• HardBambi

• discosean

• Phaunzie

• holyground13

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened to poptimism?

• Like 1

This is actually a super fair, level headed review. He gave it a 5. He liked about half of it. I don't think that's a super uncommon opinion. 

• Like 2

She missed the mark with this one. It's not a terrible album but it's so bland, so weak, especially compared to FN.

• Like 5

6w6Pcz7.gif

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

what happened to poptimism?

It's still here, keeping the album from being as PANNED as it actually deserves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

If we all know how she handles criticism 

*cough* pencil dance *cough*

The next album is gonna be fire

Dua Lipa GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

• Haha 4

It's those bland, unseasoned midtempos that drag it down a lot. 

It's all that filler mama. 

make an actual ALBUM not just a set of bland, mediocre, uninspired songs.

• Like 1

y'all starting to get waaaay too comfy hating on goddess Dua

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Who in the ******* **** does this tragic faguette think he is? What qualifications does he have to review music? He seems really bitter and cynical and needs to be woken the **** up. I am so tired of him being elevated to this level where his word is gospel. We need to do better. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 12

Dua needs the pen taken away tbh and needs a creative director or something. She doesn't have enough compelling ideas on her own. She is an executor of ideas, a follower not a leader

And thats ok some people thrive in that position. I see similarities to Rihanna in that sense 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Dua doesn't need yes-men; she needs to consider letting go of her dad and her family. RO is cute, but the next album should be as well executed as 'Future Nostalgia' was. It's going to be a make-or-break moment.

• Like 1

I agree with the quote in the title.

I skimmed the album, and it's all the same as her previous work. No new lyrical themes, nothing introspective or groundbreaking, and no real advancements production wise.

It sounds like an album someone would rush out when they know they're on their final record of a contract they want to get out of.

• Thanks 1

I will stand firm in my stance that this album is a LOT better than what people are portraying. At LEAST a 7 if not more. I don't see the multitudes of filler you guys are talking about. Maybe y'all will see in the summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The fact that he just hates on everyone that is liked here but all the reviews are still posted :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have complicated views on this man. I respect what he's carved out for himself and I think everyone has their right to have an opinion. He's just not a pop music fan. (Sure he liked Future Nostalgia) It is not his wheelhouse or music he would choose to listen to. The best way I could describe it is he is grading with his own rubric, which is perfectly fine- it's his channel. But people (pop fans) will post his reviews as some form of validation for their own opinions, not realizing he probably dislikes the music they would consider perfect. 

If I only liked or rated high a few country albums, as I am not a fan of the genre, would you care what I thought of any new country releases? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iceland said:

Dua doesn't need yes-men; she needs to consider letting go of her dad and her family. RO is cute, but the next album should be as well executed as 'Future Nostalgia' was. It's going to be a make-or-break moment.

I am afraid RO is already her make-or-break moment. I feel like she is not going to recover from here. She is not big enough to survive this. This is kinda similar (but worse) than Ariana with the beginning of the DW era. Ariana then hà Side to Side to save êverything but I do not see a Side to Side on this album.

• Like 2

the album should have matched Falling Forever's energy / sound. so sad

Not sure why people care what some rando thinks

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

While I like the album, he is right. She had so many opportunities to go for full analog electro, psych-pop, and even glitch pop but she chose to go full dance pop with psych droplets. ATRLiens are so predictable, especially the usual divas that run into Fantano threads to say who is this man, who cares what he thinks, and why should we care? 

Lady Gaga Reaction GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

At least this man has a platform, with millions of fans, several celebrity shoutouts and hundreds of released reviews. Like, what are you all bringing to the table to refute his opinion other than bad breath and crusty toes. Like, gag me with a spoon, gnarly. Y'all are and will always be bothered that y'all faves are getting actual critical reviews instead of manufactured pop fluff. 

Gnar Anthony Fantano GIF by IFHT Films

#TheMisunderstandingofMelon

Edited by Phaunzie
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I am afraid RO is already her make-or-break moment. I feel like she is not going to recover from here. She is not big enough to survive this. This is kinda similar (but worse) than Ariana with the beginning of the DW era. Ariana then hà Side to Side to save êverything but I do not see a Side to Side on this album.

She needs to put out a re-release/deluxe fast, with a sure-fire hit (that sounds nothing like her album) as the next single. Maybe add a feature. That'll tie people over until she can course correct with a new album ( to be released no later than Q4 next year).

The album might not be as good as FN but I wouldn't say she didn't take any risks, FN sounds more generic in comparison, this album has a bit of edge in terms of production, but the overall result wasn't as good as FN because of melodies, lyrics and everything else. 

Posted (edited)

If it was a dumb ***** saying yes queen about every pop release you would be calling him "daddy" but he is FATHERING. Wtf do you guys know about fathers. Tell them the truth baldy. Don't be afraid and tell the TRUTH :clap3: 

Edited by Funnyfatty
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.