Does Selena's lack of talent make her success all the more impressive?

Starfish

Just now, dirrtydiana said:

They most certainly and absolutely cannot as no one was under Britney's situation. 

It's not just BJ many singers did background vocals for Britney that are very prominent in the final mix and that's fine #=#)€)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• WaterDiamonds

• selena_lavigne

• MonsterNavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, WaterDiamonds said:

It's not just BJ many singers did background vocals for Britney that are very prominent in the final mix and that's fine #=#)€)

Name one. I have time today to correct misinformation.

3 hours ago, Mandalore said:

She has a pleasant tone and her own singing style that works with her range. Her songs fit her voice too. Also she's a pretty decent actress, like actual acting talent not just the ex-act kind. But please, tell us more about talent, faceless nameless random Atrl dweller. :dies:

Facts.

no, not surprised about the cannes winner and billionaire success. she serves BOPS. We need an album tho, 2 in A DECADE is not it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dirrtydiana said:

Name one. I have time today to correct misinformation.

Keri's vocals in BTI are very prominent in the chorus.

Selfish is literally carried by Jeannette Olsen's bg vocals.

He about to lose me has Inna Wroldsen and Mikey Shiloh doing the lower and higher harmonies in the chorus and it's questionable if Britney ever cut the chorus.

it's fine lol singers use very prominent background vocalists all the time and Same Old Love kept the "Ooohs" because probably Selena forgot or didn't have time to record them, because she was capable to reach those notes at the time.

Just now, WaterDiamonds said:

Keri's vocals in BTI are very prominent in the chorus.

Selfish is literally carried by Jeannette Olsen's bg vocals.

He about to lose me has Inna Wroldsen and Mikey Shiloh doing the lower and higher harmonies in the chorus and it's questionable if Britney ever cut the chorus.

it's fine lol singers use very prominent background vocalists all the time and Same Old Love kept the "Ooohs" because probably Selena forgot or didn't have time to record them, because she was capable to reach those notes at the time.

BTI, Britney is not even in the video but she as the executive producer decided to keep keri as she thinks she sounded similar to her anyway (according to Danja.) And needless to say, Britney actually sings the chorus.

As a "fellow Britney stan" you should know FF (and circus) is a team con album she did not want to record. They changed her entire vision.

seliner cannot sing and her discography isn't very good. Not only does Charlie sing the chorus but the song was left sounding like the Rihject that it was. the only people who they can try clocking are jlo stans. Thanks for playing! 

• Thumbs Down 1

Untalented where? Certain other artists get praised to the highest heavens simply for being cUrAtORs. Selena's case ain't much different

:khalyan:

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

BTI, Britney is not even in the video but she as the executive producer decided to keep keri as she thinks she sounded similar to her anyway (according to Danja.) And needless to say, Britney actually sings the chorus.

As a "fellow Britney stan" you should know FF (and circus) is a team con album she did not want to record. They changed her entire vision.

seliner cannot sing and her discography isn't very good. Not only does Charlie sing the chorus but the song was left sounding like the Rihject that it was. the only people who they can try clocking are jlo stans. Thanks for playing! 

I never claimed Britney didn't sing the BTI chorus, don't be dense, I literally said her vocals were PROMINENT which is not the same, and of course I'm aware Britney kept them because their voices blended nicely as the same happens in Gimme More, Outta This World, Perfect Lover and other tracks.

Her not wanting to record Circus and FF doesn't change the fact that they have very prominent guest background vocals due to the excruciating schedule she was in, which isn't different as why Charli's backgrounds vocals were kept in Same Of Love.

Guest singers like Carla Marie and Julia (Who was discovered by Selener, you can hear her very clearly in DYWCO) also do background vocals in Glory to a much lesser extent, but they still do and there's no shame in that. :rip:

BTW: Filtering Selena's vocals in Same Old Love rn, just so you stop pretending she doesn't very clearly sing the chorus

:khalyan2:

9 minutes ago, WaterDiamonds said:

I never claimed Britney didn't sing the BTI chorus, don't be dense, I literally said her vocals were PROMINENT which is not the same, and of course I'm aware Britney kept them because their voices blended nicely as the same happens in Gimme More, Outta This World, Perfect Lover and other tracks.

