If Sabrina Carpenter hadn't been on the Eras tour?

prettyinpink940

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liquiddiamonds

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Yawn

• AvadaKedavra

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be real. nobody knew about this girl before the Eras tour. Thanks to Taylor for giving her this opportunity to shine. :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 16

Unless TS gave her direct instructions on how to create Espresso, I don't see how that gig is responsible for the blow up. She made a bop and her label handled the rest.

• Like 7

The way I'm probably the only one on ATRL who knew her from Girl Meets World

new-york-new-york-pollard.gif

Edited by Princess Aurora
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cyber said:

Let's be real. nobody knew about this girl before the Eras tour. Thanks to Taylor for giving her this opportunity to shine. :clap3:

What is this fairytale?

People knew her from Disney and then more so with the Olivia feud 

Nonsense smashed before the Eras tour, no?

if anything, the love triangle gave her some exposure, but I would never attribute her success to only that. 

I think it would've taken her a few more albums like Ariana, but I'm glad it happened so quick!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mxoonlight said:

I think it would've taken her a few more albums like Ariana, but I'm glad it happened so quick!

please... This will be Sabrina's 6th album, Ari was at the top by her second 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

what do you mean- :deadvision:

I think she would've still broken through, the momentum was already there from Nonsense and Feather was already taking off by then.

It is not a major point on WHY but O do think it accelerated the process.

Nonsense was a hit before even the announcement, and she was in a growth trajectory. The Eras Tour gave a bit more attention to her catalog like RYM and Feather and I think it helped her solidify a core audience and her own fanbase, but Espresso is just an undeniable hit that clicked with everyone and that is not due to her Eras stint.

• Haha 1

I've seen Swifties everywhere giving credit to Taylor for how Sabrina blew up eye-  :toofunny2:

• Haha 1

Without Espresso she would be flopping again. I think the tour helped but not that much. Her brand was also constructured
That type of tours are more helpful to total newcomers.
I visit taylor pop forums and havent seen too much frenzy for sabrina. She was just there.  Seen more hype with olivia from the swifties

The song was so so good and then the word of mouth got to the people
I been for a long time ignorin sabrina.
I always liked her aesthetic and sophistication but just didnt bother to check her music (had plans one day)
...With espresso...everyone was talkin of how good was it
I also like the name of the song........Espresso :giraffe: so i was like.....ok lemme check this for one time....Woah this is good. So hot. so perfect.
Now im interested about her new music and im a carpintero :gayoncecat2: we chop wood

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Confused 1

She would still get there, methinks, but as it happened the Eras exposure catalyzed that.

also by the way, for a site that follows pop culture so closely I wonder when will people understand that there was probably no real feud between olivia and sabrina. that love triangle was clearly something cooked by managements to launch olivia x joshua x sabrina beyond disney. skin was sabrina's first song after leaving hollywood records, drivers license was olivia's debut big hit and joshua had his own answer songs already aligned… it clearly just worked for Olivia and Sabrina and he got a terrible part of the deal, but this is a formula that Disney acts have been using to launch themselves at least since Lindsay and Hilary :rip: i don't buy it. I think the girls never cared about each other at all

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

taylor needed her. the momentum from nonsense and feather was already in place before eras. she had a lot of good will from EICS and already had a strong base from that  

• Haha 2

then she wouldn't have to worry about the Taylor/Swifties wrath in a few months or so..

17 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

She would still get there, methinks, but as it happened the Eras exposure catalyzed that.

also by the way, for a site that follows pop culture so closely I wonder when will people understand that there was probably no real feud between olivia and sabrina. that love triangle was clearly something cooked by managements to launch olivia x joshua x sabrina beyond disney. skin was sabrina's first song after leaving hollywood records, drivers license was olivia's debut big hit and joshua had his own answer songs already aligned… it clearly just worked for Olivia and Sabrina and he got a terrible part of the deal, but this is a formula that Disney acts have been using to launch themselves at least since Lindsay and Hilary :rip: i don't buy it. I think the girls never cared about each other at all

i wonder how Joshua feel about Sabrina and Olivia turning into big stars. I honestly think he was bad managed. He has the looks
He could pull a shawn mendes and write bisexual songs. Look how big is chapell gettin with her bisexual songs :giraffe:
He could be an icon for the new gens.

Sadly i feel like joshua family is toxic and he has a lot of issues with them :gaycat4:
is honestly crazy how we forgot about this. How Joshua was in some sort of cult??? and antigay theraphy?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.