Cowboy Carter doing significantly worse than Renaissance. Why?

Talento

Because Renaissance is about the clubs. The clubs are happening, you know

Um people... Like the gay community keeps them happening. It's where they go to release, it's where they go to get their stuff off

• Like 4

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• Alexz

• OrgVisual

• dumbsparce

Did y'all really think this album would be a mega smash though. It doesn't particularly mesh with either popular wave of Country/Country pop/rock thats popular rn (Morgan, etc,. country radio-esque stuff OR the rising alt-country [more rock and folk influenced] scene more embodied by Zach Bryan etc,.) So it probably didn't get that many spins from primary country listeners.

In the end it was going to be a fan base supported album. :michael:

• Like 4

Beyoncé's audience isn't here for country influenced music. She's a pop/r&b/hip-hop artist and that's where her listeners are largely at. I initially enjoyed CC more than RENAISSANCE on first listen but revisit RENAISSANCE so much more. CC is way too long to play from start to finish but I can play RENAISSANCE from start to finish and it's a concise, cohesive enjoyable listen. I mean all the tracks on CC are quality but aren't bops like RENAISSANCE tracks which has quite a few. I'm hoping the trend of 20+ track albums ends. It's mostly unnecessary bloat and hinders the replay-ability of the album as a whole. GUTS, eternal sunshine, and especially HMHAS show that shorter albums are the way to go. You don't need 20+ tracks on one album...ever. 

CC was more about starting a cultural conversation surrounding POC in country music. It worked considering black country artists like Shaboozey got massive exposure after being featured on CC and now his country song is in the top 5 of the BB Hot 100 which is huge for a country artist not named Morgan Wallen or Zach Bryan, nevermind an unknown black country artist. Beyoncé's musical legacy is already cemented and she doesn't need to make albums for hits and numbers anymore. She already has the pop hits that will keep her relevant for decades. 

• Thanks 5

CC was kinda all over the place, Renaissance has more replay value (Bodyguard deserved to become a smash tho)

• Like 2

Good it's what she deserves

Great album but it's dense/takes time and she didn't do anything to encourage people to understand and appreciate it

It doesn't look like you care, so why should people care??

• Thanks 1

not the "she dipped" excuse when compared to Renaissance, when she dipped for Renaissance as well.

Renaissance is simply better album. It has cuff it, heated, virgo groove :jonnycat:

When there were the rumors about a country album everyone thought it was gonna flop

Texas became a huge hit and the album had an insane debut because of the curiosity it generated and it was a black woman doing a country album.

But the reality is that this album is not really targeted to her core base or casual pop fans, most of the people who listen to the genre are whites that don't really like her

The albums is one of the best ever, but it has a problem with its niche and demo that is targeting 

Most of us who listen to her can't tolerate that genre that much

Edited by Trent W
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's a drastically different genre that may not appeal to her fan base. No promo to market it to the audience that might be here for it definitely isn't helping either. Also, renaissance is that *****. 

TXE is keeping it float now, for all the albums that needed promo is this the one :chick1:

I love the Renaissance inspired portion the most so I inserted it in Renny :gayoncecat2:

2 hours ago, Starshine said:

Because Renaissance is the better album. Hope this helps!

That's definitely not the narrative that was being spread around here when CC launched 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.