Cowboy Carter doing significantly worse than Renaissance. Why?

Talento

Sometimes that's the pattern things take. Act 3 will probably do worse than cc

• Like 1

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Soda Pop Queen

• Badgalbriel

• Talento

Can anyone tell me a standout track from CC?
I keep hearing how CC is an amazing album (from non stans)
and as a Bey lover, I HATED Tex. H'Em and 16Carr so didn't bother with the album AT ALL.

I absolutely LOVE Daddy Lesson, is there any gem, catchy track there?

8 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

Daughter's father 

• Haha 1

That's what she deserves for no visuals. The miley collab needed a video and a performance. I love Bey, but she needs to stop pretending like she's way too important to release a video or perform the song.  

• Thumbs Down 1

Renaissance had two hits because it is that *****.

Cowboy Carter was left for dead and no song took off like Cuff It did

Cuff It was a huge 2nd single - she neeeded that for this album to stay within the cultural sphere (Bodyguard, IMO or Tyrant).

I still think SOMETHING is coming lol

• Like 1

Renaissance is a better album

3 hours ago, Mrnoniee said:

and as a Bey lover, I HATED Tex. H'Em and 16Carr so didn't bother with the album AT ALL.

2 hands to heaven, Alligator Tears, Riverdance, Bodyguard, Daughter, Yaya & American Requiem are the best tracks

14 hours ago, Superbitch said:

CC feels like a let me make a country album to see if they finally give me AOTY at the Grammys(she even says it in a song). 

Quite the opposite actually

Your patience is thin (uh-huh)
Your hormones is right at the rim
You was just goin' in (huh)
**** it, do it again (let's go)
A-O-T-Y, I ain't win (let's go)
I ain't stuntin' 'bout them
Take that **** on the chin
Come back and **** up the pen (yeah)

Cuff it going viral on TikTok really saved Renaissance album streams. Hive tried to make some dances to CC but the GP is just not feeling them.

4 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

Sometimes that's the pattern things take. Act 3 will probably do worse than cc

It probably will because if it's really a Rock album then it might not have even 1 hit from it unlike CC. Rock isn't really big in the charts these days, unlike Pop, Country, Hip-Hop, etc.

but I am pretty sure it'll still deliver on quality like she always does. That's been Beyoncé's primary focus for years now. The chart pop bunch of the hive just need to get with the program or move on. It's tiring seeing the same complaints over and over about her lack of promotion when you know what her MO has been since 2013. She adds a couple more #1 hits to illustrious career, in her 40s no less, and there's still bitching from a certain sect of the fanbase lol it will never be enough in spite of the unique career she's had and the mass of achievements she's already accrued.

3 hours ago, mrpartyrocker said:

That's what she deserves for no visuals. The miley collab needed a video and a performance. I love Bey, but she needs to stop pretending like she's way too important to release a video or perform the song.  

lol you don't know if that is why this is happening. When has she even said or even remotely acted like she shouldn't ever perform or do visuals when those were the two things that she still did for years after she became manager-less? With the attention to detail and effort, it's clear that she's always saw value in those 2 areas. There could be a bunch of good reasons why she's pulled back on that front in recent years. With the way this crazy industry is set up and the way some of you are with your demands, it wouldn't surprise me if she's had to allocate more energy to taking care of her mental health. She seemed to neglect it for years to make everyone else happy. 

5 hours ago, Mrnoniee said:

My favorites are BODYGUARD and the run from RIIVERDANCE to SWEET HONEY BUCKIN.

OT: Renaissance is the better album, but it doesn't make CC a bad album. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. They aren't pushing any song as single.

2. No current hit.

3. No viral moment either.

I think they are waiting for a Cuff It moment but they don't really care so they are not trying to make it happen either. 

2 hours ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

lol you don't know if that is why this is happening. When has she even said or even remotely acted like she shouldn't ever perform or do visuals when those were the two things that she still did for years after she became manager-less? With the attention to detail and effort, it's clear that she's always saw value in those 2 areas. There could be a bunch of good reasons why she's pulled back on that front in recent years. With the way this crazy industry is set up and the way some of you are with your demands, it wouldn't surprise me if she's had to allocate more energy to taking care of her mental health. She seemed to neglect it for years to make everyone else happy. 

Demands? Girl pls stop with the essay it's not that deep

• Haha 1

in hindsight, it's so random she chose to launch the album with a major commercial (with production value that surpasses most music videos) and then did nothing else for the record… like, why so much effort to launch two singles and then nothing for the album.

Renaissance is a spectacular album.

Cowboy Carter is an okay album.

• Thanks 1

Wasn't around that time when she announced the Reinaissance world tour? (which boosted streams for sure). Also, Cuff it was slaying at the time while CC doesn't even has a single right now

Edited by taylor__fan

7 hours ago, Mrnoniee said:

Tyrant, Bodyguard, and Levi Jeans I'd say are the catchiest (2 hands is also excellent but not really 'catchy')

• Thanks 1

CC imo was always going to be an album that needed an extra push and effort promo wise. Most of Beyoncé's audience does not like/love country music so she really needed to sell it and she is just not about that anymore. The music is great it just needed more love from her. And she's also missing a hit post release, Renaissance had the viral Cuff It moment and CC has nothing thus far. 

Edited by suneclipse121
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Because she's not pushing Tyrant, Bodyguard or Levi's Jeans. She could have an easy breezy summer single but she decided to release some cheesy carpet munching ballad. 

Because her bald-headed ass is ignoring Riverdance and Alligator Tears :rip: 

To be fair, she's doing well overall. Both of her last 2 albums were carried by her name alone and have performed decently. It's just that whatever success (and talent) she has is being overblown as usual.

So busy making music to get praised for that she forgot to make music people want to listen to

• Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, mrpartyrocker said:

Demands? Girl pls stop with the essay it's not that deep

if it wasn't that deep, people wouldn't bother making the same tired complaints over and over again about her lack of promo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.