What's the most conservative thing about you?

Bitter Aging Twink

On 6/10/2024 at 3:21 PM, Dekkan said:

Hookups do not really work for me personally and I say this with utmost sadness.

x2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• Rep2000

• JoeAg

• ChapelHooker

I think Chalie xcx music is trash 

I'm more on the right side of the political spectrum in general

My biggest conservative thing about me is that I'm a strong nationalist

On 6/10/2024 at 3:48 PM, Mordecai said:

I'm anti-immigration

Don't understand why we continue to let people in freely when we don't even have the infrastructure for those who already live here. I'm also starting to feel like a foreigner in my own hometown more often and it's starting to get a bit uncomfortable at times

The problem is not really immigration itself, but more the number of immigrants.

Moderate immigration is healthy among a nation, especially with current low natality rates. But some countries accept WAY too much immigrants which cause any kind of society problems like housing, health and school services, integration, etc. When you let in hundred of thousands people each year without any of the services and new constructions fallowing that rapid population increase, it gives a lot of problems. It has a direct link with inflation and the high cost of goods and services. On top of that, it creates problems with integration, studies show that countries where the immigration is too much, a certain peace is breached because there is a value shock between the original nation population and the new comers

The key is a lower rate of immigration, but sometimes it looks like political choices to increase the amount of immigrants because they normally vote towards centre-left parties so the more they are, the more votes those parties get

1 hour ago, MP3 said:

The problem is not really immigration itself, but more the number of immigrants.

Moderate immigration is healthy among a nation, especially with current low natality rates. But some countries accept WAY too much immigrants which cause any kind of society problems like housing, health and school services, integration, etc. When you let in hundred of thousands people each year without any of the services and new constructions fallowing that rapid population increase, it gives a lot of problems. It has a direct link with inflation and the high cost of goods and services. On top of that, it creates problems with integration, studies show that countries where the immigration is too much, a certain peace is breached because there is a value shock between the original nation population and the new comers

The key is a lower rate of immigration, but sometimes it looks like political choices to increase the amount of immigrants because they normally vote towards centre-left parties so the more they are, the more votes those parties get

It's not just immigration in terms of quantity but also quality, and it doesn't matter place of origin but the type of immigrants you're receiving as not all immigration is equal. For example, accepting high numbers of refugees is going to get you lower quality immigrants in terms of skills and assets. In addition to how compatible/willing are the immigrants are to assimilating, mostly based off of already pre-existing similarities in the culture

For example, many Americans see European reaction to non-European immigration as being pure racism but while racism is a factor, there is a valid concern over migrants who refuse to assimilate and carry over values mostly from Islam that are incompatible with the secularity of many European countries, especially Germany and France. Most Arabs in the US for example are Christian and the minority are Muslim and it is the inverse in Europe; vast majority are Muslim (particularly some of the most conservative types) and only a minority are Christian 

• Like 1

It's not Islamophobic to dislike Islam as a religion. The left often dances around this topic.

• Like 2

I think all sort of Islam/Muslim headscarfs should be banned, at least in my country. 

• Thumbs Down 2

I'm against drugs in general, alcohol, weed and coke in particular. Like why are we glorifying people under age 25 using highly addictive drugs. Raise the drinking age because taking those compounds before 25 will significantly affect your brain functionality. 

• Like 3

On 6/22/2024 at 6:41 PM, MP3 said:

Moderate immigration is healthy among a nation, especially with current low natality rates. But some countries accept WAY too much immigrants which cause any kind of society problems like housing, health and school services, integration, etc. When you let in hundred of thousands people each year without any of the services and new constructions fallowing that rapid population increase, it gives a lot of problems. 

that's what happens when the West invades and topples foreign governments. What do you expect the results to be? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2024 at 12:27 PM, SmittenCake said:

that's what happens when the West invades and topples foreign governments. What do you expect the results to be? 

Thank you, like the West is why there are so many migrants. It also doesn't help that the West actively promote themselves as safe haven for asylum seekers, only for those seekers to get the border and be pressed away. Neocolonism at its worst. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 8:17 PM, MidnightsAtPeace said:

Pride parades should be about love and acceptance, not men on leash crawling the streets wearing dog masks and butt plugs, and a whole crowd of naked men dancing on the streets, flashing their private parts to people and kids.

I don't know about the butt plugs and private parts, but dog masks and half-naked men in leather or something are very much a big part of pride parades, so i don't know which parades the gays are going to who commented that it isn't. And i don't like it either. 

This thread being bait for people to feel okay to express demonic ass political views when people can be progressive and also lowercase-c conservative. 

