Cardi B says she's not voting in the next election: "I don't f— with both of y'all"

fijitears

12 minutes ago, Communion said:

Biden is literally pushing for Congress to act

Why lie?

We all know what a Democratic Congress will support versus what a Republican Congress are offering are two different things.

• One border bill that passed the Republican House, Dems are not even touching.
  • Another bill which is supposed to be the "compromise" has no Republican support in the Senate.

Neither are getting passed. We know this for a fact.

So Biden "pushing" that compromise bill is a political maneuver to offload Democrats MOST toxic issue onto Republicans and Donald Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBeyoncé

• Communion

• Kassi

• ForgottenSoul

4 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Why lie?

It really costs zero dollars for you to not carry water for fascism just because it had a "D" next to its name.

This is Biden copying Trump's policies. This is not a lesser evil.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ForgottenSoul said:

Trump is way more on Israel's side and he moved the American embassy in Israel which caused a lot of issues or did you not know that? 

I dont think Joe is committing genocide either like what? 

You know what lets wait and see when Trump wins how he supports Israel to actually show what supporting genocide is. 

Well, I care less about what you think and more about what experts on the subject think.  So far there is a case against Israel in the international court of justice on the matter.  

I guess it remains to be seen what the Trump presidency's effect on the ongoing genocide will be.  At the rate people like you bury your heads in the sand and ignore issues like this, I'm thinking it's likely we will find out.  

22 hours ago, Orsay said:

? The genocide didn't begin with Biden, Trump is exactly as complicit as Biden is, along with every other US president since 1948

anyway I'm voting for Biden. But I do think Trump will probably win and we're all going to be extra ****** and everything's gonna burn down which is what yall seem to want.

I was planning on voting for Biden until around last December.  Honestly, if the U.S. cannot have an anti-genocide candidate, everything going to shlt is what we deserve.  

12 hours ago, for lovers said:

Israel have been committing genocide for decades, and have been propped up by every single US President in doing so. It's pointless comparing presidents in this way.

Over 75% of the Palestinians killed in my lifetime during this conflict have been killed in the last 8 months.  It's a bit obtuse to say this is exactly the same situation as under prior years.  

But sure, I'll concede to your argument that both parties have been pro-genocide for decades.  Now my question is: as someone who is morally against genocide, why should I vote for a pro-genocide candidate?  

She is totally right for this :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kassi said:

No, you're not. You're taking intellectual shortcuts to reach a conclusion that fits your pre-existing anti-Biden narrative. In other words, you're showing your own confirmation bias.

Just one comment ago, you said:

"[It] has yet to be demonstrated if Trump would even support Israel to the same extent (if at all)."

However, before Congress passed the supplemental Israel package last month, the arms agreement that Biden was working with was signed by Trump in 2017. Trump also moved the US-Israel embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, stopped funding Palestinian aid, and more recently, he and his party have been adamant about Israel needing to "finish the job" in Gaza.

What else would you need to know?

You're the one jumping to conclusions. Not being gung ho about Biden =/= anti biden. Trump is not the better alternative overall and I never postured him to be the better candidate as a result. The only issue is that Biden is overall similarly as bad.

The context of me saying him supporting Israel would be about funding the war specifically, not just about having amicable ties to Israel and siding with them politically. You also are leaving out bits of what he said because he specifically has said that he wants Israel to "stop killing people" which contradicts the notion of him being adamant about "finishing the job" in Palestine and Trump has still never given an outline of his goals if elected as President for the war. Overall Trump has criticised both Israel and Netanyahu way more than Biden ever has and ever will. Also bringing up Trump moving the American embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, as Communion already said before: Did Biden ever seek to move it back?

