Madonna makes Herstory. largest standalone concert for over 1.6 million

rcksluke

36 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

I'm confused by people downplaying this, no it's not a tour gross but it was a record breaking event, the fact that people are mentioning Rod Stewart and the Stones should let you know how long it's been since something like this was done and the fact that she is a female artist that did this, a record was broken and brought a broadcast it's highest ratings in 6 years, somewhere around 50 million people watch this and were not including streaming numbers.

Do you have a source for those numbers? I've been waiting to know that

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TROJAN

• Chris

• spiritboy

• wanderlust

Impressive :clap3:

"Madonna's historic show on Copacabana Beach last Saturday, the 4th, caused Globo to record a huge increase in ratings in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. According to consolidated data from Kantar Ibope Media, the broadcast on open TV of the closing show of The Celebration Tour scored 17 audience points and 37% share (participation in total TVs connected) in the São Paulo region — an increase of 6% in audience compared to the previous four Saturdays. In Rio de Janeiro, where the queen of pop received 1.6 million people on the sands of Copacabana, 25 points and a 51% share were recorded. The numbers represent a growth of 47% compared to the previous four weeks. The data proves that the exhibition was a success for the broadcaster, which also broadcast the event exclusively on Multishow, on pay TV, and streaming on Globoplay.

Globo did not shy away from showing the nudity of Madonna's dancers during the performance of the song Hung Up. With a sensual choreography, the singer was sold by one of her dancers, who then took off their blouses on stage. Men and women then displayed their breasts while dancing. The queen of pop also ends up kissing one of them at the end. Everything, of course, is part of Madonna's standard repertoire, who celebrated her 40-year career with the Celebration tour. The scenes aired on national television around midnight. Transgressive and controversial as always, the artist is the terror of conservatives — but an inescapable and great icon of pop music.

What the consolidated audience for Madonna's show on Globo says | SEE (abril.com.br)"

In São Paulo 37 in each 100 TVs are connected on Madonna (We must have in mind that São Paulo has 45 million people). In Rio the rating was even more huge: 51 in each 100 TVs are on Madonna.

:clap3:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spree said:

Let's not count this record breaking attendance concert, but we'll have no problem counting free Spotify streams for album sales. 

seethe forever!! She'll never be topped. Ever.

Oh **** 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

She generated 59 million usd of income for the city :jonnycat:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

Do you have a source for those numbers? I've been waiting to know that

It's on the Ukmix website in the Madonna tour and charts section, there was a tweet but I dont how to paste it and i'm not on twitter. It seems the info is coming from Brazilian fans.

14 hours ago, spiritboy said:

Free to public. Madonna received around $20-25m for Bank advertisement and this concert if i am not mistaken.

So it was free? :mandown:

• Thumbs Down 2

8 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

Not you playing dumb...

Or maybe you actually don't have the intelligence to understand, guess that's what hating the one and only QUEEN of Pop will do to ya

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

what's your point other than trying to look like a fool, honey? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, TheRealGâteau said:

what's your point other than trying to look like a fool, honey? 

I didn't know it was a free concert. Makes you wonder.

• Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

I didn't know it was a free concert. Makes you wonder.

Oh, I think you do, since you've been entering and having meltdowns in every recent Madonna thread. Or is it dementia? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheRealGâteau said:

Oh, I think you do, since you've been entering and having meltdowns in every recent Madonna thread. Or is it dementia? 

The personal attacks won't affect me dear. I literally have a star. Have a good day and I hope you heal.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

The way Dua went on endless summer vacation after one successful era while Madonna has been working non stop since the ******* 80s to this day !!! :toofunny3: this makes me feel so bad when I complain about being tired 

Edited by Kern
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kern said:

The way Dua went on endless summer vacation after one successful era while Madonna has been working non stop since the ******* 80s to this day !!! :toofunny3: this makes me feel so bad when I complain about being tired 

I was actually thinking about this. We need to have a serious conversation about it because miss Lipa could've used that time in the studio instead 

She's really the Queen. :worship:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shyboi said:

I was actually thinking about this. We need to have a serious conversation about it because miss Lipa could've used that time in the studio instead 

I think the times just changed. Madonna had to fight her way to survive - literally. It made her tough and she's probably always in that mode. This generation of artists has just everything easier so naturally everyone is just lazier which can be good and bad thing 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

The personal attacks won't affect me dear. I literally have a star.

This is giving "Trump wants immunity from prosecution" teas. 

• Haha 6

I wish I was there omg

52 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

More people at ONE Madonna concert than the TOTAL tickets sold from the entire Chromatica Ball x2!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, spree said:

More people at ONE Madonna concert than the TOTAL tickets sold from the entire Chromatica Ball x2!

It was free wasn't it? It makes sense.

Does anyone know where she is now? Any chance she attends the Met tonight? 

Just now, LatinFreak said:

Does anyone know where she is now? Any chance she attends the Met tonight? 

She won't be attending.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

the controversy that is going on all around Brazil right now is crazy. it's amazing that she makes the conservatives mad for 40 years. 4 decades being that *****. 

i'm still stunned by saturday night, one of the bests nights of my life. 

Edited by Selegend
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Selegend said:

the controversy that is going on all around Brazil right now is crazy. it's amazing that she makes the conservatives mad for 40 years. 4 decades being that *****. 

i'm still stunned by saturday night, one of the bests nights of my life. 

Lots of conservatives in Mexico are fuming as well it's such a delight to see :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.