Is Finneas a better producer than Jack Antonoff?

Diesel is Desire

Finneas vs Jack Antonoff  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Is Finneas a better producer than Jack Antonoff?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTewCK-JqRh0VsGIAzB_P

Finneas is still producing fresh full projects with Billie Eilish.

The two albums that Jack has worked on in full with Taylor Swift (Midnights/TTPD, standard editions) are not Taylor's best work.

Is Finneas a better producer than Jack Antonoff?

• Like 2

you answered ur own question in the op

• Haha 3

• ATRL Moderator

Jack Antonoff works with more collaborators than FINNEAS so this isn’t a fair comparison imo. We’re all used to his style because it’s relatively overexposed. FINNEAS is going to sound more fresh when we’ve heard less content from him. So, yes, the production on Billie’s latest album is more fresh than any recent Antonoff project. But that’s not a good reason to dunk on his overall talents when he’s given us Melodrama and Norman F***ing Rockwell. 

• Thanks 8

yes and by MILES, Finneas could do Melodrama/NFR/etc but Jack could never do HMHAS

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

As much as I think Midnights and TTPD are Taylor's weakest albums, production - although hugely important - is not the only factor of an amazing album

Jack Antonoff did produce Melodrama, NFR, Masseduction, Daddy's Home, Sling, and more, and those records sound fantastic

Finneas didn't yet produce that many albums. One thing I can say about him is that his skillset is growing exponentially with Billie's every release

• Like 1

Did Finneas produce Melodrama? 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I love Jack's work with Lana. It suits her freestyle type of delivery. He did some good productions for Lorde and Taylor as well, but Taylor needs to drop him asap because the last album's productions are dragging down an otherwise good album. Finneas is technically more skilled and experimental as a producer tho. He's very creative at utilising unusual objects and sounds into their work. Jack and his programmed drums can't relate. 

• Like 1

Finneas is as good as an artist pushes him, example Ocean Under Tunnel Blvd

4 minutes ago, sneakyishere said:

Did Finneas produce Melodrama? 

Yawn… Finneas could easily make that but Jack can't do what Finneas can.

Definitely not. I realize it's trendy to hate Taylor right now by the lesser fan bases, but 1) never really liked any of Billie's music and 2) he gives me the creeps like he's a little too into his sister. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, on the line said:

I realize it's trendy to hate Taylor right now by the lesser fan bases

Y'all are INSANE :deadbanana2:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Both of them are basic

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, on the line said:

Definitely not. I realize it's trendy to hate Taylor right now by the lesser fan bases, but 1) never really liked any of Billie's music and 2) he gives me the creeps like he's a little too into his sister. 

you sound like an idiot beyond the keyboard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Y'all are INSANE :deadbanana2:

I mean, sure, but it's still an accurate statement so please stay on topic.

Those in the industry have given Jack the Producer of the Year award the last two years in a row, while those who stan flops stay pounding their keyboard like it's their fleshlight from Amazon.

• Haha 2

Yes. Also Billie is waaaaaay more talented than Taylor as well.

• Confused 1

Yes, Finneas is a much better, versatile and talented producer.

Both are talented but I feel like Jack tends to reuse his sounds way too much, I know he works with so many artists so that's bound to happen but it's happening more and more with the same artists.

is the sky blue

• Like 2

judging their last outputs (HMHAS vs. PTSD) I'd say Finneas is currently making better music. but despite me being an OJAH, i can never take away the masterpiece that was melodrama and NFR, which were produced by him for the most part.

His versatility is just insane.. I kept hoping Billie just starts working with others, but there is low key no need, because of how much Finneas can do by himself :deadbanana: Hack knows how to use 2 synth patterns and reverb

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I don't think people understand how much work Finnease has to put in in order for you to not fall asleep after listening to Billie for more than 30 seconds. He's lowkey a genuis considering how his sister is one of, if not the most monotonous singer out there yet Billies new album sounds soo crisp, catchy, melodic, fresh and such a great sonic experience to listen to! 

Edited by Kh-Loud
  • Like 3

I am the first one to hate on Jack these days

but he has great work with several artists..

while Finneas' great stuff are mostly with Billie (all great tbh)

both great tho

but maybe both should work with other artists now

ugh yeas I can't stand Jack's productions in songs like I Can Do It With A Broken Heart, Bejeweled, Mastermind, etc. He needs to switch that up quick. :rainy:

• Like 1

Anyone is better than Jack atm

But if Finneas worked with more people you will see he also uses the same tricks again and again

Jack is a much more skilled producer & it's irritating to even see this up for debate. I remember reading Finneas piece in SoundonSound mag in 2019 & being gagged by how amateur everything was. You may like his output more but he's not as talented, period

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.