It is just such a hard ******* sell to imply something like vote for Biden for something like the preservation of local queer rights at the expense of dead Palestinians by a war hungry President. Trump is so uncouth and unabashed about what he thinks and so his avoidance of even marginally detailing his plans to support Israel in the war if elected does very much make me think he's not as supportive of supporting Israel in this war as much as Biden is. It makes even less sense for him to not say it as soon as possible considering how much conservative advocate for the support of Israel in general but especially in the war

Edited by dinorhino

10 hours ago, Revolution said:

That's a vote for Trump

in reality, it's this

but I see what's coming from her. people should endorse other candidates and rise their popularity which is not easy at all.

• Like 3

Heart of gold and she did not lie. She humanized and empathized with the Palestinian parents and children. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, dinorhino said:

You're the one jumping to conclusions. Not being gung ho about Biden =/= anti biden. Trump is not the better alternative overall and I never postured him to be the better candidate as a result. The only issue is that Biden is overall similarly as bad.

The context of me saying him supporting Israel would be about funding the war specifically, not just about having amicable ties to Israel and siding with them politically. You also are leaving out bits of what he said because he specifically has said that he wants Israel to "stop killing people" which contradicts the notion of him being adamant about "finishing the job" in Palestine and Trump has still never given an outline of his goals if elected as President for the war. Overall Trump has criticised both Israel and Netanyahu way more than Biden ever has and ever will. Also bringing up Trump moving the American embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, as Communion already said before: Did Biden ever seek to move it back?

It is just such a hard ******* sell to imply something like vote for Biden for something like the preservation of local queer rights at the expense of dead Palestinians by a war hungry President. Trump is so uncouth and unabashed about what he thinks and so his avoidance of even marginally detailing his plans to support Israel in the war if elected does very much make me think he's not as supportive of supporting Israel in this war as much as Biden is. It makes even less sense for him to not say it as soon as possible considering how much conservative advocate for the support of Israel in general but especially in the war

Trump is responsible for the funding Biden was using to support Israel before last month. Trump also cut off all Palestinian aid. That's his entire thesis on this issue. 

You don't need to dig any deeper to see how he would react to this war. He's been telling us plainly how he feels:

• He wants to deport pro-Palestinian Protestors
  • He suggested that Biden "abandoned" Israel after the arms delay last week
  • Even his "stop killing people" statement was in reference to AFTER Israel "gets it over with"

His biggest point of contention with the war effort is that it's bad PR

Trump criticizing Netanyahu isn't compelling because he criticizes everyone, then praises them, then criticizes them again. Even then, his latest criticism has been about Netanyahu allowing Oct 7th to happen, which pretty much everyone agrees with across the board. You'll never hear him say a word about Palestinian suffering.

The way you're framing Trump on Israel is... entirely made up. I'm sorry, but there's no basis to believe he would NOT support the war when he's telling you he is. 

As far as the embassy goes, Biden can't move it back because it's a law passed by Congress in 1995 that Trump chose to pull the trigger on. Why? Because unlike other Presidents before him, Trump didn't care about any volatile fallout of that move. Just like he didn't care about Palestinians when he was negotiating around them to normalize Israeli relations with Gulf states like Saudi Arabia. 

I can't even believe it even needs to be spelled out this explicitly: Trump does not care about Palestinians. Never has, never will. 

There's a reason why he has a whole Israeli settlement in the contested Golan Heights named after him.

_107399240_hi054680562.jpg

• Like 1

I'll probably abstain from voting to send the DNC a message. You don't get to just force whatever candidate you want down our throats. Especially if it's likely he'll die in said term. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, theweekend said:

in reality, it's this

but I see what's coming from her. people should endorse other candidates and rise their popularity which is not easy at all.

This is a great take for local and midterm elections where the popular vote is the winner… sadly it's not the case for the presidential elections as long as we have the electoral college. 

Not my thread going platinum, i'm gagging 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, it's horrible about what's happening in Palestine. But what about the horrible things that are happening in your country, Cardi?

Republicans want to control your v4g and remove basic human rights. How can you not vote and try to prevent this from happening?

The palestine thing has blinded liberals and lefties somehow. 

Edited by Patient Zero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

she should go the booth and vote no there, highly doubt about how much she knows about election or general politic.

