• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pop Fan

• Blackout2006

• on the line

• John Slayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they even listen to the same album?

Can the basement that they run pitchfork out of collapse already? I'm so tired of them.

• Haha 1

Y'all really need to place less weight in the reviews of this publication :rogue:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:

We believe the bigger (actual) Artist.

he's still bitter about the 2.5 for Nine Track Mind I fear

B0F0BF9F-2460-43EF-8370-60E3C9AFA859.thu

We need to call Halsey in here

13 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Nnn they really want to make stans mad this year. Taylor, Dua, now Billie :toofunny3:

They gave Ariana 7.2 which is fairly low as well :rip: 

When GQ took over Pitchfork everyone thought they would become nicer, but ever since I feel like they got meaner for some reason :rip:

I honestly don't love the album like some of you guys, but I think it deserves at least a 7.

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of the album. It's a good album , It has its highs but fell flat for me in some areas. I would have given it a 7 at least though 

• Like 2

This is why they're now jobless :clap3:

Only .2 better than Radical Optimism? Ok… :gaycat5: :gayalipacat5:

Should have added a 0.2 to give it a round 7, but this is the closest sensible review of the album I've seen so far. The 8s, 9s and perfect scores are ridiculous for something with like2 highlights.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Their review actually makes sense and justifies the score ngl :cm: poptism is offcially over :fan:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Likingstars said:

Their review actually makes sense and justifies the score ngl :cm: poptism is offcially over :fan:

This is like one of the rare moments where a pitchfork review is mainly about the album and not the artists personal life or public standing

5 minutes ago, Khal said:

The 8s, 9s and perfect scores are ridiculous for something with like2 highlights.

Completely agreed. Critics are becoming more and more hysterical as the years go by. That one who compared this album with Joni's Blue ?????

• Like 2

I'll be honest… yeah, I'm not getting the hype either so this score feels deserved.

I really, really enjoyed Happier Than Ever so this LP feels like a downgrade.

There's some really fantastic moments, particularly in regards to the production switch-ups but there's not a single song here which trumps Billie's best offerings on her last two projects.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

they panning all the girls except Shakira with her 7.0 :ahh:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2

TTPD really set them off, huh? Almost as much as Radical Optimism :clap:

Poptimism is really over...Bring in the lassos and cowboy boots!

Thank you Pitchfork. This praise was getting out of hand. It's a solid album but it's not nearly as good as NFR, Melodrama or folklore. It's a crime to compare HMHAS to those actual masterpieces.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

I love the fact that thee Pitchfork thinks that Midnights is a better album than HMHAS (rightfully so cuz it is).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, Pop Fan said:

Thank you Pitchfork. This praise was getting out of hand. It's a solid album but it's not nearly as good as NFR, Melodrama or folklore. It's a crime to compare HMHAS to those actual masterpieces.

The sneak in dfklmlkvdmkls :rip:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

I'll be honest… yeah, I'm not getting the hype either so this score feels deserved.

I really, really enjoyed Happier Than Ever so this LP feels like a downgrade.

There's some really fantastic moments, particularly in regards to the production switch-ups but there's not a single song here which trumps Billie's best offerings on her last two projects.

This album is the definition of STYLE over SUBSTANCE. Sonically it's impressive but that's it. There isn't anything special or profound on it especially lyrically and thematically. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Grammys are removing Billie's name from the "Album of The Year" trophy as we speak 💀

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

I agree with the rating tbh. I love Billie, but this album is melodically and lyrically very drab in comparison to her past works. However, in terms of production, it’s easily her best.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.