Does Selena's lack of talent make her success all the more impressive?

Starfish

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• WaterDiamonds

• selena_lavigne

• MonsterNavy

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

?

I wouldn't put Selena gomez in a top50 artists with the best singles.

:deadbanana:

Like- a lot of her singles (and songs in general) are just songs rejected by other artists. :deadbanana4: I won't deny that she has some nice music, but "strong" would definitely not be my first choice of adjective to describe her discography.

whew your faves could NEVER

these are just singles and only the first part of her iconic and legendary career :WAP:

• Thumbs Down 1

54 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

we know all of this, being a great singer for example christina aguilera (debatable with all the screaming) doesn't make you a good artist or guarantee a career

but when artists don't have the best voice they usually have other talents and skills and vision that they bring into their craft

songwriting, playing instruments, dancing, style/vision that sets them apart and makes you say "wow she has this going on for her" 

selena gomez has NONE of these

This is a typical pop stan point of view in my humble opinion, not necessarily what the public thinks or wants. They listen to what they hear on the radio, on television or listen to someone we talk about. Selena was young when she became famous and the medias were talking about her relation with Justin Bieber for a long time even after they broke up. She "used" it in her image and music and it worked, people were curious. She also released some catchy songs back then. Her success isn't surprising at all to me. If she would have been a great musician/dancer etc it would have been a bonus in the gp's eye.

and now we go to the best part aka her peak  :WAP:

WHEW from teen popstar to a real main pop girl that takes risks btw :WAP:

she served ARTS and CHARTS :WAP:

Edited by MonsterNavy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

part 3 :WAP:

the part of her career where she repeaks after the iconic revival and droplets era where she served quality arts and charts btw

this is the part where she kinda slowed down because of what happened to her health and personal life but still managed to reach new career peaks and served pop perfection in english, spanish, kpop and afrobeats :WAP: 

THE ******* RANGE WHEWWW

• Thumbs Down 1

For sure, she had something that seems to be the number one factor to have success nowadays: a narrative

she has better discography than many 'talented' artists which is impressive 

Genuine question but how was she singing better during the Disney days but now she whispers? Is it because of her lupus 

its funny to me how atrl seems to downgrade selena or call her irrelevant but yet here's this thread (that its made every time) fuming over if shes talented or not.

sis may lack but she is a NAME on the industry and has bops. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poster Girl said:

I don't know much about Selena as an artist as I have never fully took a deep dive into her discography but does she write any of her own songs? I was so so so in love with Vulnerable a few years back as it autoplayed for me on Apple Music. Would people recommend I check out more of her work? :smile:

She has some writing credits here and there

if you loved vulnerable you would probably also love these (from the same album):

and revival is a very solid album with many bops, you should check it out.

and some of her earlier stuff:

Spoiler

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

she has better discography than many 'talented' artists which is impressive 

You mean like that song Charlie xcx sings the chorus in? That's highly debatable 

2 minutes ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

its funny to me how atrl seems to downgrade selena or call her irrelevant but yet here's this thread (that its made every time) fuming over if shes talented or not.

sis may lack but she is a NAME on the industry and has bops. 

it's kinda insane considering she has an impressive longevity (she debuted in 2009 and is still collecting hits) , and is one of the most searched female artists on google of all-time.

People are clearly tuning in for her

5 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

it's kinda insane considering she has an impressive longevity (she debuted in 2009 and is still collecting hits) , and is one of the most searched female artists on google of all-time.

People are clearly tuning in for her

just becasue shes an easy target and she made herself look like one and dont stand by herself

The horrible spam on this page lmao. She ******* sucks. :skull: 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

She has some writing credits here and there

if you loved vulnerable you would probably also love these (from the same album):

and revival is a very solid album with many bops, you should check it out.

and some of her earlier stuff:

Reveal hidden contents

Ty! I'll give these a listen later on today. 😊

3 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

If someone only cares about a singer's vocals, there's The Voice on television which is basically made for that and only that. I don't know for y'all btw but The Voice winners very rarely become famous and successful after the show in my country. A voice is not enough.

The two (only) most successful contestants form the US version being Morgan Wallen and Melanie Martinez…

2 hours ago, teenager said:

:clack:

sorry but people with lorde profile pictures coming for selena's singing will never not be funny... the call is coming from inside the house spacer.png

39 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

You mean like that song Charlie xcx sings the chorus in? That's highly debatable 

As a fellow Britney stan let's not mention background vocals, they can cook us in this department omg @=#)€)*

Just now, WaterDiamonds said:

As a fellow Britney stan let's not mention background vocals, they can cook us in this department omg @=#)€)*

They most certainly and absolutely cannot as no one was under Britney's situation. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.