Cowboy Carter doing significantly worse than Renaissance. Why?

Talento

2 hours ago, naval23 said:

yes because the UK loves country music :rip:

It's doing worse in UK because top 2 most streamed songs from the album are removed for chart points. If you remove 2 of the most streamed songs from US SPS it would plummet too.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Alexz

• OrgVisual

• dumbsparce

2 hours ago, AxelFox said:

Cuff It (the biggest hit on the album) took off a few months after the album release, so that helped Renaissance's longevity in the long run.

In Cowboy Carter's case, TXE did most of its run before the album release, so now since there's no other song that took off it isn't holding up as well. 

There's probably more reasons to it but I think this is the most obvious one for the difference in streams. 

Renaissance remains the better record nonetheless.

Turns out Beyoncé needs those quick little singles after all, uh 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 hours ago, Devin said:

not swifties running in here .. if it wasnt for taylor dropping new variants every week TTPD funky ass would be dwindling like CC.

spacer.png

How does her variants impact her absolutely huge streaming numbers? Numbers Beyoncé will never see and has never seen in her entire career? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

Cowboy Carter is a bad album, as simple as that. Her stans can delulu themselves as much as they want to but she broke the strike with Beyoncè - Lemonade - Renaissance and that's it. 

Edit: Downvote me as much as you want but the streaming mummers are speaking for themselves :chick1:

Edited by zuper
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 11

She isn't pushing any of the tracks or pushing the album at all, and the TikTok community hasn't forced her team to acknowledge any of the other tracks. Levii's Jeans and Bodyguard could have been good singles, and then close things out with II Hands for the R&B crowd. 

And there's been a ton of new music this year, so it's not like people are desperately holding on to CC.

She did it to herself. Oh well.

Edited by Rotunda
  • Like 3

Country album by a 40+ year old black woman released only 1.5 years after renaissance. Plus Beyoncés years of neglecting streaming and hits means she will often fall behind. Still an objectively successful and acclaimed album. Plus the era has just begun, she will probably drag it on with a tour and maybe visuals in the future 

Edited by PrettyHurts
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Who cares? She gave us a lot of quality music with CC and I enjoy it every day! Same with Rennie too! She's been feeding us and that's what matters. Yes, both albums would be more successful if she promoted and put some videos out, but she didn't so just enjoy the songs and stop speculating  :loud:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

And Ren was a flop to begin with... Damn. 

A Gaga stan calling Renaissance a flop, the nerve :rip: 

-

Anyway, the better album won but CC did fine for what it is and scored a solo global hit which some female artists haven't had since 2013.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

How does her variants impact her absolutely huge streaming numbers? Numbers Beyoncé will never see and has never seen in her entire career? 

:skull:

4 hours ago, shelven said:

I truly feel like I live in an alternate universe because I like Renaissance but I was blown away by CC, and I'm not even remotely a country music fan :deadbanana2:Shame that it's probably going to go down as one of her most underrated albums.

tumblr_o4engvzZph1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Honestly!

I enjoy Renaissance but Cowboy Carter vocally, lyrically, and conceptually just hits so much harder.  She really nailed it with CC, and truly ahead of its time indeed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It doesn't have much replay value for casual listeners and nothing took off like Cuff It. It basically doesn't even have another single after Texas :rip:

It has low key become my favourite Bey album though (well my playlist version has :gaycat4:)

3 hours ago, Bacardo Royale said:

Especially that Miley collab, worst song on the album

10MBxdR.thumb.gif.d6ddea6a1d9692ab2a552d

Let's not act like Miley ain't the only reason that awful song went top 10 :bibliahh: where are the other hits from CC after THE?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's a much better album, genre, etc. 

Renaissance being an easily digestible alberm doesn't necessarily make it the better record, lemme just say that. People are obviously not connecting to CC and that might have to do with a lot of factors, it's not because the quality isn't there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cuff it was easier to payola on tiktok and felt more authentic because she was singing about busting it. She sounds very bored on Texas like she ever knew that like of life in Texas.

• Thumbs Down 3

8 hours ago, AxelFox said:

Cuff It (the biggest hit on the album) took off a few months after the album release, so that helped Renaissance's longevity in the long run.

In Cowboy Carter's case, TXE did most of its run before the album release, so now since there's no other song that took off it isn't holding up as well. 

There's probably more reasons to it but I think this is the most obvious one for the difference in streams. 

Renaissance remains the better record nonetheless.

THIS along there being no big demand for country music outside of the US. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.