Lana on Taylor's success: "She's told me she wants it more than anyone"

Space Cowboy

22 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

What is "artistic" about lana moaning on a melody about a man her dad's age that likes while claw beers ? 

the level of ignorance is alarming :deadbanana:  educate yourself before you talk at least. Lana's latest album touches on topics of death, loss, rape, motherhood, relationships with parents, unfair criticism etc. 

• Like 6

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blumoon

• dirrtydiana

• Badgalbriel

• Taylor fanboy

It's so weird to me that this is what she talks about with her friends. Like does she randomly start talking about how much she wants to be #1 on the charts? Cause I doubt Lana decided to ask her how come she put out 27 variants.

In any case, this is not new information. Her investor dad kept bragging about how much money he had in that email and she's clearly his daughter, a businessperson first and an artist second.

What I don't understand is her fans saying "they love her drive" when they're not partaking in the earnings. What is there to enjoy? Her putting out 10 mid albums a year with no quality control? Being on tour for 2 years when she's a terrible singer and performer? What's there to love about her "drive" unless you're a success stan?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Another day, another hit thread for Taylor made by soggy bottoms. Woo!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

Now we want one album where the obsession is not the charts and the grammys but to make a timeless album again.

puta TV is coming. :WAP:

:ryan3:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

It's so weird to me that this is what she talks about with her friends. Like does she randomly start talking about how much she wants to be #1 on the charts? Cause I doubt Lana decided to ask her how come she put out 27 variants.

In any case, this is not new information. Her investor dad kept bragging about how much money he had in that email and she's clearly his daughter, a businessperson first and an artist second.

What I don't understand is her fans saying "they love her drive" when they're not partaking in the earnings. What is there to enjoy? Her putting out 10 mid albums a year with no quality control? Being on tour for 2 years when she's a terrible singer and performer? What's there to love about her "drive" unless you're a success stan?

Yeah, she starts talking about it completely out of the blue! It's not like both of them are industry artists and this is a topic that pertains their job! It's not like y'all don't talk about your career goals with friends! You want get a promotion? Why the hell would you talk about that with your friend!?!? Your friend would NEVER talk about being promoted in front of you! One of the stupidest thinks I've read here lol 

Edited by Badgalbriel
  • Haha 2

I love Taylor's drive, it's been an inspiration for years

The only thing is that she gotta know where the limit is cause she does go overboard. 

I kind of feel that if she doesn't auto-regulate that it might destroy her career in the near future 

Numbers are not everything and we've seen huge artists in the past with reputation in the toilet.

I think that right now is a good time to slow down and take a break after TTPD and the 2 remaining re-recodings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailor Moon said:

I don't see anything wrong with that? What's wrong with someone wanting to be successful? She works hard and it pays off.

You see soccer players saying that they want to be the best players all the time .. but no one cares about it.

A sport is different. It's literally the goal to win.

Music's goal should be to write what you genuinely feel passionate about and connect with audiences. Not just be #1. 

#1 generally means connecting with audiences so it's understandable to want hits. But Taylor's desperation for numbers and all her tactics shows she doesn't care about genuinely connecting with people. She just sees numbers. She's fine with fans purchasing 10 copies each as long as BB reports it as 10 copies sold. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

one day she won't be popular/as popular anymore, I wonder how she's gonna cope with that then

12 minutes ago, sbenci said:

on a different note I want interviewers to stop asking Lana about Taylor, it's so ******* disrespectful wherever she goes this is the question she's asked :deadbanana4: like she has an album coming out this year and is one of the most impactful artists alive, is that seriously what you need to ask her?

it was literally article about taylor and they reached out to lana for a comment, and she choose to make a comment :coffee2:

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

A sport is different. It's literally the goal to win.

Music's goal should be to write what you genuinely feel passionate about and connect with audiences. Not just be #1. 

#1 generally means connecting with audiences so it's understandable to want hits. But Taylor's desperation for numbers and all her tactics shows she doesn't care about genuinely connecting with people. She just sees numbers. She's fine with fans purchasing 10 copies each as long as BB reports it as 10 copies sold. 

Oh yeah, Taylor Swift doesn't want to connect with people

I've read it all now :ahh:

• Like 4

It is wild to me that chart obsessed pop stans mentally crucify artists they follow if they care about the same things that they do.

Except it actually makes sense that they care, because it is their career. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Yeah, she startes talking about it completely out of the blue! It's not like both of them are industry artists and this is a topic that pertains their job! It's not like y'all don't talk about your career goals with friends! You want get a promotion? Why the hell would you talk about that with your friend!?!? Your friend would NEVER talk bakit being promoted in front of you! 

