Kern

• goldstargay

I'm not mad about this interpolation, tbh, it's more melancholy than the original "Lucky."  

37 minutes ago, Αnt said:

I love this. I do hear Angel of Mine. 

that's the song the melody reminded me of omg it was bugging me so bad :jonny5: 

ot: this is a nice song! 

It's cute but it's kinda non-eventful. It's a flatline and the melody, though already famous, is not even a little bit catchy. It's a bit boring. I don't think I'd skip it in a playlist but I'm not gonna play it on purpose.

Honestly, I feel like "You Gotta Be" by Des'ree would've been a sonically perfect interpolation to use instead of "Lucky" :emofish:

Edited by Quicksand
  • Like 2

yea

i really don't like this at all :katie:

Edited by hallucinate
  • Like 1

Yall are so harsh, it's a cuter bop and Lucky is a classic 

• Like 4

Unfortunately this is a no from me. I think Lucky is just too iconic and this song just makes me wish I was to listening to Britney's song.

Edited by Binxstan
  • Like 2

I like it. Pretty song and personal. Erika de Casier could've written a fire original chorus for it with Halsey, but the interpolation works in an nostalgic way

irdg the point of this song, if i wanted to listen to Lucky i'd just listen to Britney's original :rip:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It is literally "You Gotta Be" by Des´ree and "Lucky" by Britney together

Absolutely no creativity. Plus this is no interpolation, she literally sings full chorus of "Lucky" word by word

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

53 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Absolutely no creativity. Plus this is no interpolation, she literally sings full chorus of "Lucky" word by word

That's exactly what interpolation is. Samples use other recordings as a source. She's not sampling Britney, no Britney vocals or instrumentals were used here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

why does it sound off key…i like it but her not singing in tune with the chorus is throwing me off 

• Like 1

This is horrible :skull: Her worst lead single… 

I absolutely hate how she sounds in this song 

• Like 4

In the beginning I was a little bored but as it kept going, I enjoyed it for what it was. It's cute and personal but I don't think I'll be going back to this very often. I need her to serve a proper hard hitting lead single, but I don't think that will be this era from what we've heard so far. 

Her pen game is so strong this era whew

Not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this... 

Not sure what I think to be honest. I like the lyrics and what she was trying to do and be personal, but at the same time it feels sort of boring. 

This is so disappointing. One of her weakest singles.

this would be cute as an album track but not as the lead...

As some others have said why in the world would I listen to this if I could just listen to the OG :rip:

What happened with her blatant rip off of Slayyyters aesthetic? I was much more excited for that sound

i was really excited for it and i find myself slightly underwhelmed now but it's a cute bop. 

A cute reference/interpolation but other than that I'm not feeling this.

It's cute and honest but no lead single material for sure, another art not the charts era? I thought she was aiming for full pop domination. Let's see if the video elevates the song but yeah, weakest lead single ever and not that memorable at all...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.