Lana on Taylor's success: "She's told me she wants it more than anyone"

Space Cowboy

35 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

TSwizzle went through three men during an album cycle last year, 2013 has been topped

somehow that's a problem because????

• Thanks 3

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blumoon

• dirrtydiana

• Badgalbriel

• Taylor fanboy

this is exactly what i love about taylor swift!! shes confident and hardworking

so happy camila be friends with her since forever, cuz i can see her fire and write songs passionate came from her push! her bandmates and peers are lazy compare to ha

• Like 1

A business woman :clap3:You have to work hard to keep your dreams alive.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

somehow that's a problem because????

Its just a fact.  The post I was quoting said Taylor serial dating is so 2013. Well, not when she cycled through three men during one album cycle just last year.

Edited by Blumoon

Ugh oh, the incel atrler is now here stating "fact" about "cycling through men". If only they knew what it's like to go through one.

OT: yes, and what about it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not sure why anyone thinks this is bad, shocking, or embarrassing at all. 

This has been true of ALL of ATRL's faves / ~the MPGs~ at one point or another. That's how they got where they are. 

The difference is that Taylor has managed to keep it going the longest. Most other acts either start declining and have to get more humble (Katy, Gaga, etc.) or find other priorities or business pursuits that interest them more (Rihanna). 

• Like 8

wait, is this supposed to be a bad thing? :suburban:

56 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Ugh oh, the incel atrler is now here stating "fact" about "cycling through men". If only they knew what it's like to go through one.

OT: yes, and what about it?

Im not hating, I promise! I love heuxs. Its impressive how she doesn't let it air out before hopping onto the next one.  Most women wouldn't; her commitment is admirable.

37 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

Im not hating, I promise! I love heuxs. Its impressive how she doesn't let it air out before hopping onto the next one.  Most women wouldn't; her commitment is admirable.

Honey, this is not a funny nor witty Taylor drag you think it is. Maybe get lessons from @Burn and then come back with a new account.

Goodbye!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vespertine said:

Not sure why anyone thinks this is bad, shocking, or embarrassing at all. 

This has been true of ALL of ATRL's faves / ~the MPGs~ at one point or another. That's how they got where they are. 

The difference is that Taylor has managed to keep it going the longest. Most other acts either start declining and have to get more humble (Katy, Gaga, etc.) or find other priorities or business pursuits that interest them more (Rihanna). 

Hm, not really. I can't think of any MPG that has such a single minded obsession with charts since probably peak era Katy. All the others have made moves that hampered their commercial prospects in the name of art. Gaga released Born this Way and alienated her straight audience. Beyonce could keep releasing Sasha Fierces but she released 4 at the height of the dance pop craze. Ariana won't even tour when that's where the money is and disappeared for 4 years to film a movie musical. There's only one person that is obsessed with becoming richer, no matter what. That's why I said it's so weird to see people stan greedy billionaires. But charts not the arts I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

And she literally does ANYTHING to get it

2 hours ago, Miss Americana said:

You stan Gaga who hasnt made a decent album in YEARS?

Do you really wanna go there?

Gaga hasn't made any kind of album in years, let's start with that

tenor.gif

It's also very telling that you can't defend Taylor's recent outputs without putting other women down. In your fave's words, you need to calm down

tenor.gif

• Thanks 3

the starlets of our generation :clap3: In 30 years when we're all pushing 60, they will be gen z's Stevie Nicks :clap3: 

Drive is different from obsession

:suburban:

We can tell (and I don't mean this as a shade). She's definitely the most hardworking female artist out there. Also music has always been her main focus which I honestly respect even if I'm not a big fan of hers/her music. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gossip_Boy said:

We can tell (and I don't mean this as a shade). She's definitely the most hardworking female artist out there. Also music has always been her main focus which I honestly respect even if I'm not a big fan of hers/her music. 

Enough with the "hard working" narrative. What exactly is hard about putting out lackluster voice memos and walking on stage for 3 hours? This woman is the epitome of getting by on white privilege and minimal effort. She's not the one pressing the vinyls.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dirrtydiana said:

Enough with the "hard working" narrative. What exactly is hard about putting out lackluster voice memos and walking on stage for 3 hours? This woman is the epitome of getting by on white privilege and minimal effort. She's not the one pressing the vinyls.

I'm not talking about vinyl or any chart stuff. She's been constantly working on/releasing music (quality is subjective so I'm not getting into that) and touring the world for nearly 2 decades. How is that not hard work?

