Will Taylor Swift maintain success in her 40s?

Devin

Will Taylor maintain success in her 40s?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. lets be REAL with ourselves…

• Yes, she will dominate in her 40s.
    • No, she will start flopping/lose steam.

How is this even a question. I doubt anyone here can point me to any other artist who commercially peaked 20 years into their career. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johnny Jacobs

• jediah556

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

• itshyolee

On 5/8/2024 at 1:21 PM, Jay07 said:

I don't know. As you mentioned, as opposed to Madonna or Beyonce she hasn't matured her brand, it's still all high school and fairytales so I'm not sure her audience can buy her doing that into her 40s. Maybe if she can pull off a reinvention but everything seems so whimsical and young adult fiction about her that I don't know where she can take it.

Her music stopped being high school and fairytales a long while ago. She touches on subjects and themes that other current artists are not doing like her. She doesn't hide her struggles with suicidal ideations, she talks about alcoholism, depression, her ego, she talks about the internal battle she faces when things don't follow her 'mastermind' plans. I understand not liking Taylor, but dismissing her as immature or stuck in a particular brand image overlooks her work's depth and complexity. Taylor has consistently evolved as an artist, both musically and thematically throughout her career and while her early albums may have had a more innocent and youthful vibe (because she was quite literally a teen), she has grown and matured alongside her fans and she writes and sing about a diverse range of subjects in her music, I mean like even the notion that her brand is solely based on high school and fairytales is laughable. It overlooks the intricacies of her storytelling and songwriting, even her haters can acknowledge this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2024 at 12:09 PM, airplane said:

I do think she's approaching oversaturation. Critics are panning her releases and the discourse online was largely negative. I can also see her core audience finally growing up and moving on unless she changes her sound entirely. She will struggle scoring hits in her 40's and i don't see her albums having much longevity on the charts either. TTPD kinda shows that she's stalling and fortnight isn't smashing as hard as it should. 

Just loud and wrong, but who's surprised :dies:  TTPD "stalling" as it does 60M daily 3 weeks after release 

OT: She obviously won't have success like 2022-2024, but she will still be big. And her tours will demolish everyone else's

• Thumbs Down 1

On 5/8/2024 at 11:40 AM, jediah556 said:

I can't wait for her to retire, she's oversaturated and her lackluster songwriting is only amplified by her refusal to expand beyond one producer that's had the same sound since 2016. she's gotten lazy knowing her fans roll over backwards for whatever special edition rerecording she's going to release 8 different ways

ghosts side GIF

Hopefully not, she deserves retirement :heart:

Obviously. 

Taylor could stop releasing and she'd still be smashing based solely on the strength of her back catalogue.

before that, she would need a rebrand 

Gelatin (J.Lo) had one of her biggest hits in her 40s and that was after a string of flop eras. Taylor will for sure have hits and good album sales in her 40s. She obviously wont have a chokehold on the public like she does right now (most likely) but I think Taylor has almost guaranteed herself some major success up until at least her mid 40s (so like another solid 10+ years of success). The only way she'd flop is if she did something horribly wrong in the coming years lol...or if the quality of music degrades to Hollywood Record artist's levels

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.