Cowboy Carter doing significantly worse than Renaissance. Why?

Talento

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• OrgVisual

• Wicked

• dumbsparce

Renaissance did fine especially it was her 1st album in the streaming era :clap3:I remember CC release day they gaslighted into thinking it was better than Ren :gaygacat4:

• Like 3

Imagine if she cared and released a video for whatever song from that album

3 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

Cuff It (the biggest hit on the album) took off a few months after the album release, so that helped Renaissance's longevity in the long run.

Renaissance - day 76 (without Cuff It): 4,359,588

Still more!

Also not Renaissance's fault Cowboy Carter did not managed to get a breakout organic hit like Cuff It! :giraffe:

Edited by Talento
  • Like 1

This question is asked often in different iterations and the answer remains the same. CC had the media hype and narrative but nobody actually liked it to continue listening to it. Renaissance is actually a good album with songs people want to go back to

• Like 3

There is no single listenable song in the album besides texas hold em. An im saying this as a casual Beyonce listener. I was so dissapointed after I listen the cowboy carter and didnt even gave it a second chance or want to listen any of the song again lol.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

No one asked her to cosplay as a country singer.

It did fine initially because of people's curiosity but it was gimmicky and was never going to have longevity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.