Is Tyla shaping up to be a One hit wonder?

Starfish

She's gonna be huge just watch 

2 hours ago, KingWitch said:

They just filmed the video for Jump but judging by the songs performance in the U.S i think it might not be a hit there, she'll probably struggle to get another hit in the U.S 

Water also took off in UK first, just like Jump is now.  She'll be fine once video drops. Someone said it was starting to trend on TT recently…only a matter of time.  

It's too early to say this when she just dropped her album :rip:

Wait until the sophomore to make such judgements at least.

Some of you are so annoying with this.

I mean she's made more of a name for herself then let's say Tate Mcrea who has bigger hits and a few more to her name.

its wayyyyyy too soon to say that :rip: I think she's a star though so no, she already has a hit under her belt so she's off to a good start, I'm sure the rest will come :clap3:

Her team is doing a terrible job with her. Her debut album should have came out in December or January. Poor single choices & her team is barely doing anything with Jump.

Everybody keeps mentioning Rihanna. I'm thinking more Christina millian :biblio:

• Like 1

i think so, yes

water was indeed a hit but not as big as pon de replay and her second single didn't just fail to enter the top 35, it failed to chart, in many countries at that so i don't really see the rihanna comparisions.

i wish her nothing but the best and i will be glad if she proves me wrong tho. 

Definitely NOT lmao!

She's a star in the making and hones it WELL. Like I haven't seen a debut artist within the last 5 years be able to effortlessly just be themselves and have people so enamored :deadbanana2:

She's definitely gonna have more hits, not only that but you can tell she understands music veryyyy well and knows how to be versatile and use her talent. 

Atrl must be every emerging artist's worst nightmare. It's one when yall troll the likes of Katy or Dua Lipa, they are pretty set for life. In the age of social media, as long as you've a platform and the following to monetise, you can coast on one zeitgeist-ish moment for a long time. But the way yall write off anyone that's not churning out hit after hit is disturbing. Even Taylor Swift couldn't possibly keep up with that kinda momentum. There's way too many variables at play for any one person to knock it out of the park every single time. Success doesn't flow in a single uninterrupted stream, it stumbles on ebbs and debris too. 

?

Jump is literally increasing a bit every single day :toofunny3:

Kinda. I don't hear any other hit in the album so I think she'll be a OHW at least she has a hit in a future project.

3 hours ago, Power love said:

Her team is doing a terrible job with her. Her debut album should have came out in December or January. Poor single choices & her team is barely doing anything with Jump.

Everybody keeps mentioning Rihanna. I'm thinking more Christina millian :biblio:

This, but I'd argue that the problem is a lack of a follow-up single to Water, rather than poor single choices. How did they not have a second single ready to push to radio at album release? This is starting to remind me of how Joji fumbled everything after Glimpse of Us.

we should never doubt someone til they 2nd album. personally, i dont get the hype i prefer tems & tiwa.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Power love said:

Reminder…again:

Rhianna was a one hit wonder as well her debut era. Somehow that seemed to be erased from people's minds lol.    

Edited by professor2000

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

This, but I'd argue that the problem is a lack of a follow-up single to Water, rather than poor single choices. How did they not have a second single ready to push to radio at album release? This is starting to remind me of how Joji fumbled everything after Glimpse of Us.

Thats what "ART" was supposed to be, but TOD was already at radio.  

But yeah, no excuses with "Jump" though.  They better have a full rollout ready when that video drops. Prob give it another week or two before it's released.  

Edit: And *third single, TOD was the 2nd single and was already out before the album.  

Edited by professor2000

She needs push Jump :khalyan2:

31 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Thats what "ART" was supposed to be, but TOD was already at radio.  

But yeah, no excuses with "Jump" though.  They better have a full rollout ready when that video drops. Prob give it another week or two before it's released.  

Edit: And *third single, TOD was the 2nd single and was already out before the album.  

I'm not even sure if they even fully pushed ToD. I don't remember there being an official adds date on radio, but it did linger in the 40s on Pop. I feel like this could have gone Top 20 on Pop if promoted better. It's still in the Top 25 of callouts this week.

• Like 1

Hard to tell because it seems people like her but I feel like they took to long to release a follow up to Water so they can either try to push Jump and see what happens (Although I don't get the appeal of it) or just get ready for the next era because you cannot waste the momentum.

I REBUKE THIS

I love watching the positivity and ATRLers actually defending someone!

But lbr, other stars were in her positions and got dragged if their next few singles flopped

I guess Tyla is just that much liked

and I'm not calling for her to get hate, but I do think it's a double standard. Good thing if ATRL decides to defend all the new girls this way tho :michael:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.