Lana on Taylor's success: "She's told me she wants it more than anyone"

Space Cowboy

3 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

She'll already be the most successful solo artist of all time by then, so I doubt she'll care. Hope that helps! 

Maybe in US. 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blumoon

• dirrtydiana

• Badgalbriel

• Taylor fanboy

Thank God I don't stan just success. I stan talent, good music and vocal range. :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

She'll already be the most successful solo artist of all time by then, so I doubt she'll care. Hope that helps! 

Taylor Swift does not pull more than 50,000 units from her catalog in a year in Germany. It all bows to actual certifications. The 1,500 streams = 1 album unit is kinda insane, especially for her catalog. 

Edited by Aethereal

Thank you Lana for confirming it :khalyan:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aethereal said:

Taylor Swift does not pull more than 50,000 units from her catalog in a year in Germany.

1. Not true. Taylor quite literally had 7 albums in the 2023 year-end top 50 albums in Germany, including 2 in the top 10. How much more do you want her to do?

2. She's been Germany's top Spotify artist almost non-stop since 2022

3. She could be moving zero units in Germany and she'd still double the amount of global units of the nearest competition :michael:

Edited by The Music Industry

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

1. That's not true

2. She's been Germany's top Spotify artist almost non-stop since 2022

3. She could be moving zero units in Germany and she'd still double the amount of global units of the nearest competition :michael:

When it comes to actual title as the "best selling solo artist", nobody cares about CM. People will look forward to actual units provided by countries' music industry. And big markets like UK, Germany, Australia don't follow stupid rules 1500 streams=1 album. While she is big in those countries she is not pulling massive extraordinary numbers compared to Madonna's or even less MJ's reign. Even if her official units in US are continuing to grow big. She will at most pass Madonna.

And we don't even know AM or other streaming services that CM assumes.

Just now, Aethereal said:

When it comes to actual title as the "best selling solo artist", nobody cares about CM. People will look forward to actual units provided by countries' music industry. And big markets like UK, Germany, Australia don't follow stupid rules 1500 streams=1 album. While she is big in those countries she is not pulling massive extraordinary numbers compared to Madonna's or even less MJ's reign. Even if her official units in US are continuing to grow big. She will at most pass Madonna.

And we don't even know AM or other streaming services that CM assumes.

Huh? Taylor factually, already surpassed Madonna's units in North America, Oceania and Asia. By early-ish 2025, she'll undeniably be ahead in total units. Concentrating on very specific markets doesn't help your case, but for the sake of it, let's look at the data for the countries you mentioned. 

Germany 2023 year-end chart - Taylor had 7 albums in the top 50, including 2 in the top 10. 

Australia 2023 year-end chart - Taylor had 10 albums in the top 50, including 5 in the top 10, both #1 and #2 belonging to her. 

UK 2023 year-end chart - Taylor had 9 albums in the top 51, including 5 in the top 15 and 2 in the top 5. 

How exactly is that "not pulling massive extraordinary numbers compared to Madonna"?

:clack:

Just now, The Music Industry said:

Huh? Taylor factually, already surpassed Madonna's units in North America, Oceania and Asia. By early-ish 2025, she'll undeniably be ahead in total units. Concentrating on very specific markets doesn't help your case, but for the sake of it, let's look at the data for the countries you mentioned. 

Germany 2023 year-end chart - Taylor had 7 albums in the top 50, including 2 in the top 10. 

Australia 2023 year-end chart - Taylor had 10 albums in the top 50, including 5 in the top 10, both #1 and #2 belonging to her. 

UK 2023 year-end chart - Taylor had 9 albums in the top 51, including 5 in the top 15 and 2 in the top 5. 

How exactly is that "not pulling massive extraordinary numbers compared to Madonna"?

:clack:

Taylor

1. '1989' - 1,792,380

2. 'RED' - 874,532

3. 'Midnights' - 830,787

4. 'reputation' - 823,579

5. 'Lover' - 726,521

6. 'Fearless' - 718,518

7. 'folklore'  - 692,553

8. 'evermore' - 421,769

9. 'Speak Now' - 416,676

#10 '1989 (Taylor's Version)' - 390,226

Madonna 

The Immaculate Collection -3,900,000 units (more  than Taylor's first top 3 album combined)

True Blue - 2,100,000

Ray Of Light 1,800,000

Like a Virgin - 1,000,000

Like a Prayer - 1,200,000

COADF - 1,200,000

Numerous other huge albums. Same with Germany, Frace, Brazil, Italy etc.

6 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

Taylor

1. '1989' - 1,792,380

2. 'RED' - 874,532

3. 'Midnights' - 830,787

4. 'reputation' - 823,579

5. 'Lover' - 726,521

6. 'Fearless' - 718,518

7. 'folklore'  - 692,553

8. 'evermore' - 421,769

9. 'Speak Now' - 416,676

#10 '1989 (Taylor's Version)' - 390,226

Madonna 

The Immaculate Collection -3,900,000 units (more  than Taylor's first top 3 album combined)

True Blue - 2,100,000

Ray Of Light 1,800,000

Like a Virgin - 1,000,000

Like a Prayer - 1,200,000

COADF - 1,200,000

Numerous other huge albums. Same with Germany, Frace, Brazil, Italy etc.

