Cowboy Carter doing significantly worse than Renaissance. Why?

Talento

Ngl I forgot about the album. I think this year being stronger with more big releases by the pop girls basically means it was easier to move on from her album onto better things. I did enjoy the album a lot but I felt like it was too bloated and doesn't have as much replayability. And Renaissance is more up my alley genre wise.

I'm surprised it isn't more successful considering country is blowing up and THE was a hit but unfortunately nothing else in this era stuck.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Soda Pop Queen

• Badgalbriel

• Talento

Renaissance is a dance pop album.. the music that gives joy to gays and straight girls alike..so they have to reason to stream it even on Day 76. 

meanwhile, who tf streams a 26 track country album after 3 months

It sucks

honestly if CC didn't have the transitions i'd replay its individual tracks more. i feel like i'm missing something by only playing the tracks i like and i don't have the same problem with renny because i just play that from top to bottom since i like most of it.

Because Beyonce doesn't sell to anyone outside of her fanbase 

Cowboy Carter 

Renaissance 

The Lion King: The Gift

Everything is Love 

Four consecutive flops

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 8

6 hours ago, shimind said:

Renaissance is a dance pop album.. the music that gives joy to gays and straight girls alike..so they have to reason to stream it even on Day 76. 

meanwhile, who tf streams a 26 track country album after 3 months

Zach Bryans 34 song album American Heartbreak from 2022 is getting 3M streams a day on Spotify, and it's #18 in the US. 

She needed to have boots on the ground more to sell this album to country listeners and perhaps her fans that don't really like country. I expected a Kane Brown surprise feature (he would've fit best on Texas Hold Em) and was mildly confused there wasn't, that would've gotten the attention of the Country radio section of listeners.

Tyler Childers, Sturgill Simpson or Chris Stapleton should've also been a featured musician. That would've got the "real Country"/alt-country/Country traditionalists to gravitate to it.

Instead she has... Post Malone, as a feature. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 7:01 PM, naval23 said:

yes because the UK loves country music :rip:

The UK currently has three country songs in the top ten

• Haha 1

omg :rip: 

If she pushed BODYGUARD as a single it would be over for everybody else. Beyoncé is just in her charitable era. :clap3:

This was an album originally conceived in what? 2019? With its original release date planned for during covid. Perhaps she simply wanted to put it out and wants to instead focus on creating new music and does not really care if it performs better or worse than the arguably more and easily accessible sister album rather than promoting an album whose music she has likely moved on from since. Whether it is performing better or worse is not her concern. It is a still universally acclaimed album and that's what will be remembered.

• Like 1

Renaissance was carried by Cuff Hit by this point, meanwhile there's no follow up hit to carry CC

1 hour ago, Wicked said:

Zach Bryans 34 song album American Heartbreak from 2022 is getting 3M streams a day on Spotify, and it's #18 in the US. 

She needed to have boots on the ground more to sell this album to country listeners and perhaps her fans that don't really like country. I expected a Kane Brown surprise feature (he would've fit best on Texas Hold Em) and was mildly confused there wasn't, that would've gotten the attention of the Country radio section of listeners.

Tyler Childers, Sturgill Simpson or Chris Stapleton should've also been a featured musician. That would've got the "real Country"/alt-country/Country traditionalists to gravitate to it.

Instead she has... Post Malone, as a feature. 

Or maybe she's not catering this album to the average country listeners in the first place? Why would y'll have this assumption knowing how close-minded and racist most country fans are?

Just now, OrgVisual said:

Or maybe she's not catering this album to the average country listeners in the first place? Why would y'll have this assumption knowing how close-minded and racist most country fans are?

Post Malone... Is on the album.

My post was just about the album being able to have a larger audience and how that could've been achieved.

1 minute ago, Wicked said:

Post Malone... Is on the album.

My post was just about the album being able to have a larger audience and how that could've been achieved.

Since when Post Malone is racist? :deadbanana2:

And she already achieved that with how viral HTE was, being able to be played on country radios and having all these boomers doing the dance challenge. 

3 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Since when Post Malone is racist? :deadbanana2:

Since he repeatedly made a mockery of and shitted on Black music, said the N word and didn't address it & made a song called White Iverson in cornrows and grillz.

3 hours ago, Miichael said:

The UK currently has three country songs in the top ten.

That doesn't mean that we love country music, as that member said. 

Texas Hold 'Em was a huge hit here as well but the UK does not consume country music like the U.S overall which is why Morgan Wallen is a massive flop here. The last country album to do well here was Taylor's Red which was fueled by pop singles. 

Idk she tried to prove some point about her being country that her audience doesn't care about. And the album wasn't country sounding for the country audience to latch on to either. 