Lana's quote is "she's told me so many times" which comes across so obsessive and weird, no wonder Lana always looks so uncomfortable around her. Lana looks like the artist to talk about songcraft and life experiences, not how many variants you have to put out to block another artist from #1. To each their own I guess.

As for your edit that it's one of the stupidest "thinks" you have ever read, considering that you have recently reduced a Black woman to nothing beyond the color of her skin and pointed out that the only value she could possibly have is for "woke points", if you're looking for stupidity, I would start by looking in the mirror.

Edited by Jay07
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

35 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

What is "artistic" about lana moaning on a melody about a man her dad's age that likes while claw beers ? 

if you're stuck in 2012 and need help just say that :rip:

OT : wbk but damn can everyone stop asking lana about that lady and start asking actually important questions such as when are you officially announcing the new album ***** ? 

12 minutes ago, sbenci said:

Lana's latest album touches on topics of death, loss, rape, motherhood, relationships with parents, unfair criticism etc. 

Have you listened to a Taylor record?

She touches on most of these things as well in most of her albums.

• Like 2

i wouldn't care if the music was good, but the last 2 albums are complete garbage :gaycat6:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 7:37 AM, Sailor Moon said:

I don't see anything wrong with that? What's wrong with someone wanting to be successful? She works hard and it pays off.

You see soccer players saying that they want to be the best players all the time .. but no one cares about it.

Edited by awesomepossum
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Having that kind of drive for success is an admirable quality, and one I wish more of my faves would have kept through their careers.

But that drive is only admirable when it comes with integrity. Integrity is relative and can mean a lot of things in different contexts. It can be about how you treat the people in the business around you. It can be about the methods you use to chase your success, the things you're willing (or unwilling) to do to get it. It can be about the honesty and quality of the work you produce, whether it stands alone as something valued and timeless or whether it's just something disposable to get you to your next metric. 

In my opinion, the last few years of Taylor's career have demonstrated a worrying lack of integrity. On the wings of her greatest success ever, it feels like her hunger and obsession has grown stronger than ever before, to the point where it has eclipsed everything else and is now the only thing that matters to her. As someone who has been a fan of hers for a long time, it's making me question her as an artist in ways I never expected to and come to some uncomfortable realisations.

Hopefully I'm wrong and just misinterpreting things. But I can't ignore the feeling that an ugly side of her is being dragged further and further into the spotlight with every passing month, and unfortunately if that's true it means the ugliness has probably been there from the beginning, only hidden.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

What I don't understand is her fans saying "they love her drive" when they're not partaking in the earnings.

What does one's share of earnings have to do about admiring another person's drive in their life and career?

I see your drive on Taylor ATRL related threads, which I highly doubt your earning anything from, but I can still applaud you for that drive.

• Haha 4

fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cdn.com%2Fphotos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F002%2F641%2F761%2F582.gif

13 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

This is such a weird take honestly. Music is subjective and just because YOU find her recent output mid and lacking in quality doesn't mean her fans do. Same goes for her live shows, just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean others don't enjoy it. Millions obviously connect with her and her music. That said,  it's easy as a fan to love her drive because that means more music that we can personally connect with. She obviously isn't making music to impress and please haters that already don't see it for her anyways :gaycat6:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Have you listened to a Taylor record?

She touches on most of these things as well in most of her albums.

I didn't say she doesn't, I like Taylor's music a lot, I was just replying to that user's derogatory post towards Lana's artistry, someone who has impacted Taylor a lot - as admitted by herself.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Richie.Valdez said:

More artistic than building a career and fame on the back of her famous body count. 

Which is Lana'a too ??? 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

puta TV is coming. :WAP:

:ryan3:

Rep, timeless???

Reputation is almost more dated than debut, lbr.

13 minutes ago, dman4life said:

This is such a weird take honestly. Music is subjective and just because YOU find her recent output mid and lacking in quality doesn't mean her fans do. Same goes for her live shows, just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean others don't enjoy it. Millions obviously connect with her and her music. That said,  it's easy as a fan to love her drive because that means more music that we can personally connect with. She obviously isn't making music to impress and please haters that already don't see it for her anyways :gaycat6:

The fact that you had to even spell this out... almost more embarrassing than their fave's songwriting credits. Yikes-a-roni!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

one day she won't be popular/as popular anymore, I wonder how she's gonna cope with that then

spacer.png

She's a grown woman, please.

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.