What is P!nk's legacy/impact on pop music?

Josh

3 hours ago, Power love said:

Britney, Xtina, Avril, Bey & hell even Kelly are just more impactful than her. Pink is an afterthought half the time. 

She just doesn't have a album as good, impactful or memorable.

As In The Zone, Stripped, Let Go, Breakaway and Bday. Sorry babe next time :celestial2:

Kelly herself would disagree on this one lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiphopper

• Josh

• Underdogs

• Power love

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another thread about the legacy of my fav.

She's a huge successful star and respected by the industry, but I guess there will never be enough prove for ATRLers to admit that.

One of most successful things about her I think is to let ATRLers talk about her legacy. lol

Skeleton Keyboard GIF by BAIO

None , she was overshadowed by Britney in early 00s and Adele/Gaga in 10s.

tumblr_njh8c7Fvoj1r6bnrro3_r1_640.gif

• Haha 1

Uniting the music tastes of soccer moms and lesbians 

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

tumblr_njh8c7Fvoj1r6bnrro3_r1_640.gif

It's not a legacy if no one else could ever do that. :gaycat5:

• Like 1

- Her several hits of course.

- One of the faces of Pop rock music this century (she is instantly associated with the Pop rock movement and one of the few that could last for so long)

- Acrobats

• Like 1

she's the edgy pop girl blueprint, also acrobatics on stage unlike anyone else. 

• Like 3

Being a more masc/tomboyish popstar + infusing acrobatics into her live shows 

• Like 2

Y'all do too much on her. She's literally an icon.

• Like 3

Flying

• Like 1

I'm not dead and The truth about love are great albums, great stats and a string of hits. Misunderstood was a forgotten hit but still. 

Avril got the upper hand because she still do pop rock songs and had a bigger peak, so rather than referring to Kelly and Pink, people prefer to brag about Let Go. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, QuanticXplosion said:

Britney fans run to imply she inspired Stripped in a attempt to shade Christina when it clearly was not the case and when no one has been nastier to Britney than pink. 

Thank you.

As someone who loves both Stripped & Misunderstood neither album sounds even remotely the same are pop girls not aloud to make songs about the abuse they experience as a child :deadbanana2:

Is it just that both albums used Linda Perry? Please explain this made up delusion.:rip:

5 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

I'd say that The Truth About Love, I'm Not Dead, Misunderstood and Funhouse are her legacy albums

all 4 are so good :jonny5: One Foot Wrong, Chaos & P*ss, Sober, Try, So What, Beam Me Up, I Don't Believe You, Just Like a Pill, My Vietnam, Cuz I Can, Who Knew, Bad Influence, Ave Mary A, Are We All We Are, How Come You're Not Here, Long Way to Happy, 18 Wheeler, Nobody Knows, It's All Your Fault, Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)… like??? wow, so many classics

• Like 1

I think the alt hoes of music twitter should get on this song tbh

has all the hallmarks of a deep cut music fans could unitedly begin to claim :jamming:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Power love said:

Thank you.

As someone who loves both Stripped & Misunderstood neither album sounds even remotely the same are pop girls not aloud to make songs about the abuse they experience as a child :deadbanana2:

Is it just that both albums used Linda Perry? Please explain this made up delusion.:rip:

The delusion is appalling. She did not inspire Stripped and she is not one of the definitive True icons of her time. 

She is simply playing catch up to Beyonce, Christina, Britney and Jlo. 

Mostly her political songs, she does not hold back. She addresses **** without sugarcoating things. She's also an incredible performer, she puts on amazing shows. and I am not even a fan

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2024 at 5:07 AM, VioletsandRoses said:

She was the biggest pop rock singer during the 2000s (Avril had the bigger peak, but pink had better longevity).  Many girls are influenced by her such as Dua Lipa, Bebe Rexha and Halsey.  

Both Halsey and Bebe were influenced by Avril also.

Most P!nk fans also like Avril.:giraffe:

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 12:34 AM, QuanticXplosion said:

The delusion is appalling. She did not inspire Stripped and she is not one of the definitive True icons of her time. 

She is simply playing catch up to Beyonce, Christina, Britney and Jlo. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20211126143920/https://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/08/arts/the-new-season-music-idol-returns-her-image-remade.html

Ms. Aguilera admits to being inspired by ''Missundaztood.'' She was particularly impressed by one of Pink's songwriters. ''I wasn't a big fan of the Dallas Austin songs, but I really, really loved the Linda Perry songs,'' she said. ''They had a really personal, real sense about them.''

Angry The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

Edited by Hiphopper

https://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/20/opinion/granderson-pink-music

"

It would all seem like a meat-dress wearing gimmick if she didn't have the voice and lyrics to back it up. But she does, and thus we can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing her voice will be there for future generations to discover when looking back at us.

Pink won't be able to scrub our record clean singlehandedly – there's just too much manufacturing for one person to overcome. But at least there will be evidence for my great-great grandkids to see that we weren't all "American Idol's" sheep. While Christina Aguilera has a tendency to oversing, Britney Spears can't sing, and Lauryn Hill sorta stopped singing, Pink has managed to carve a brilliant 13-year-career by being something that is incredibly rare these days – an artist.

A complete artist."

We need an update version of this article to let ATRLers know my fav's legacy. :gaycat5:

The impact of this song alone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On 5/12/2024 at 5:37 AM, ontherocks said:

Uniting the music tastes of soccer moms and lesbians 

And Australians :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.