Madonna makes Herstory. largest standalone concert for over 1.6 million

rcksluke

Wow this is fantastic! Madonna will always be our queen of pop, no one could beat her insane demand 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TROJAN

• Chris

• spiritboy

• wanderlust

2 minutes ago, Alongoria13 said:

The way she essentially planted the demand for her next tour, the news are being covered everywhere :clap3:

Sis...there isn't another tour coming...this was it....I felt it as soon as Nothing Really Matters started. This was her being above a farewell tour or any gimmicks.

She knew exactly what she was doing last night. This will go down as a historic victory lap to finish a popstar career. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Just now, .Odyssey. said:

Sis...there isn't another tour coming...this was it....I felt it as soon as Nothing Really Matters started. This was her being above a farewell tour or any gimmicks.

She knew exactly what she was doing last night. This will go down as a historic victory lap to finish a popstar career. 

Madonna has said before she's never retiring, I'm confident she will be back, for now she deserves a long rest for sure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think she made a big mistake not touring South America though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

One of the most impactful artists of all time. 

👑LONG LIVE THE QUEEN 👑

• Like 1

Qa4X4Uq.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

I had tears in my eyes while watching because I also think it's a farewell for a while. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

If you really think this was the last madonna tour ever i really don't think you know her well. 

if she knew this was her last show she would be much more emotional.

if anything this tour feels like the beginning of a comeback for her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ThousandMiles said:

1.6 million? I find that hard to believe.. is there Ariel footage? a slay nonetheless! 

It is true, i was there and it was PACKED, like it usually is at Reveillon nights. I took almost 40min to go from the beach to the subway station (which i could have done in less than 10min on a normal situation) walking slowly in the middle of the people, like every corner of the streets were full.

Edited by TipToe
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

If you really think this was the last madonna tour ever i really don't think you know her well. 

100% agree. 

We know how in her head she can be. In the past few years, because of the media's constant negativity, she's been in her head almost all the time. Last night was the first time she looked so happy and radiant in a long time (in public - cause she felt that way almost the entire tour.) I'm sure she feels more motivated than ever to come back and prove the rest of the world she still got it.

She's not gonna stop there. She's only 64 years-old.

If anything, maybe she'll do smaller tours - like stadiums tours with just a few dates. That could work out really well for her!

Pretty sure they'll launch the anniversary editions soon, and maybe even drop a new song by the end of the year and capitalize on the hype.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

I agree, I feel like she's about to repeak in some way...this tour lay the grounds for it (outside of the US at least ch)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

I don't know...I don't see it, but I'd love to be proven wrong. It's like, where would she go from her though, you know? Another theater tour for a new album? An era or two more before another greatest hits tour that's compared to this one? I just don't see her having another peak after this. She gave it her all.

I also hope to God she doesn't go legacy act route and start doing greatest hits tour rehashes like Cher or Britney. 

I think she's smart enough to go out on top. This would be an amazing way of doing so. I mean, is there anything more iconic than her last show ever starting with her in a crown in front of 1.6 million people?

imagine leaving at the end of the show - how would you even find a bathroom

The Queen of Pop :jonny6:

watch certain pop star called Taylor Swift trying to break this record, I know she is thinking about it already :sick:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Punky Rooster said:

Beyoncé has 4 hits people know. Madonna has 97.

Beyoncé is the biggest selling international female artist ever in Brazil, try harder :gaycat2:

——

:clap3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

CNN says it's 2.5 million. 1.6 is the lowest estimate they made hours before the show

This is what a real successful granny looks like!

• Thumbs Down 10

6 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

CNN says it's 2.5 million. 1.6 is the lowest estimate they made hours before the show

I've seen other outlets say 2.5 million as well… I have to wonder, perhaps earlier in the evening there was 2.5 million and some people left when it became clear she wouldn't be on til 10:30-11:00 PM? Like, people with families? I can definitely see casuals hanging around early but leaving when it got late for them.

1 hour ago, HANZ94 said:

The Queen of Pop :jonny6:

watch certain pop star called Taylor Swift trying to break this record, I know she is thinking about it already :sick:

This is such a big achievement but the fact that the first thing that came into your (& some others here) mind is Taylor Swift attempting to break this record or whatsoever

What a joke :laugh: Have fun dreaming about Taylor again :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Queen! :clap3::gaydonnacat1:

THE USUAL being absent in this thread cause they have nothing negative to say about this :gaydonnacat1:

Anyway, 42 years and she's still performing like this in front of an entire city. Only THE Queen of Pop, the most popular and the most successful female artist of ALL TIME:worship2:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Well we're running with 2.5M if major outlets are reporting it. :alexz2:

• Thanks 1

Serving youth, looks, vocals, dances, extreme energy at 65 :WAP::clap3:

Meanwhile half of ATRL in their 40s >>

boring-sleeping.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

truly an icon, i'm glad I got to see this tour live

• Like 1

I can't believe she's singing live! What an amazing legend. 

:clap3:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.