Her not wanting to record Circus and FF doesn't change the fact that they have very prominent guest background vocals due to the excruciating schedule she was in, which isn't different as why Charli's backgrounds vocals were kept in Same Of Love.

Guest singers like Carla Marie and Julia (Who was discovered by Selener, you can hear her very clearly in DYWCO) also do background vocals in Glory to a much lesser extent, but they still do and there's no shame in that. :rip:

BTW: Filtering Selena's vocals in Same Old Love rn, just so you stop pretending she doesn't very clearly sing the chorus

:khalyan2:

The background vocals being prominent on bti =/= Charlie singing the same old love chorus so no clue why you even brought it up (:

my point of that is that Britney as the exec producer deciding something artistically is not the same as needing the background singer to take over because the main artist can't sing (like seliner)

yeah she probably whispered it but it doesn't change the fact that the official song was played and will be remembered with Charlie in the chorus which is the part people know 

:celestial4:

Edited by dirrtydiana

48 minutes ago, WaterDiamonds said:

sorry but people with lorde profile pictures coming for selena's singing will never not be funny... the call is coming from inside the house spacer.png

no amount of editing and melodyne can bring life to selena's flat pre recorded live vocals but go off sis 

3 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

- she has a very pleasant perfect for pop music studio vocals

- she knows what type songs suits her very limited vocal talent

- she knows how to craft and pick perfect pop songs

- she can act

- she (used to be) and amazing dancer

- she can perform and has amazing stage presence when (she tries)

- she knows how to convey a feeling through singing 

- her discography is full of greatness and the amount of pop perfection she has is insane

I'll give you the first four. The rest is bullshit

6 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

The background vocals being prominent on bti =/= Charlie singing the same old love chorus so no clue why you even brought it up (:

my point of that is that Britney as the exec producer deciding something artistically is not the same as needing the background singer to take over because the main artist can't sing (like seliner)

yeah she probably whispered it but it doesn't change the fact that the official song was played and will be remembered with Charlie in the chorus which is the part people know 

Well, you clearly have a one sided beef with miss Gomez because all I did was stating facts and you seem upset about that for some reason.

Leaving with this, you can also Google more Same Old Love performances if you care and check for yourself she doesn't struggle singing the chorus 

https://youtu.be/Z8qNUAMfDOA?si=CRa4CjmWLpqeCw-O

11 minutes ago, teenager said:

no amount of editing and melodyne can bring life to selena's flat pre recorded live vocals but go off sis 

Ahhh you mad :ryan3:

1 minute ago, WaterDiamonds said:

Well, you clearly have a one sided beef with miss Gomez because all I did was stating facts and you seem upset about that for some reason.

Leaving with this, you can also Google more Same Old Love performances if you care and check for yourself she doesn't struggle singing the chorus 

https://youtu.be/Z8qNUAMfDOA?si=CRa4CjmWLpqeCw-O

?

what kind of projection 😆 

sweetie, the only one stating facts (with proof here) is me. You're the one who literally pointed a gun emoji at me lmao

and did you even watch that video? You can immediately tell the chorus is lipped and it's not even her. She even puts the mic down during the "oh" lol

3 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

?

sweetie, the only one stating facts (with proof here) is me. You're the one who literally pointed a gun emoji at me lmao

and did you even watch that video? You can immediately tell the chorus is lipped and it's not even her. She even puts the mic down during the "oh" lol

that user knows as much about live singing and staying on key as his fave - don't give yourself the headache :heart:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

?

I'm so sorry but resorting to the "it's not her/she's lipping" thing when she sounds good is hilarious.

Babes, of course she doesn't sing the "oh", haven't you seen that she has BACKUP VOCALISTS in the background along with the live band that are there specifically to fill in during those parts so there's no need to use a vocal backing track :suburban:

4 minutes ago, WaterDiamonds said:

I'm so sorry but resorting to the "it's not her/she's lipping" thing when she sounds good is hilarious.