More global appeal as they already said. No wonder why she wanted to release Cowboy Carter first and then Renaissance. She wanted to use Cowboy Carter as an introduction to a softer sound.

Bey was lucky that gp sucks anything she fed them. But yeah,  no reply value and she's lucky that she got one hit out of the media exposure. 

It's just not good. Less than 25% of the album is listenable, even less is replayable.

On 6/15/2024 at 3:15 PM, Tm4074 said:

CC was more about starting a cultural conversation surrounding POC in country music. It worked considering black country artists like Shaboozey got massive exposure after being featured on CC and now his country song is in the top 5 of the BB Hot 100 which is huge for a country artist not named Morgan Wallen or Zach Bryan, nevermind an unknown black country artist. Beyoncé's musical legacy is already cemented and she doesn't need to make albums for hits and numbers anymore. She already has the pop hits that will keep her relevant for decades. 

Was it? I feel like Kane Brown opened doors for POC country artists? Did people really have these conversations that went like "Beyonce released a country album, so it's okay to listen to black country music artists now".  

is that how that worked or could you please explain? 

36 minutes ago, James_Joint said:

Was it? I feel like Kane Brown opened doors for POC country artists? Did people really have these conversations that went like "Beyonce released a country album, so it's okay to listen to black country music artists now".  

is that how that worked or could you please explain? 

I said it started a cultural conversation around POC in country music not she made it okay to listen to black country artists now. Beyoncé gave unknown black country artists a platform with CC, that's a fact. Can't listen to black country artists if you aren't aware of their existence. Of course she isn't solely responsible for bringing attention to POC in country music but she is definitely a part of it. I guarantee no mainstream major media outlet would be writing all these think pieces about the lack of diversity in country music if it wasn't for CC bringing attention to it on a larger scale to those who exist outside of the Nashville bubble. Country music is very insular. They have their own labels, award shows, media outlets, central location in Nashville, etc. and that is very much intentional. It if was up to the powers in Nashville they wouldn't give this issue the light of day. They actively fight against diversity and progress. In addition to their racial diversity problem they also have a sexism problem but that's a conversation for another day. 

Only 4 black artists have won CMAs since its inception in 1967. Charley Pride was the first in 1971 and it wasn't until Darius Rucker won almost 40 years later in 2009 there was a second. Jimmie Allen won in 2021 and Tracy Chapman won SOTY last year for Luke Combs cover of Fast Car. Half of those 4 wins took place this decade to put it in perspective. The door is cracked, not fully opened. Beyoncé definitely helped a little with that along with the pioneering black artists in country music currently and in the past (representation is crucial) so maybe in the next decade that number will grow.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 8:02 PM, Julián said:

The way we were gaslighted into believing in this album's "impact" nnnn. I hope it finally gets her AOTY though, self titled deserved.

The Grammy voters ain't giving AOTY to Beyonce. There's no way she's winning so please stop hopedicting Cowboy Carter for AOTY. Grammy voters are made lut of musicans, songwriters, producers, instrumentalists, engineers and so on. They have standards and respect for their craft. They know how much it takes to put out a great album and will always prefer the artists that are actually writing and creating their music themselves. It just doesn't feel right to give their highest and most prestigeous accolade to someone like Beyonce who is known for her lack of input into her albums and for using massive songwriting teams who write and compose the songs for her albums. Just imagine you're extremely passionate about creating and writing your music and you put out a great record and then lose against someone like Beyonce. I would feel so disrespected.

They know better than delusional Twitter and ATRL stans, they respect the craft and the work that goes into making an album instead of pandering to Twitter and their "slay queen" faves. Grammy voters are aware of what is happening behind the scenes and know deep down that Mrs. Cowboy Carter doesn't deserve AOTY. There are so many artists that are actually putting in the work in the studio, as well as on the stage. Voters will always choose the artists' artists. Beyonce is sadly the total opposite of that.

ATRL and Twitter users think they know better than the music industry, even though 99% of them have never set their foot in any recording studio. Don't act surprised next year in February. Also, the album ain't even that good, it's too long and a little bit bloated. Beyhivee, please stop embarrassing yourself, y'all are acting pathetic af everythime when she loses AOTY, it's so cringe to watch grown men and women (with zero music knowledge, skills  or talent) attacking Grammy voters and AOTY winners because they live in delusionas and believe that their "demo-collecting" goddess who has 100+ songwriters working on her albums is this creative genius.

• Like 1

There is no real target audience for CC. Most country fans HATE her, her core base are R&B/Pop music fans, country is not really popular outside of the US… all it has are some fans and people who genuinely appreciate the musicality of it. It could be a lot worse tho, but it also could be a lot better. Like she's obviously not pushing it to its full potential. 

Renaissance is also just so much more of an escape. She really did that. 

Edited by BGKC
  • Like 4

Because its worse

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.