• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pop Fan

• Blackout2006

• on the line

• John Slayne

Top Posters In This Topic

This album is mostly carried by Finneas production. Take away the production and you're left with nothing.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 9

1 hour ago, conquxror said:

When GQ took over Pitchfork everyone thought they would become nicer, but ever since I feel like they got meaner for some reason :rip:

i remember seeing a take that said they would likely lean back into their old indie bro identity cos it was seen as more profitable by conde nast. i do wonder about this a bit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pop Fan said:

NFR is NOT a sneak

how sure r u im talking of NFR?

Posted (edited)

The score is unfair. This album FOR SURE deserved more than 7 at the very least, even for Pitchfork! 

But facts were spilled during the review as a whole. Its captivating, 100% has good taste on it but it can somewhat gets tiring. Exactly how they described it. 

Anyway, love the album and i don't know how this review didn't get them at least a 7, it's not even that negative. 

Edited by Selegend
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, Pop Fan said:

This album is mostly carried by Finneas production. Take away the production and you're left with nothing.

Hard disagree.. this album's most beautiful and interesting parts are carried by Billie's lyrics and vocals. If anything, Finneas' production holds this album back from being innovative.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, @michael said:

GIPVXypbIAAaMTG.jpg

Literally

Pitchfork is incredibly unserious atp. Like, sure, whatever you say buddy

While I don't think this album is as strong as some people are trying to claim, this score is way too low. I would have given it a 7.5 at least

Seems like Pitchfork is pissed off in 2024 and will trash any mainstream female artist not named Beyonce 

• Like 4

Idk about this score but Birds of a Feather is THAT SONG :jonny6:

• Like 1

Still too high a score. It's too noisy for me. I just want some fun pop bops for the summer. This album is taking itself too seriously to be fun. Not my vibe.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

4 minutes ago, 4th Time Around said:

Seems like Pitchfork is pissed off in 2024 and will trash any mainstream female artist not named Beyonce 

The irony being every album but Beyoncé's are the ones being streamed and purchased.

• Haha 1

I KINDA agree with them about the album being a little repetitive. As I said in another thread: I think this is a beautiful album and the production is amazing but I don't feel like listening to it again like other albums. Maybe it was not for me idk :celestial5:

L'Amour De Ma Vie is still one of the best songs released this year though.

10 minutes ago, 4th Time Around said:

While I don't think this album is as strong as some people are trying to claim, this score is way too low. I would have given it a 7.5 at least

Completely agree with this :siptea:

• Like 1

eDgY

7 minutes ago, on the line said:

The irony being every album but Beyoncé's are the ones being streamed and purchased.

Not a fan of Cowboy Carter, but your comment is irrelevant. Streams and purchases do not mean an album is good obviously 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

how sure r u im talking of NFR?

Yeah, you were obviously talking about Melodrama. Will OLHs ever leave her alone? :'(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Not a fan of Cowboy Carter, but your comment is irrelevant. Streams and purchases do not mean an album is good obviously 

You're right. Albums that are good I keep in a locked vault under my bed and just think about them instead. That's so much more satisfying. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, on the line said:

You're right. Albums that are good I keep in a locked vault under my bed and just think about them instead. That's so much more satisfying. 

Selena Gomez is not a better actor than Cate Blanchett nor a better singer than Beyonce just because she has more followers than them

• Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Selena Gomez is not a better actor than Cate Blanchett nor a better singer than Beyonce just because she has more followers than them

Gurl, nobody is claiming every shitty album Selena Gomez puts out is AOTY and deserves inflated PF ratings. 

What a weird comparison. 

• Thumbs Down 2

So do we care about pitchfork or not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mandalore said:

The art critic is obsolete in this day and age I'm sorry, but that's another conversation.

This day and age? It's always been like that!

Music critics can serve as guidance when you're first discovering music and forming your own taste. But at some point you gotta be able to have your own discernment. Some of the people in this forum look a damn fool placing so much weight of so-called acclaim

• Like 1

So they are back to being pretentious and bashing pop records? It is much better than Taylor's album for sure and doesn't deserve a 6

1 hour ago, makeawish said:

i remember seeing a take that said they would likely lean back into their old indie bro identity cos it was seen as more profitable by conde nast. i do wonder about this a bit

Not only that, giving Beyonce's country album a good score while giving Billie and Taylor a low score is definitely giving them hate engagement which is good for business in this era of the algorithm. They know exactly what they're doing

• Like 1

P*tchfork trying to be edgy and contrarian, what a surprise

Britney The Zone GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

24 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Yeah, you were obviously talking about Melodrama. Will OLHs ever leave her alone? :'(

i'd never disrespect Melodrama 😪 I love Folklore lol, just wanted to troll 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.