• dirrtydiana

• Gui Blackout

• enchanted0

• suburbannature

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Comparing POC to animals yet again, here we go

jasmine-masters.gif

Stop with this BS, me and our country have been loved Mariah probably even before you even knew who she is :skull: just because I call her body doesn't look pleasant in her MVs that doesn't make me that.

• Thumbs Down 10

Not a single talent in her yikes

:suburban:

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

25 minutes ago, mael said:

Why is it always that Twitter account...?

VQkPdHW.gif

cause they're more obsessed than us 

VQkPdHW.gif

it's usually the same few accounts trying to get engagement for money on twitter, so i just blocked them.. doing that to anyone who goes viral with a hate tweet, my twitter looks so much better now lol :foxaylove2:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Starshine said:

400k likes oh that's nasty

I guess TS12 is only debuting with 1.1M now 

VQkPdHW.gif

• Haha 2

Dancing like an 8 year old. I now know how her fans connect with her.

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Queenyoncee said:

It's only a kii, she could sell 100k and I'd still be listening!

VQkPdHW.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BabyBenzz said:

it's usually the same few accounts trying to get engagement for money on twitter, so i just blocked them.. doing that to anyone who goes viral with a hate tweet, my twitter looks so much better now lol :foxaylove2:

I don't use twitter so for me it looks like twitter is just those 3-4 users because I always see their pfp in 'viral' tweets :rip:That twink is also everywhere always

they're indeed straight up brainwashed

People are calling it for what is. People and especially women nowadays feel like they can relate to Taylor Swift so despite her lack of Singing and dancing skills it doesn't matter because they feel it's attainable. RELATABILITY has ruined the industry as a whole. The out of this world fame doesn't match what people see. I hate to make the swifties feel sad but I have to be honest.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 6

People would clown the **** out of Britney but her dancing made up for her not being a great Vocalist. Taylor has songwriting but I don't feel like that's enough when the music is not innovative.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

People are calling it for what is. People and especially women nowadays feel like they can relate to Taylor Swift so despite her lack of Singing and dancing skills it doesn't matter because they feel it's attainable. RELATABILITY has ruined the industry as a whole. The out of this world fame doesn't match what people see. I hate to make the swifties feel sad but I have to be honest.

Doesn't make us sad, there's room for both. Beyonce is the polar opposite of Taylor, both in skill set and in marketing, and she is the second most dominant female in terms of cultural prestige right now, right after Taylor. Proving that relatability and deification can coexist. To pretend otherwise is ludicrous. Even in the days of Madonna and Alanis there was a peaceful synergy. That hasn't gone away, the music industry is not "ruined" it's functionally the same as it has always been. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

Her dancing skill being shite doesn't affect any of her appeal. (i personally find it cute :heart:) like even though Mariah look like a walrus in every mv of hers, you still listen to her music. I really don't get this kind of "drags", they're simply wasting their time with it. Well at least it's not mine so

It only took ten minutes for a Swiftie to call a woman of color a fat walrus. 

Never beating those allegations.

:clack: 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

She's having fun in her little dress, my god people are so dense. She's not pretending to know how to dance nor taking herself seriously, nobody expects Taylor Swift to dance like that.

• Like 2

Doing the absolute most over a silly little dance that she has been doing since forever though :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why are people surprised by her popularity? What the GP wants these days isn't superstars, it's mediocre relatable people just like themselves. Gone are the times when over the top early Gaga clones were entertaining the masses. People now have the need to pretend stars could be their friends/neighbors. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's not like she thought she was serving or something. She knew it was silly 

ATP OTHs are basically hard carrying the promo run towards the inevitable reputation (Taylor's Version)

VQkPdHW.gif

• Like 2

Not Mariah being compared to a walrus :deadbanana:

I've seen cow and whale comparisons but not a walrus :deadbanana:

OT: Well, what do they expect?

3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

LMAO!

There's a part of me that finds her so inoffensive that wants to just say: hey, her fans like her/her output, so let her live. 

BUT...

I think my gripe is the somewhat engineered mass hysteria that surrounds her. It's literally not warranted. Like the tweets capture, she doesn't do any one thing at an exceptional level. Not singing, not dancing, not nothing. Even if we wanted to make it about the songs or the songwriting, I wish that the hoopla around her was centered on THAT. Even though I still wouldn't be among that mass, it would contextually make more...sense.

Every other act over history that has garnered the kind of response/media hoopla Taylor has now possessed a TALENT or SPECIAL SOMETHING that warranted it. MJ, Prince, The Beatles, Madonna etc. Taylor just does not compare, and it's not even a generation thing. Because realistically the main person carrying that "justifying the hype" baton in today's age is Beyonce.

In many ways, from a MPG perspective, I'm so annoyed that the likes of Britney and Xtina's trajectories did not lead to what Taylor is experiencing. Because, with acts like them, it would make way more...sense.

What I will give Taylor is that she's a master marketeer. If anything, that's her special sauce. It's just that it would hit so much more if she was marketing something...deserving.

There's a whole race, palatability, girl-next-door, Goldilocks, and did I say race?  angle to her success that I don't think most are ready to discuss. But go awff sis lol.

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, enchanted0 said:

Her dancing skill being shite doesn't affect any of her appeal. (i personally find it cute :heart:) like even though Mariah look like a walrus in every mv of hers, you still listen to her music. I really don't get this kind of "drags", they're simply wasting their time with it. Well at least it's not mine so

Keep Mariah's name out of your ******* mouth you nasty smelly swiftie *****

Edited by Miracle Whip
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 3