You could be like "I'm actually kind of a prude" or "I don't make big purchases freely" or "I'm not big into drugs/alcohol/partying" (all relatable tbh!) and yet most answers are like "I support corporal punishment against the undocumented and homeless :suburban::deadbanana4:

On 6/11/2024 at 4:20 AM, TedMiracle said:

Pronouns are stupid.

Screenshot-2024-06-29-at-12-59-45-PM.png

I love this siite.

On 6/11/2024 at 5:37 AM, Batsy Armada said:
  • As someone who's technically middle class, I really don't feel like I am. And, for how hard I work, it is frustrating to see so many people abuse government assistance, being able to afford what I can't. Walking through a grocery store and seeing people shopping, you can tell who's working for their money and who's getting an absurd amount of government assistance. It was just days ago where a woman shopping was thrilled to share with me that she had $781 loaded onto her food stamp card. Must be nice.
  • I find that it's disgraceful to walk around smelling like marijuana.
  • I believe in and support the Second Amendment. But, by all means, have tighter regulations and control.
  • Open relationships are just filthy and are an excuse to still randomly sleep around with random people, not being truly concerned with satisfying the person you're with.

I do just want to jump in and poise the reality to you, sis, that anyone who has like +$700 in SNAP benefits is going to have to have like 3-4 kids and people can make up to $70k and still qualify for some form of aid under SNAP benefits depending on their family size. Unless you too have a family of 4, your frustrations seem misdisrected.

clt4qr9vmhaor7xnfrgy7mkaa-snap-benefitam

• Like 1

It does make sense that the most obnoxious and judgemental person on this site would run to a thread like this just to denounce people as "demonic". Honey, you completely miss the point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rep2000 said:

It does make sense that the most obnoxious and judgemental person on this site would run to a thread like this just to denounce people as "demonic". Honey, you completely miss the point.

Multiple people have expressed discomfort with the way people are using the thread to post wildly transphobic opinions:

On 6/13/2024 at 4:57 AM, ChapelHooker said:

the fact that some people fully outed their transphobia in this thread... the ZTP once again being an absolute farce. and im supposed to feel safe on this website? ******* do your jobs! @ATRL Administration

But I guess if you hate trans people, discomfort expressed by myself or @ChapelHooker is seen as "judgmental". 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Screenshot-2024-06-29-at-12-59-45-PM.png

I love this siite.

I do just want to jump in and poise the reality to you, sis, that anyone who has like +$700 in SNAP benefits is going to have to have like 3-4 kids and people can make up to $70k and still qualify for some form of aid under SNAP benefits depending on their family size. Unless you too have a family of 4, your frustrations seem misdisrected.

clt4qr9vmhaor7xnfrgy7mkaa-snap-benefitam

To be clear, my frustrations aren't misdirected at all—I blame the system, itself, and those who take advantage of it. I hear the conversations often, in my line of work. Many people getting these benefits don't deserve the full extent of them, and many bounce ideas off of each other how to fool the system. And, if you'll notice, I didn't go into detail about those who do or don't deserve them. I'm talking about those who abuse them. I highlighted the person with such an absurd amount of money given, because that is an absurd amount to be given if you have those who aren't able to get anything.

Meanwhile, I don't quality for, literally, anything because I "make too much." Inflation hasn't eased on me. Benefits need to be simultaneously contracted and expanded, if we're being honest. And I don't see how anyone could have a problem with that. It's all about context and nuance, which you seemed to miss both—being so eager to just have something to say, "sis."

38 minutes ago, Communion said:

Multiple people have expressed discomfort with the way people are using the thread to post wildly transphobic opinions:

But I guess if you hate trans people, discomfort expressed by myself or @ChapelHooker is seen as "judgmental". 

Then it's the perfect opportunity to get rid of them.
But I guess if you can just accuse people so freely like you just did, nobody would want to take you serious.

8 minutes ago, Batsy Armada said:

To be clear, my frustrations aren't misdirected at all—I blame the system, itself, and those who take advantage of it. I hear the conversations often, in my line of work. Many people getting these benefits don't deserve the full extent of them, and many bounce ideas off of each other how to fool the system. And, if you'll notice, I didn't go into detail about those who do or don't deserve them. I'm talking about those who abuse them. I highlighted the person with such an absurd amount of money given, because that is an absurd amount to be given if you have those who aren't able to get anything.

Meanwhile, I don't quality for, literally, anything because I "make too much." Inflation hasn't eased on me. Benefits need to be simultaneously contracted and expanded, if we're being honest. And I don't see how anyone could have a problem with that. It's all about context and nuance, which you seemed to miss both—being so eager to just have something to say, "sis."

