If Sabrina Carpenter hadn't been on the Eras tour?

prettyinpink940

28 minutes ago, RoseBud said:

Why wait to find out ?  Taylor already helped Paramore as well.  They were limping along on life support like Sabrina but managed to win two Grammys earlier this year.  Their last Grammy nomination much less win was way back in 2015.  You can't keep ignoring how instrumental Taylor has been in the new found success of these opening artists...:rip:

What is this yapping? Paramore is one of the most beloved alternative bands of the last two decades. They didn't score any Grammys after 2015, because they only dropped one more album in 2017 before disbanding and that was a new wave album, notoriously ignored by rock committees for awards and never cutting into the pop genre fields. It was also a very different album for fans that were used to their previous pop-punk sound. This Is Why was one of the most acclaimed albums of 2023. It was a shoe-in for the alternative field and the only real competition for Lana (which would've taken the award if it depended on Taylor). For rock album they only had Foo Fighters as real competitors since Boygenius submitted for Alternative album. Taylor had ZERO to do with that

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liquiddiamonds

• Yawn

• AvadaKedavra

• RoseBud

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

What is this yapping? Paramore is one of the most beloved alternative bands of the last two decades. They didn't score any Grammys after 2015, because they only dropped one more album in 2017 before disbanding and that was a new wave album, notoriously ignored by rock committees for awards and never cutting into the pop genre fields. It was also a very different album for fans that were used to their previous pop-punk sound. This Is Why was one of the most acclaimed albums of 2023. It was a shoe-in for the alternative field and the only real competition for Lana (which would've taken the award if it depended on Taylor). For rock album they only had Foo Fighters as real competitors since Boygenius submitted for Alternative album. Taylor had ZERO to do with that

Girl true but they never disbanded what are you talking about

• Like 1

Yes, I still think she would still be smashing.   Eras Tour did give her hella exposure but I think a shift of success would've happened at some point without it.    I mean look at Sabrina she's been doing music for quite some time and Hollywood Records was holding her back it's clear as day.   Yall can say autopay and payola is the reason why Sabrina is blowing up but nah I think the GP has interest in her songs more then ever now.   Espresso was just the right hit she needed at the right time.   Fast times was a bop and that was one of her first releases when she moved to Island.   Even though it flopped they still kept pushing and look it definitely has paid off.   Nonsense was the start of the GP minorly giving her a chance.  Feather grew on its own and is still gaining in radio play.    Say what you want about Sabrina but I think the success is organic at this point; just wait until the album drops. 

she already was getting there before the eras tour so no :heart:

I mean she got my attention during this song/era

10 minutes ago, rzal said:

Girl true but they never disbanded what are you talking about

True lol I actually meant hiatus when Hayley dropped her solo project lol thanks for correcting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.