Sitting back and start selling perfumes, makeup and lingerie while vacationing would be the easiest thing for her but she's not doing that cause she's a musician first and foremost. Again, not a fan, but I have to give credit where it's due.

12 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

"Walking on stage for 3 hours" when literal professional athletes comment on their disbelief at the vigorousness of her athleticism. That stage is 70 yards long, and she's running up and down it for 3 hours on average 3-4 nights a week for like 60 weeks total. That's no easy feat, even if she isn't a skilled dancer.

She's hard working because DURING this massive tour she's also managing to find time to write, compose, record, produce, and release multiple albums per year — both new and re-recorded. Those are difficult tasks that many artists take years with. Just because -you- personally might not like the music that's coming out doesn't mean it's bad, clearly enough people like it to buy it, stream it, and want to hear it live.

_______

I keep hoping this site can rationally analyze Taylor's career at some point but that fantasy circles the drain every day. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Gaga hasn't made any kind of album in years, let's start with that

tenor.gif

It's also very telling that you can't defend Taylor's recent outputs without putting other women down. In your fave's words, you need to calm down

tenor.gif

She also sang "We all got crowns!" I'm tired of everyone comparing Taylor to other artists or use it as a way to put them down. I hope we get pics of MPGs or shoutouts so yall can stop fighting… I need an Ariana and Taylor picture ASAP 

7 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

I'm not talking about vinyl or any chart stuff. She's been constantly working on/releasing music (quality is subjective so I'm not getting into that) and touring the world for nearly 2 decades. How is that not hard work?

Sitting back and start selling perfumes, makeup and lingerie while vacationing would be the easiest thing for her but she's not doing that cause she's a musician first and foremost. Again, not a fan, but I have to give credit where it's due.

You talk like it doesn't take efforts to sell perfumes, makeup or do acting projects. Different people have different passions.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

1 minute ago, PoisonedIvy said:

"Walking on stage for 3 hours" when literal professional athletes comment on their disbelief at the vigorousness of her athleticism. That stage is 70 yards long, and she's running up and down it for 3 hours on average 3-4 nights a week for like 60 weeks total. That's no easy feat, even if she isn't a skilled dancer.

She's hard working because DURING this massive tour she's also managing to find time to write, compose, record, produce, and release multiple albums per year — both new and re-recorded. Those are difficult tasks that many artists take years with. Just because -you- personally might not like the music that's coming out doesn't mean it's bad, clearly enough people like it to buy it, stream it, and want to hear it live.

_______

I keep hoping this site can rationally analyze Taylor's career at some point but that fantasy circles the drain every day. 

But where is this amazing musical output y'all speak of to make up for the lackluster "work" she puts on stage? She should improve on her performing abilities because that is part of her craft. And of she finds the time to keep putting out albums that leave so much to be desired. She probably records them on her jet when she's flying to see her boyfriend.

acts like beyonce and pink have been putting out great music while leaving their all on stage for decades before taylor broke out and improving with age.

you need to call a spade a spade and stop giving praise to someone who does the literal bare minimum. 

Working a lot =/= working hard

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

You talk like it doesn't take efforts to sell perfumes, makeup or do acting projects. Different people have different passions.

This. I've seen snippets of my faves working on their non music related projects for years. 

but I digress because if they think what taylor does is hard work they probably think Kim k also has hard work

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

But where is this amazing musical output y'all speak of

It's literally in the albums yall insist are bad. cardigan, august, ivy, cowboy like me, tolerate it, YOYOK, The Great War, Would've Could've Should've, I Hate It Here, The Prophecy, Chloe et al.,  etc.

These are all career highlights from her four most recent studio albums. Literally some of her greatest lyricism and compositions ever. She is putting out some of the greatest music of her career but you others don't see it because yall aren't fans of her and you rush to call the albums mid without even diving into what the growth and talent we see in her songwriting and composition.

Edited by PoisonedIvy

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I appreciate your attempts at rational discourse but you realize her self-admitted obsession with constant commercial domination above all else doesn't help with being taken seriously as an artist instead of a product. 27 variants of an already overlong, bloated album. She's diluting her own brand.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Not a mod changing the title from "Taylor's obsession with success" to "Taylor's drive for success"

:clack:

Not you getting offended because the words you put into quotation marks (which usually denote, surprise, a direct quote) were replaced by the actual words Lana said instead of what you wanted to put in her mouth.

Edited by Bosque
  • Haha 8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.