Pitchfork: HIT ME HARD AND SOFT: 6.8

Kanes

Um no, this is the time they should be kissing ass and we would let it slide, cuz Billie's album is legit good. :dies: I guess the rumors going around that PF people are so pretentious and miserable AF is true :deadbanana2:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pop Fan

• Blackout2006

• on the line

• John Slayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how when Taylor fans were saying she deserved at least a 7, the response was "oh she deserved lower, this is a generous score, blah blah blah" and everyone was praising Pitchfork. Now that Billie has scored below 7, I see some of the same people saying how Pitchfork is in the wrong and their rating isn't right.. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

They gave Ariana 7.2 which is fairly low as well :rip: 

7.2 is not "fairly low" score. Not even in academic/school system that bases scores on objective knowledge/expertise and especially not in critics' journalism that also employs subjective stances/tastes in regards to matter that is being scored. 

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

They're ain't **** for giving it that score but w.e.

I'm sorry but :ahh:

This album doesn't deserve anything less than a 8.0 but to see the eggshells on everyone's face after that 50-page TTPD thread :ahh:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, on the line said:

The irony being every album but Beyoncé's are the ones being streamed and purchased.

A lot of indie albums are not commercial though if you know what I mean. Not saying Beyoncé is an Indie artist though, but she's becoming less and less mainstream over the years. 

• Haha 2

Ngl I feel like every review nowadays are kneejerk reactions, it definitely has happened to me before. Maybe used to few good albums in a sea of moderate ones. That being said, the highest I'd give this album is 7, only saved 3 songs to listen later on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, on the line said:

The irony being every album but Beyoncé's are the ones being streamed and purchased.

Well sometimes that's what happens when you deliver QUALITY. Don't compare what those girls do to what Beyoncé does. Beyoncé is an A.R.T.I.S.T.

• Like 1

oh how the tables turn :coffee:

They have trash taste.

16 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Well sometimes that's what happens when you deliver QUALITY. Don't compare what those girls do to what Beyoncé does. Beyoncé is an A.R.T.I.S.T.

Why do you drag Billie and praise Beyonce like that when out of those two, Billie is the one who actually writes the songs on her album :lmao: 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

The Taylor cheque cleared :clap3:

Edited by ericcartman

1 hour ago, Mezik said:

Interesting how when Taylor fans were saying she deserved at least a 7, the response was "oh she deserved lower, this is a generous score, blah blah blah" and everyone was praising Pitchfork. Now that Billie has scored below 7, I see some of the same people saying how Pitchfork is in the wrong and their rating isn't right.. :laugh:

You cannot equate both these situations without sounding disingenuous 

they're so boring. if you wanna drag at least give the album a 3 or something... it feels like they give 6.something to every mainstream album nowadays, it's almost like they don't actually have an opinion on it 🙄

this definitely deserves *at least* an 8

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

6.8 is not terribly far off from what I'd give it. I'd probably give it a 7 or 7.5 just based on how lush and well produced it all sounds. It's great quality - both sonically and lyrically - and her vocals are lovely but I don't think there are many standouts. And I think that's ok, not every album is trying to accomplish that. I do think it's better than HTE while still staying true to her sound. It's so impressive that at only 22, she has such a good discog.

Edited by KingBeyonce.

Posted (edited)

Even if you do not like the album, it still doesn't make sense to give HMHAS a 6.8. Subjective opinions are different ofc and you can rate it as low as you want, but I thought critics are supposed to give scores from the most objective angle? In that light, the production and vocals alone feel underrepresented by such a score. Theneedledrop is hard to satisfy and he gave it a 7 so why does Pitchfork insist on 6.8? It's giving edgy wannabe

Edited by Blackout2006
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, ericcartman said:

The Taylor cheque cleared :clap3:

Exactly. :clap3:

2 hours ago, on the line said:

Gurl, nobody is claiming every shitty album Selena Gomez puts out is AOTY and deserves inflated PF ratings. 

What a weird comparison. 

When she invests in the studio, Selena makes great music. So pressed

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

You cannot equate both these situations without sounding disingenuous 

I'm not being disingenuous at all. This website has a tendency to drag certain artists and believing they deserve the lowest scores possible (there were folks on here saying TTPD deserved the 38/100, and let's be real - there's no dimension on this planet it's an album as bad as any J Lo album), while simultaneously believing every album their favourite artist releases is easily a 10/10 perfect album and anything not a 10/10 is undeserved - case in point, the people freaking out about Billie getting a 6.8/10 from Pitchfork.

It's always funny to me the hypocrisy on here, that's all.

Y'all species need to stop bringing up Beyonce. Cowboy carter was a great album and deserves the high score.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mezik said:

I'm not being disingenuous at all. This website has a tendency to drag certain artists and believing they deserve the lowest scores possible (there were folks on here saying TTPD deserved the 38/100, and let's be real - there's no dimension on this planet it's an album as bad as any J Lo album), while simultaneously believing every album their favourite artist releases is easily a 10/10 perfect album and anything not a 10/10 is undeserved - case in point, the people freaking out about Billie getting a 6.8/10 from Pitchfork.

It's always funny to me the hypocrisy on here, that's all.

They stan Billie so It's not really surprising they are acting like hypocrites. They learned from the best.

2 hours ago, Shinning said:

The only thing Beyonce delivers is paychecks* to the 1000s of creatives who write and produce her music to manipulate her fans into thinking she is an A.R.T.I.S.T.

*sometimes only bc she is sued for stealing beatz

The album only has one good song so I'm not surprised

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.