Billie Eilish - 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT'

ChapelHooker

1 hour ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Yeah Billie is getting torn to shreds on r/popheads from a very obvious swiftie brigade. This might single-handedly knock down her commercial success down the line if it leads to a hate train over "hypocrisy".

Meanwhile she's #1 on Spotify global :lmao: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dalladallamallamalla

• whatyouwant_

• wish

• dreww

Global: 51 862 605 (+1 103 364) [+2 %]

+3

LUNCH

9 933 620

+ 1 109 194

=

CHIHIRO

8 011 152

+ 98 450

+2

BIRDS OF A FEATHER

7 127 566

+ 735 917

=

WILDFLOWER

4 360 869

-          113 911

BLUE

4 358 998

-          129 770

SKINNY  

4 069 120

-          46 434

L'AMOUR DE MA VIE

3 932 140

-          114 759

THE GREATEST

3 792 506

-          170 969

THE DINER

3 252 282

-          103 478

BITTERSUITE

3 024 352

-          160 876

• Like 8

Just now, Gaia said:

Meanwhile she's #1 on Spotify global :lmao: 

Don't end me like that. It was just very disheartening to see how much popularity absolutely ~bashing~ her for every thing she has been saying/doing was on that thread. I put in a request w/ the mods to clean it up because they are saying fake news left and right.

OT: She is still outsmashing expectations and a certain fanbase is not happy. I wonder if she really can challenge for the #1 spot

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It will actually do the opposite. She will absolutely be seen as the "underdog" in this situation and the blonde girl downright looks like a success obsessed bully being a woman in her 30s trying to knock down someone who is still in her early 20s. I have seen absolutely nothing but love for the entire album on tiktok and instagram. Trust the only people "bashing" her or criticizing her are that specific fanbase. Let them foam at the mouth over a random week at #1 for their fave. 

Good points - thanks for making me feel better about it. Just want Billie to get positive recognition for very much a break-through pop record in the modern era. Even I wasn't prepared to defend this thing as much as I am.

Edited by dalladallamallamalla

#that fandom will hold on to the autoplay "argument" for dear life :suburban:

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, My20sBlues said:

#that fandom will hold on to the autoplay "argument" for dear life :suburban:

they know the mechanics the best :suburban:

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

TBH.... 349.999 vs 350.000 is good enough for me at this point.

I would just love Billie winning this SO BAD!!

Just for the shake in the Swifties arrogance and treatment over the rest of the fanbases. Ugh they are simply insufferable

Edited by zzmyth
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Good points - thanks for making me feel better about it. Just want Billie to get positive recognition for very much a break-through pop record in the modern era. Even I wasn't prepared to defend this thing as much as I am.

After the HUGE hate train before the HTE release and lukewarm success compared to DSAM and WWFA, this is just so amazing to witness. Universal acclaim and love for her :heart2: The longer break and WWIMF are exactly what she needed. Then coming back with a full 10/10 album really set things in motion. She is reposting so many videos on TikTok so we all know she's seeing all the love she's getting and that makes me happy since I just know she wasn't in the best place after all the hate during HTE.

I'm so happy and proud as a stan! I hope no one feeds bad/sad about BB200. It's so irrelevant long term.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Some interesting comparisons. I kind of want to see the US numbers for the week total. I am starting to be delusional and think that her team recognizes they can fight for #1.

• Like 3

Increasing on the 6th day, uh Billie don't make that SERVE:jonnycat:

• Like 5

This album is truly MASSIVE. I knew Billie's music had excellent longevity, but this level of stability is something I've never quite seen before. :jonny5:

• Like 5

Billie's numbers are phenomenal, this competition is doing wonders for her. :jonny3:

I have hope and faith that she'll get the #1, honestly.

• Like 2

Just now, PoisonedIvy said:

Billie's numbers are phenomenal, this competition is doing wonders for her. :jonny3:

A swiftie with good manners and being polite to other fanbases? who knew!!

Thanks for this, let's hope your peers learn to treat the rest the same way

8 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Weren't you in the other thread talking smack about Billie's team trying to push sales like, literally yesterday?

6 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

A swiftie with good manners and being polite to other fanbases? who knew!!

Thanks for this, let's hope your peers learn to treat the rest the same way

I know there's a lot of people fanning the flames but most of us, even in base, are enjoying both albums. The competition doesn't phase us nor are we even really rooting "against" Billie, we actually just want everyone to see that artists promoting their work brings more attention to it, and it's what they deserve. Especially with a masterpiece like HMHAS :jonny:

• Like 2

Just now, dalladallamallamalla said:

Weren't you in the other thread talking smack about Billie's team trying to push sales like, literally yesterday?

No, I wasn't. All of my posts, in this thread and others, have been positive towards Billie, encouraging the competition between both, and actively enjoying the music. My post history speaks for itself. I've got about 7 posts in this thread over the past few days with nothing but love and positivity. 

• Like 6

3 tracks still in the top10 on Spotify Global a week later this smash album :clap3:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

It will actually do the opposite. She will absolutely be seen as the "underdog" in this situation and the blonde girl downright looks like a success obsessed bully being a woman in her 30s trying to knock down someone who is still in her early 20s. I have seen absolutely nothing but love for the entire album on tiktok and instagram. Trust the only people "bashing" her or criticizing her are that specific fanbase. Let them foam at the mouth over a random week at #1 for their fave. Billie is winning in acclaim and GP success whether or not that fanbase tries to manufacture drama or not.

Exactly. Even HDD was shading her for her antics trying to block Billie during her release week after being #1 for 4 weeks and breaking almost every possible record left.

Even if Billie still finishes at #2 she still won this week.

• Like 3

By the way, BIRDS OF A FEATHER getting a new peak and it's is now her second biggest song in the US passing CHIHIRO  :eek: 

1 minute ago, Green said:

By the way, BIRDS OF A FEATHER getting a new peak and it's is now her second biggest song in the US passing CHIHIRO  :eek: 

I think the 3 songs are the hits in the album and all of them 3 can have a great moment with good releases and promo

2 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

I think the 3 songs are the hits in the album and all of them 3 can have a great moment with good releases and promo

Yeah timing will be key here!!

5 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

No, I wasn't. All of my posts, in this thread and others, have been positive towards Billie, encouraging the competition between both, and actively enjoying the music. My post history speaks for itself. I've got about 7 posts in this thread over the past few days with nothing but love and positivity. 

My apologies then. Thanks for being supportive. I'm working on it myself because truthfully, I used to be a decent sized Taylor fan. Folklore is still a go to album for me to this day.

With rankings for anyone who cares. At this point, I'm no longer sure what's going to happen with Billboard 100 or 200 :chick2:

2 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Yeah timing will be key here!!

My apologies then. Thanks for being supportive. I'm working on it myself because truthfully, I used to be a decent sized Taylor fan. Folklore is still a go to album for me to this day.

It's ok, this site can really turn a lot of people into animals, but I try my best to keep my head above water and show everyone we can treat each other with respect. It's music, it's pop culture, it's supposed to be fun. The toxicity, on both ends, is draining and unnecessary. :hug: I'm glad you enjoy folklore. I mentioned it a couple days ago but HMHAS has joined folklore, NFR, and Melodrama in the "modern music masterpieces" category of my mind. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Her numbers would be as big even if it wasn't for "competition". It's very weird that Swifties chose that to be the buzz word to run around with because it makes me wonder if you care for the music at all, or is it just about the numbers?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.