Lana on Taylor's success: "She's told me she wants it more than anyone"

Space Cowboy

9 hours ago, SylMacPer said:

pressed OTHs take her drive as "obsession".

If it was male artist you wouldn't even bother making a thread.

If it was your flop favs you'd be praising them!

Tbh no, I think we'd be dragging them too.  No shade to Taylor tho I mean she and Ed Sheeran have a lot in common with their chart obsession and insecurities of never being successful enough.  I think it becomes annoying when it's so overly transparent that she just uses her base like a cattle farm where I sort of get turned off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blumoon

• dirrtydiana

• Badgalbriel

• Taylor fanboy

I have nothing against her wanting to be the most successful, but she needs work more on the quality of her albums. Folklore and Evermore solidified the GP perception of her as a talented artist/songwriter, but Midnights and TTPD has diminished that perception a bit , and if she keeps putting out the later kind of albums, it won't help her legacy in the long run. MJ, Madonna, Prince , Mariah are not great just because they are  commercially successful, but also for their quality/revolutionary albums.

• Like 1

I see a lot of people praising "ambition" yet the same people were melting down when Scooter Braun made an ambitious and completely legal business decision.. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, chaklux said:

I have nothing against her wanting to be the most successful, but she needs work more on the quality of her albums. Folklore and Evermore solidified the GP perception of her as a talented artist/songwriter, but Midnights and TTPD has diminished that perception a bit , and if she keeps putting out the later kind of albums, it won't help her legacy in the long run. MJ, Madonna, Prince , Mariah are not great just because they are  commercially successful, but also for their quality/revolutionary albums.

TTPD was has been the album/era that has been damaging her reputation, Midnights is mediocre but she was in an uphill trajectory 

The album is no bad(imo), just super bloated and she basically put tracks that were supposed to stay as demos

31 tracks, 30+ variants kind of turned a lof of people off

Most swifties are in denial of what she's doing right now will damage her image in the long run

But also if she takes a long break and TS12 and 13 are like Folklore and Evermore with less money hungry tactics and more quality tracks her legacy can bounce back no problem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hurem said:

Gaga hasn't made any kind of album in years, let's start with that

So, we're going to pretend that the turds that she shat out in the last decade didn't happen?

Well, okay.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, CovalentBondage said:

Katy, lana, and halsey are not mpg lol none of these girls can hold a note. 

Dua has her brit performance for DSN

Kelly has piece by piece on American Idol. Also every kellyoke. 

Doja has Coachella 

SZA I don't know, does she even perform live?

Billie maybe SNL bad guy at the very last. 

Literally none of these are iconic :rip: 

-

Anyway, this was pretty obvious. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, SylMacPer said:

we took down Ed Sheeran and we will not sleep until we take this CEO down either! fair game! 

12 hours ago, Kern said:

this is kind of a hole that is never filled

Typical ATRLer tease :gaycat1:

2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

So my point is proven :clap3:

Nope hardly iconic hence the quotes :toofunny3:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Not people being mad at her for having career ambition :bibliahh: Would you get mad if Lebron James, Lionel Messi, or any athlete said they wanted to be the best ever? I admire her ambition.

These people are actually working extremely hard though… we need to stop praising white privileged, greedy ass billionaires and minimal effort with mediocre output.

It has nothing to do with "anti-capitalism" like that stan claimed.

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

13 hours ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

trust me, all your faves wished they had her stardom but they're too lazy to do something about it.

a woman wanting to be successful is not and will never be a drag

she works so hard and it's paying off :clap3:

Sorry but why do people auto call flops lazy? Like how do u know how busy they are or aren't? Just because an artist doesn't release 100 songs in a year doesn't make them lazy

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Into The Void said:

Sorry but why do people auto call flops lazy? Like how do u know how busy they are or aren't? Just because an artist doesn't release 100 songs in a year doesn't make them lazy

Let them be. In their minds, Taylor is a saint and perfect. But the truth is she is eco-terrorist, success obsessed, serial dater with the most basic pop music out there.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

She's the Marc Zuckerberg of pop 

• Haha 5

If those millions of variants and the countless attempts to trample over other female artists in the industry to keep that spotlight on herself wasn't enough to know this, then maybe Lana saying this will finally clarify it for everyone. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, CovalentBondage said:

It still shocks me that she has ZERO iconic performances lol 

This lie. Her Brit Awards 2013 performance was iconic and had like 40 million views before it got taken down in 2015. :toofunny3:

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, dussel_06 said:

What kind of logic is this? Does my understanding of english really that bad?

Producing more work doesn't mean not "working hard"? What has quality have to do with it? Taylor has been hustling all her life since she was 13 years old promoting her music, writing her own music, ass-kissing radio djs, label staff, etc… Actually promoting her music and has done more tours more than anyone from her peers. And talking about quality, you listing artists with much much less acclaim music than hers. Like…..

Your English is fine, but ya might wanna check your hearing if you agree with those critics… especially with the output after 1989. And yes she promoted the hell out of her work before the streaming era and the results were not the same then and Britney and Beyoncé have been working and being the family bread winners since they were toddlers so all that is redundant.

and I don't know how else to say it. She does not work hard, she just stays at work longer. It's that simple.

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:33 PM, SylMacPer said:

Lol Ed Sheeran was literally dragged on this forum for being chart obsessed 

Such an inspiration 😍

Posted (edited)

Maybe if she was as driven on delivering good music and pushing boundaries and improving as a songwriter and singer instead of selling as much as possible her last album wouldn't have been panned.

Edited by Shinning

It will never stop being funny how ATRLers come for Taylor being openly driven to find success when they constantly whine about their faves not caring enough :suburban:

10 page for this and still going :bibliahh:

21 hours ago, Jay07 said:

Hm, not really. I can't think of any MPG that has such a single minded obsession with charts since probably peak era Katy. All the others have made moves that hampered their commercial prospects in the name of art. Gaga released Born this Way and alienated her straight audience. Beyonce could keep releasing Sasha Fierces but she released 4 at the height of the dance pop craze. Ariana won't even tour when that's where the money is and disappeared for 4 years to film a movie musical. There's only one person that is obsessed with becoming richer, no matter what. That's why I said it's so weird to see people stan greedy billionaires. But charts not the arts I guess.

This.

There's a difference between wanting your work to be successful and creating art for the purpose of accruing records and sales. Taylor has clearly veered into doing the latter with Midnights / TTPD, and the quality and authenticity have suffered because of it.

If you like it, that's fine, but some of her stans need to stop pretending like she's still some grassroots 'girl next door' singer-songwriter whose success is completely authentic. 

On 6/7/2024 at 7:37 AM, Sailor Moon said:

I don't see anything wrong with that? What's wrong with someone wanting to be successful? She works hard and it pays off.

You see soccer players saying that they want to be the best players all the time .. but no one cares about it.

Right... I genuinely don't understand why whenever female artists are ambitious and aren't afraid of saying it they get dragged and called obsessed, as if it's this terrible thing :skull:

On 6/7/2024 at 9:23 AM, Luckitty said:

one day she won't be popular/as popular anymore, I wonder how she's gonna cope with that then

She'll already be the most successful solo artist of all time by then, so I doubt she'll care. Hope that helps! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.