Why is it an absurd amount of money? Again, someone can only get over $766 in SNAP benefits if they report having a household of 4 or more.

Are you suggesting that you knew this random woman was committing food stamp fraud somehow? How would you know that about her? Cause she was excited? 

Are you a single person household? If so, why would you expect to receive as much aid as, say, a single mother with 3 children? 

Do you think the path to something like to universal basic income - that isn't means tested - is through demonizing poor people and claiming widespread fraud without evidence? This is why I said your anger read as misdirected. You want to take from others in need instead of arguing you inherently deserve more as a person living and existing. 

You're talking about nuance but also literally advocating for regressive economic policy over progressive economic policy (more need = more aid). 

I'm just not seeing how somehow a single mother of 3 being give more aid than a childless, single adult shows some failure of the welfare system. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Then it's the perfect opportunity to get rid of them.
But I guess if you can just accuse people so freely like you just did, nobody would want to take you serious.

> "Well if there's transphobic users, the mods should take action and get rid of them"

*5 seconds earlier*

> *complains about a user complaining about transphobia because because you hate said user cause you're a liberal who hates leftists*

girl shut up lol 

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

Why is it an absurd amount of money? Again, someone can only get over $766 in SNAP benefits if they report having a household of 4 or more.

Are you suggesting that you knew this random woman was committing food stamp fraud somehow? How would you know that about her? Cause she was excited? 

Are you a single person household? If so, why would you expect to receive as much aid as, say, a single mother with 3 children? 

Do you think the path to something like to universal basic income - that isn't means tested - is through demonizing poor people and claiming widespread fraud without evidence? This is why I said your anger read as misdirected. You want to take from others in need instead of arguing you inherently deserve more as a person living and existing. 

You're talking about nuance but also literally advocating for regressive economic policy over progressive economic policy (more need = more aid). 

I'm just not seeing how somehow a single mother of 3 being give more aid than a childless, single adult shows some failure of the welfare system. 

And, reading over this, you're committed to misunderstanding me and just wanting to have an unneeded debate—because I said it as simply as I could without the paragraphs. I'm not interested in conversing with you. My answer to you is my previous post, along with my original. Again, it's all about context and nuance.

1 minute ago, Batsy Armada said:

And, reading over this, you're committed to misunderstanding me and just wanting to have an unneeded debate—because I said it as simply as I could without the paragraphs. I'm not interested in conversing with you. My answer to you is my previous post, along with my original. Again, it's all about context and nuance.

Why is $766 dollars an absurd amount of money to feed a family of 4-5? :confused:

I don't think this is a hard question to ask someone to explain. 

1 minute ago, Communion said:

> "Well if there's transphobic users, the mods should take action and get rid of them"

*5 seconds earlier*

> *complains about a user complaining about transphobia because because you hate said user cause you're a liberal who hates leftists*

girl shut up lol 

girl, *you* shut up.

You do realize that you were the one who dug this thread up just to act offended and start fights with people, right? Or your lack of awareness is that bad?
1 report of that transphobe would have been enough, but no, clearly you need to start a fight and become the top commentor of the thread in just 1 hours without even answering the thread question.
This actually is why people don't like you, dear.

7 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

who dug this thread

The last post before me was 24 hours ago, thus the thread was literally on the first page of The Lounge. 

I made 2 posts:

1. one that answered the question + laughed at demonic ass people who used it to be gross w/ their gross political views. This apparently upset you;
  2. a second to laugh at a user calling pronouns stupid while using pronouns on their bio + pointing out very politely to a user that food stamp fraud isn't actually common.

Again, *you* hate me because of some weird, one-sided personal beef. I'm not even sure the origin of. This quoted bit of text proving it. Sis, breathe!

Edited by Communion

11 hours ago, Communion said:

The last post before me was 24 hours ago, thus the thread was literally on the first page of The Lounge. 

I made 2 posts:

1. one that answered the question + laughed at demonic ass people who used it to be gross w/ their gross political views. This apparently upset you;
  2. a second to laugh at a user calling pronouns stupid while using pronouns on their bio + pointing out very politely to a user that food stamp fraud isn't actually common.

Again, *you* hate me because of some weird, one-sided personal beef. I'm not even sure the origin of. This quoted bit of text proving it. Sis, breathe!

I'm not your "sis", dear. And once again, you completely tunnel vision a quote to dodge a legitimate question: why are you even in this thread in the first place if you can't even answer the topic question?

And frankly, I don't have to explain myself beyond what I already commented. "The most obnoxious and judgemental" should probably answer that already. Do you need glasses, sis?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.