Will Taylor Swift maintain success in her 40s?

Devin

Will Taylor maintain success in her 40s?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. lets be REAL with ourselves…

• Yes, she will dominate in her 40s.
    • No, she will start flopping/lose steam.

spacer.png

Taylor Swift [34] is undeniably one of the biggest pop stars, but will this success continue into her 40s? It is rare for a female artist to maintain commercial success after 40. 

If we look closely at her music & marketing. Her brand still caters to a younger (fickle) audience and is reliant on the teenage love life narrative. We seen maturity with folklore, but revert back to her norm with Midnights & TTPD. Also, her number power will be effected as she ages.

Poll included: voters will remain anonymous to avoid #WhenSwiftiesAttack

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Johnny Jacobs

• jediah556

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

• itshyolee

She's gonna release her Ray of Light and y'all are gonna COLLAPSE

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

No. She will decline like every other artist in their 40s but she did what most of them didn't anyway so she, can rest easy

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

I can't wait for her to retire, she's oversaturated and her lackluster songwriting is only amplified by her refusal to expand beyond one producer that's had the same sound since 2016. she's gotten lazy knowing her fans roll over backwards for whatever special edition rerecording she's going to release 8 different ways

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 11

12 minutes ago, Devin said:

Poll included: voters will remain anonymous to avoid #WhenSwiftiesAttack

Sounds like a horror film trailer teaser

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Ethereal you should really get a life. You're so pathetic omg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

I doubt she'll "maintain" where she is now for over a decade considering that she's sitting right on top of the summit of one of the biggest pop girl peaks ever, but I do firmly believe she will be highly successful (perhaps even continuing to be the most successful artist) for several years going forward. 

• Like 1

We should know by now to never underestimate Taylor in anything

• Like 2

she'll never not be successful. sure she might see a slight decline, but the fans who grew up with her are always going to listen and support whatever she does

• Like 2

the highschool mean girl meets poor eternal victim facade will be hard to keep up at that age for sure 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm going to be a hater and say no 

:suburban:

20 minutes ago, jediah556 said:

I can't wait for her to retire, she's oversaturated and her lackluster songwriting is only amplified by her refusal to expand beyond one producer that's had the same sound since 2016. she's gotten lazy knowing her fans roll over backwards for whatever special edition rerecording she's going to release 8 different ways

Amen:clap3:

• Like 1

I mean we have no reason to believe she wouldn't aside from ageism or the public becoming exhausted of her overexposure but if she takes a two year break (for once) she'll reignite the GP's interest and probably soar through her early 40s

Posted (edited)

I do think she's approaching oversaturation. Critics are panning her releases and the discourse online was largely negative. I can also see her core audience finally growing up and moving on unless she changes her sound entirely. She will struggle scoring hits in her 40's and i don't see her albums having much longevity on the charts either. TTPD kinda shows that she's stalling and fortnight isn't smashing as hard as it should. 

Edited by airplane
  • Haha 1

She's still going to be successful. Obviously not on the level she is right now -- it's literally impossible to maintain this level of fame forever -- but she's not going to fall into obscurity either.

Her success may wax and wane, but she's just gonna be one of those figures that's always going to be around. The last few years have guaranteed that. 

She'll employ the ageism victim card and come back even stronger :allears:

Yes. Lol. Her fans grow- lup with her. 

You all say her music is for teenage girls and yet most of the people who stream her music are the same age as her. She's a songwriter and she will write about being old, motherhood, divorce and teenage nostalgia when she's in her 40's. And her fans who grew up with her will still buy and stream her music. Other girlies wishes, especially those who only relies on hits and GP appeal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

She won't be at the level she is at right now for obvious reasons, but even when she was considered to be "fading" commercially in 2019, she still ended up as the biggest artist in the world. Her fans grow up with her and not away from her, and her status as the biggest pop star of the century will guarantee that the GP will, at the very least, always check out whatever she does, no matter when she does it. She has the perfect mix of fanbase & public support that no one else really has and that's the reason why she was able to peak 18 years into an already massive career in the first place, which has very little precedence. Longevity is Taylor's 2nd middle name.

So I don't see any reason why she won't continue to maintain her massive commercial success for years, if not decades to comes.

• Like 4

Madonna,Beyoncé , Shakira and even pink were successful in their forties.

Agism exists but it doesn't meant that strong fanbases dispear when a celeb turn 40.

Biggest danger for Taylor is going on a long hiatus. Now even a two year will one will likely drive her fans insane.

Considering there are already college courses on her music, I'd say she'll go down as one of the greatest poets/writers in history since Shakespeare. Not every singer can claim that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Taylor proves she is immune to everything, even ageism

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't see how she could not be. She is way too strong of a celebrity to become a non-factor. Her success might not be as giant, but I can see her still being Top 3 biggest artists in the world going against new blood

If anything, Madonna was a bigger commercial force in her 40s than she was in her 30s. She had Like a Prayer, then Erotica bombed, Bedtime Stories was another underperformance and by the time she dropped Ray of Light, she was 40 and officially entered her 40s stage of life

we all thought loser was it for her. back to back panned flopped singles and poor pr. first non 1M opener, tour canceled and the album was charting low for her standards. anything after that would be nothing but a decline and she said nope.

i'm not gonna say she'll reach another peak but will she still be a juggernaut in her 40s? absolutely.

22 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Madonna,Beyoncé , Shakira and even pink were successful in their forties.

Agism exists but it doesn't meant that strong fanbases dispear when a celeb turn 40.

Biggest danger for Taylor is going on a long hiatus. Now even a two year will one will likely drive her fans insane.

this

her fanbase grew just like domesticated animals because of constant feeding

just like pets they are very loyal, the reason can also be the challenge as she needs to feed them constantly  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.