If Sabrina Carpenter hadn't been on the Eras tour?

prettyinpink940

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

I heard of Sabrina because of Olivia. Didn't know she performed at the eras tour. 

Literally this :skull: seeing as most of the world hasn't gone to that lady's tour, how would they know her opening acts

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liquiddiamonds

• Yawn

• AvadaKedavra

• RoseBud

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonody expected her to break through before the Eras Tour happened. 

The attention she got from it, as well as the massive increase in daily streams, also likely convinced her team to invest in her more.

3 hours ago, prettyinpink940 said:

Would she have still become a MPG? Would Espresso still have happened and smashed? 

Having one international hit doesnt make you a MPG

Just sayin ...

Taylor has Paramore opening for her starting today going through August 20th  . we will see if they have a big comeback because of this.

Well, she did. And the delulus can keep denying that Eras was one of the many things that put her in the position she is today but I'm sure Sabrina herself knows she benefitted from it

13 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Having one international hit doesnt make you a MPG

Just sayin ...

having two back-to-back does though! 

4 minutes ago, Yawn said:

having two back-to-back does though! 

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

The tour might have helped but she would still have had a big moment eventually. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cyber said:

Let's be real. nobody knew about this girl before the Eras tour. Thanks to Taylor for giving her this opportunity to shine. :clap3:

Not when she made this modern Christmas classic at the age of 14

3 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

The way I'm probably the only one on ATRL who knew from Girl Meets World

new-york-new-york-pollard.gif

same :rip: 

• Like 1

A tour isn't enough to break an artist on the level Sabrina has broken. Calculate how many people saw her on tour (especially as an opener when you half pay attention) vs how many people are streaming Espresso. It was just the right song after years of putting in the work.

How many other of her opening acts have experienced a resurgence?

Edited by Jay07

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

I know she was really just talking to herself in this moment but still, the NERVE of this narcissist to say these words and then behave how she does towards younger women in the industry. :bibliahh:

Didn't she only open for Taylor swift during her south american leg or do I remember this wrong? :huh: 

Because if that's the case, sure she might have gotten some extra exposure from it but I doubt it played a huge role in the success of Espresso. 

• Haha 1

It helped for sure, her highest peaking song was Nonsense which peaked at #56 and that with a hell of autoplay behind.

Not saying that the tour was the sole reason of her sucess but it helped her brand to be known by a bigger range of people, you cannot deny that.

47 minutes ago, Marla Singer said:

I know she was really just talking to herself in this moment but still, the NERVE of this narcissist to say these words and then behave how she does towards younger women in the industry. :bibliahh:

The look on Tori Kelly tells it all :bibliahh:

She wouldn't have happened 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

She would still get there, methinks, but as it happened the Eras exposure catalyzed that.

also by the way, for a site that follows pop culture so closely I wonder when will people understand that there was probably no real feud between olivia and sabrina. that love triangle was clearly something cooked by managements to launch olivia x joshua x sabrina beyond disney. skin was sabrina's first song after leaving hollywood records, drivers license was olivia's debut big hit and joshua had his own answer songs already aligned… it clearly just worked for Olivia and Sabrina and he got a terrible part of the deal, but this is a formula that Disney acts have been using to launch themselves at least since Lindsay and Hilary :rip: i don't buy it. I think the girls never cared about each other at all

:coffee2:  uhm Nurse ?

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, RoseBud said:

:coffee2:  uhm Nurse ?

bfr They were in a show together they needed to promote. one has to be really naive to think anything beyond PR was going on there. robert and kristen tea

She was all over Tiktok last year with Nonsense. And Feather was lowkey a hit (#1 on radio).

So nope!

Didn't Gayle and Gracie also opened for the Eras tour? Lol

6 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

Taylor has Paramore opening for her starting today going through August 20th  . we will see if they have a big comeback because of this.

They've been opening for the whole European tour and they haven't made any noise. I'm a huge fan and I haven't seen anything except maybe first 2 dates :rip: Sabrina's performances kept showing up on my feeds. 

7 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

Why wait to find out ?  Taylor already helped Paramore as well.  They were limping along on life support like Sabrina but managed to win two Grammys earlier this year.  Their last Grammy nomination much less win was way back in 2015.  You can't keep ignoring how instrumental Taylor has been in the new found success of these opening artists...:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.