UPkFCDV.gif

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Democracy in the USA doesn't exist whether Biden or Trump wins. The USA exists to serve Israel and nothing more. Everything that's happening to students across this country is happening under Biden's administration all in the name of a foreign country and should be all the proof you need that the USA would rather arrest, abuse and take away US citizens' right to protest than simply tell Israel no. Since when does Israel's "right to exist" despite it being an apartheid state trump the rights of citizens of the USA? 

Throw the whole government away and start over cause it's broken. 

Edited by Nova_23

QUEEN! :clap3:

let me delete all my r-wordi comments

GravaodeTela2024-03-15s14_59_59-ezgif.co

• Haha 1

so... she's not voting due to the situation in Palestine thus effectively helping to elect someone nicknamed "Zion Don" (aka Netanyahu's only hope to stay in power)? :toofunny2:

I'm so tired of these privileged celebrities :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Polgg48 said:

she should go the booth and vote no there, highly doubt about how much she knows about election or general politic.

UPkFCDV.gif

These weird comments trying to brandish her as ignorant or uninformed or uneducated are so... most people's faves are politically illiterate or politically privileged and out this about themselves through their silence about their political preferences.

Cardi has been advocating for progressive politicians since before Trump took office, quite clearly articulating her belief that it takes progressive politics to stop Trump.

Why would any progressive - even a rich one - be enamored with a right-wing politician like Biden who not only tried to deny price-gouging down by corporations but even more-so tried to scapegoat the one good thing he wad forced to do - pandemic-era welfare policies - as the reason? Her is Cardi speaking on price-gouging occurring wrt groceries:

In comparison, here is how Biden responded to the mass popularity of some of the most progressive economic policy in generations only to pivot to austerity:

Even Biden's own supporters are now trying to trash the pandemic-era stimulus to cope from his unpopularity despite such massive spending is also what nearly got Trump elected in 2020 (so much so the same man whose base was defined by vaccine skepticism was bragging that HIS R&D and spending made it possible!!!):

@fijitears is there a chance you could add the tweets below to the OP and mention palestine in the title? our threads got merged :bird:

5 hours ago, DougAF said:

I'll probably abstain from voting to send the DNC a message. You don't get to just force whatever candidate you want down our throats. Especially if it's likely he'll die in said term. 

The DNC (along with cardi b)  will be fine though. In fact if Trump wins they will probably raise more money  than ever 😂

us on the other hand will have to deal with the horrible things trumps going to do with the help of the  "sending a message"  people 💀

2 hours ago, Communion said:

These weird comments trying to brandish her as ignorant or uninformed or uneducated are so... most people's faves are politically illiterate or politically privileged and out this about themselves through their silence about their political preferences.

Cardi has been advocating for progressive politicians since before Trump took office, quite clearly articulating her belief that it takes progressive politics to stop Trump.

Why would any progressive - even a rich one - be enamored with a right-wing politician like Biden who not only tried to deny price-gouging down by corporations but even more-so tried to scapegoat the one good thing he wad forced to do - pandemic-era welfare policies - as the reason? Her is Cardi speaking on price-gouging occurring wrt groceries:

In comparison, here is how Biden responded to the mass popularity of some of the most progressive economic policy in generations only to pivot to austerity:

Even Biden's own supporters are now trying to trash the pandemic-era stimulus to cope from his unpopularity despite such massive spending is also what nearly got Trump elected in 2020 (so much so the same man whose base was defined by vaccine skepticism was bragging that HIS R&D and spending made it possible!!!):

and let's not forget how much she was endorsing biden in 2020

she's one of the very few artists who are constantly talking about politics, inflation, budget cuts and world events

1 hour ago, punisher said:

and let's not forget how much she was endorsing biden in 2020

she's one of the very few artists who are constantly talking about politics, inflation, budget cuts and world events

Dwayne Johnson and Cardi B unendorsing Genocide Joe. :rip:

He's a historically weak candidate. I've never seen anything like it. 

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.