...Except no one has denied that overall Madonna moved more units in Germany, France, Italy or even the UK, than Taylor. Even in the markets where she is behind Madonna, Taylor is currently at her peak in those markets and slowly catching up. Dominating year-end charts like she's doing almost 2 decades into her career hasn't been seen before. All this doesn't change the fact that Taylor already has moved more units in North America, Oceania and Asia, and that she'll overtake her sometime in early 2025 in total units. Again, I'm not sure why you're trying to fixate on particular (mostly European) markets as if that alone is supposed to prove anything.

57 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

...Except no one has denied that overall Madonna moved more units in Germany, France, Italy or even the UK, than Taylor. Even in the markets where she is behind Madonna, Taylor is currently at her peak in those markets and slowly catching up. Dominating year-end charts like she's doing almost 2 decades into her career hasn't been seen before. All this doesn't change the fact that Taylor already has moved more units in North America, Oceania and Asia, and that she'll overtake her sometime in early 2025 in total units. Again, I'm not sure why you're trying to fixate on particular (mostly European) markets as if that alone is supposed to prove anything.

When you can provide evidence on that base on actual album certifications then we will talk.

When Lana said "money is the anthem of success" Taylor really felt that 

• Haha 3

And she acts as if she were a poet.

Hypocrite.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, The Music Industry said:

stay away from me 

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2024 at 8:37 AM, Sailor Moon said:

I don't see anything wrong with that? What's wrong with someone wanting to be successful? She works hard and it pays off.

You see soccer players saying that they want to be the best players all the time .. but no one cares about it.

Soccer is a sport, sports are supposed to be competitive. 

This comparison makes no sense at all, but at least it shows that most Swifties/Taylor sympathizers have the mindset that music is a corporation before it is a form of art/expression.

Label executives should have that mindset, not the artists.

59 minutes ago, Jooj said:

Soccer is a sport, sports are supposed to be competitive. 

This comparison makes no sense at all, but at least it shows that most Swifties/Taylor sympathizers have the mindset that music is a corporation before it is a form of art/expression.

Label executives should have that mindset, not the artists.

At the end of the day there's always business. Every industry is a form of competition. Sometimes you need to have a certain level of success to do what you want. If you are a D-Lister how can you even propose the idea of having a stadium tour (or to tour at all) or ask for the budget to work with top notch producers like Max Martin? There will just be less and less budget for you to do your art if you keep failing to achieve success, or 'losing' the competition.

And Taylor NEVER says music is a corporation before it is a form of art/expression. Just because she wants success more than anyone else it does NOT mean she says 'I NEVER care about my art/ music is just a tool for me to earn money. Stop this false dichotomy. 

I like that about Taylor, she's ambitious and she doesn't hide it from anyone, sometimes it feels like some people play the "humble" persona thinking it's a shame to brag talent, success, results etc, which is just boring and doesn't do anything.

• Like 4

Well I applaud her for this. Drive is a strong characteristic, and it's so impressive how strong she is. Dealing with **** daily and doesn't let that bring her down is inspirational. 

Tbh I don't care how much I disagree with her tactics, I'll always commend her for her hunger. But there comes a point and time where I feel the charts and numbers no longer matter to one's own career. She has set a precedent for artists past, present, and future that's unheard of and I feel she no longer needs to focus on numbers anymore.

Its unfortunate that she may not see that because her art is "suffering" to an extent from the external validation of streaming numbers and chart success. I wonder what Folklore and Evermore did to her that lead her to this? Cause she was getting sooo much acclaim with those records and with Red (TV) and All Too Well. I really liked the trajectory she was going for too! :deadbanana2:

i wish my favs had half her drive :chick3: i dont see the problem 

we love an artist with a passion for his/her own career.

Not everyone have that 

And the THOTS in here trying to make this a bad thing is so funny.

LAst month you said TTPD is hard to digest and only for Swifties and now you said she make palate cleanser music  like pick one narrative

she should focus on quality albums instead of stinking up the entire charts with her fartsy 30 track albums... gosh... someone bring a deodorant real quick

• Haha 1

Why is this eleven pages long? Is it a bunch of swifties calling Lana a traitor?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be successful, but the criticism comes more from her being obsessed about it :rip: 

It gets to a point where you're already dominating and the top pop star in the world, and you're still pulling tactics to remain at #1 and block another artist's album. 

Like what more do you want? :skull: 

• Like 2

On 6/7/2024 at 4:32 AM, k4rmabutterfly said:

Interesting… I wonder why she's so obsessed and wants more than anyone else tho, there must be a reason since she is rich for life and has nothing else to prove. Seems like her parents were always very success driven too, so maybe it's a family thing :flower2:

must be to compensate for her ego

it must be insecurity too when she was younger or those who hurt her

the drive she has is really admirable especially she deserves the success over the least talented and just rude stars

but most of the time lately, j her album be releasing new version with just a new version of a song and fans wonder why it is dragged by others lol

On 6/7/2024 at 1:27 PM, Meev said:

I feel that Atrl, just like Australians, glorify laziness and lack of effort and ambition. No wonder their faves are flopping :giraffe:

Ntm on the 16 in the middle of miami songstress

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.