Babes, of course she doesn't sing the "oh", haven't you seen that she has BACKUP VOCALISTS in the background along with the live band that are there specifically to fill in during those parts so there's no need to use a vocal backing track :suburban:

I am so confused right now! I can't tell if you're serious or not. The background singer is dancing and not singing when the "oh" plays which is very clearly a track, witch Charlie no less lol

and don't get me started on the "Selena sounds good" part of your pos lol

4 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

I am so confused right now! I can't tell if you're serious or not. The background singer is dancing and not singing when the "oh" plays which is very clearly a track, witch Charlie no less lol

and don't get me started on the "Selena sounds good" part of your pos lol

You can clearly see her background vocalist singing the "OOH" while Selena puts the mic down because she's doing a pause for air, acting dense for no reason one more time :gaycat4:

Also, how did the narrative switch from "it's not her and she's lipping Charlotte's vocals" to "She sounds bad live", it's a conspiracy theory I'm actually interested in.

:clack:

4 minutes ago, WaterDiamonds said:

You can clearly see her background vocalist singing the "OOH" while Selena puts the mic down because she's doing a pause for air, acting dense for no reason one more time :gaycat4:

Also, how did the narrative switch from "it's not her and she's lipping Charlotte's vocals" to "She sounds bad live", it's a conspiracy theory I'm actually interested in.

:clack:

This is the second time you call me dense and it's very ironic because it really looks like you don't know the difference between live and a track or can't even tell that the background singer is not singing lol I also said she was lipping the chorus to Charlie's vocals I never claimed she lipped the whole thing :fan:

6 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

This is the second time you call me dense and it's very ironic because it really looks like you don't know the difference between live and a track or can't even tell that the background singer is not singing lol I also said she was lipping the chorus to Charlie's vocals I never claimed she lipped the whole thing :fan:

I'm so sorry but if you can't see how the backup singers are doing the ooh in the video the problem isn't me, but your eyesight, and if you can't hear how it sounds different than charli's ooh, the problem isn't me again, but your hearing (which i already could tell that was damaged by you thinking charli sings the entire same old love chorus when her voice and selena's voices are nothing alike.)

Anyway, namasté sis 🙏🏼

16 minutes ago, WaterDiamonds said:

I'm so sorry but if you can't see how the backup singers are doing the ooh in the video the problem isn't me, but your eyesight, and if you can't hear how it sounds different than charli's ooh, the problem isn't me again, but your hearing (which i already could tell that was damaged by you thinking charli sings the entire same old love chorus when her voice and selena's voices are nothing alike.)

Anyway, namasté sis 🙏🏼

There's only one background singer… you can clearly hear when the track comes in at the start of the chorus… seliner can't hit those no…

Oh, I get it. You've been trolling this whole time!

7 hours ago, Poster Girl said:

I don't know much about Selena as an artist as I have never fully took a deep dive into her discography but does she write any of her own songs? I was so so so in love with Vulnerable a few years back as it autoplayed for me on Apple Music. Would people recommend I check out more of her work? :smile:

I grew up with her music. Her first album Kiss & Tell came out when i was 9 so her music is kind of the soundtrack to pivotal life moments for me. 
I love every single song in her discography, so i would start with Kiss & Tell and go through each album up until Revival. When you finish listening to Revival she released over 10 singles from 2016-2019 that are not on any of her albums, i would spend time listening to those and then finish your listening session with Rare and Revelación. If you are really new to her discography you are in for a treat. :jonny6:

I don't know much about Selena as an artist as I have never fully took a deep dive into her discography but does she write any of her own songs? I was so so so in love with Vulnerable a few years back as it autoplayed for me on Apple Music. Would people recommend I check out more of her work? :smile:

I grew up with her music. Her first album Kiss & Tell came out when i was 9 so her music is kind of the soundtrack to pivotal life moments for me. 
I love every single song in her discography, so i would start with Kiss & Tell and go through each album up until Revival. When you finish listening to Revival she released over 10 singles from 2016-2019 that are not on any of her albums, i would spend time listening to those and then finish your listening session with Rare and Revelación. If you are really new to her discography you are in for a treat. :jonny6:

She never repeats herself and she's always trying to top her previous projects. So it gets progressively better. :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.