ATRL's Best Albums of All Time - Vote Now!

Zaram

7 hours ago, alejandreaux said:

Norman F Rockwell #1 

ope literally did this :gaycat4:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zaram

• suburbannature

• OreGuy

• makeawish

9 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Namie is my ultimate jpop fave, clock the avi, due to her countless bops.

But her 90s albums were so messy with the random remixes and interludes :sistrens:

She peaked quality wise with Style and QoHP tbh

No way. Using the remix versions for a couple singles aged them SO much better. 

Not QoHP being a quality peak ijbol

4 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

The way the results of these are going to be embarrassing 

:clack: 

The lack of Radiohead, OutKast, Missy Elliott, Lauryn Hill, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Frank Ocean, etc. is going to be deafening.

This is ATRL's Best Albums

ofc mainly albums by Pop Girls are gonna make it :huh:

• Like 2

I'm gonna submit mine despite most of my faves having 0 chance at appearing here :rip: 

8 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Not QoHP being a quality peak ijbol

The "Want me want me, Wowa, Girl Talk, All for you, Alarm, No" 1 2 3 4 5 6 punch says otherwise :alexz:

spacer.png

Namie had a vision and a sound for this album, and she executed them flawlessly.

Unlike her previous albums in which she was only singing whatever TK threw at her.

3 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

The "Want me want me, Wowa, Girl Talk, All for you, Alarm, No" 1 2 3 4 5 6 punch says otherwise :alexz:

spacer.png

Namie had a vision and a sound for this album, and she executed them flawlessly.

Unlike her previous albums in which she was only singing whatever TK threw at her.

She and TK were a better team tbh and she talked in interviews about having creative control that went uncredited. 

Apple Music has S19B and C20 as her essential albums for a reason :clap3: 

I can get behind Deep River for Utada and Style for Namie. I guess if a certain user was still here, Concentration 20 would be happening, but he isn't, so...

:khalyan:

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

I can get behind Deep River for Utada and Style for Namie. I guess if a certain user was still here, Concentration 20 would be happening, but he isn't, so...

Good thing God River was my pick

• Like 3

FYC: 

Hejira_cover.jpg CoatofManyColors.jpg PetSoundsCover.jpg 

CurtisMayfieldSuperfly.jpg PiecesOfaMan_cover.jpg WillieNelsonRedHeadedStrangeralbumcover.jpg

Hejira - Joni Mitchell

Coat of Many Colors - Dolly Parton

Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys

Super Fly - Curtis Mayfield

Pieces of a Man - Gil Scott-Heron

Red Headed Stranger - Willie Nelson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

FYC

ArethaFranklinYoung,Gifted&Black.jpgMariah_Carey_Butterfly_1997_album_cover.pngThe_Mamas_&_the_Papas_-_If_You_Can_Believe_Your_Eyes_and_Ears.pngMinnie_Riperton_Perfect_Angel.jpgBeach_House_-_Teen_Dream.png

UltraviolenceLDR.pngKelela_-_Raven.jpgNamie_Amuro,_Sweet_19_Blues_cover.pngAaliyah_-_One_in_a_Million_(album_cover).pngDark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

Radioheadokcomputer.pngBornToDieAlbumCover.pngFour-Calendar_Caf%C3%A9.jpgCocteau_Twins%E2%80%94Heaven_or_Las_Vegas.jpgMy_Bloody_Valentine_-_Loveless.png

Edited by suburbannature
  • Like 4

Mother Kelela on several lists already I see :jonny: though I personally think TMA deserves a spot more than Raven

list submitted, tried to focus on pop and still ended up sending in a bunch of largely no hopers (maybe 5 will do ok? idk)

Seeing a lil Gaga love here so consider The Fame Monster and Born This Way :jonny:

8 hours ago, suburbannature said:

BornToDieAlbumCover.png

this sneak

5 minutes ago, punisher said:

this sneak

it was one of the most-listed on decade-end lists despite its initial reception and one of the most influential albums of our generation.

• Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, Jamie Starr said:

Are we allowed to include albums made by male artists too? :alexz2:

I fear this gonna be a reversed r/fantanoforever-list for genders.

I saw once in a while a male entry:celestial6:

---

Thank you for all the submissions so far. We already reached over 50 submission.

Lots of album names I never heard before tho. The indie girls striking again:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

promo'd this to the Gaga base :fan: 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

a few less likely entries FYC 

• Like 1

Submitted! Can't wait for the mess this list reveal will be :gaycat5:

• Like 1

FYC

Beyoncé (album) - Wikipediasongsforyou.jpg1900x1900-000000-80-0-0.jpga1702027481_65Sade_-_Love_Deluxe.pngMariah_Carey_Butterfly_1997_album_cover.

71jM736iddL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpga3966821834_65ab67616d0000b273be4cac8d1aab9f1ec2506a76

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Schami66 said:

VOTE FOR THE NO ANGELS PLS :khalyan2:

I would vote for this song, but not for the full album(s).

I tried to represent more decades more than anything, but this is top 100 worthy and hopefully makes an appearance. FYC

folder.jpg

• Like 1

Y'all putting all these cool indie people on your lists and my list has Dannii Minogue and Diana Vickers on it, oh my taste is losing again :gaycat6:

• Haha 1

we are going to see artpop and other ATRL-niche albums make it on here aren't we

:suburban:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, burninredhot said:

we are going to see artpop and other ATRL-niche albums make it on here aren't we

:suburban:

we're about to scientifically prove that bionic is better than bob dylan, this is the dream

• Haha 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.