Madonna makes Herstory. largest standalone concert for over 1.6 million

rcksluke

Gosh this is f*cking HISTORIC and should be done A LOT more often.

That's one of the reasons why I love Madonna because she truly is one of those artists that is NOT stingy with how available she is for the masses as an artist. She will do whatever tf it takes to make sure everyboddyyyy gets to experience HER and it's been that way ever since she debuted.

To have 1.6M people attend YOUR concert on a beach, 40+ years into your career in your 60s is f*cking unheard of. Male or female. Especially in 2024!? Liiikkeeee!!! :deadbanana2:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TROJAN

• Chris

• spiritboy

• wanderlust

23 hours ago, spiritboy said:

I believe Beyoncé is the only female artist from her generation that could be a legend like M.

Yeah I truly feel the only other female artist that has and can hold a candle to Madonna's starpower in Brazil is Beyoncé. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Popular made her popular again. She's a timeless legend and proven her relevance time and time again

Popular wouldn't change the result of this show. 

Y'all focus on streams way too many times when Madonna as an artist is above all that. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

11 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Popular wouldn't change the result of this show. 

Y'all focus on streams way too many times when Madonna as an artist is above all that. 

Ik I was joking but in general what I was trying to say that she didn't need to prove herself anymore after the 2000's but she keeps proving herself time and time again with things like Frozen or Popular

• Like 2

living legend. too bad we don't make artists like her anymore.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shyboi said:

i just heard that it was actually around 700k? 

Use a microscope! 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wpdh8g8yixvs42odxx

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

Top 20 on Spotify's Daily Top Artist chart in Brazil. Only the queen...

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gaia said:

Ah ok, I mean clearly it was worth it for the bank if it got this much attention. 

And not to diminish but a free concert isn't really comparable to a regular concert. I just looked up the location and apparently there have been other free concerts that have also pulled 1M+ including Rod Stewart at 4M+

Its impressive for sure, but I feel like people are acting like it's comparable to a regular tour number.

Most concerts that happen in Copacabana are during big celebrations like NYE and carnaval, and a lot of people travel to Rio for these events even when there's no concert at all. Madonna did her show in the beggining of may, which is a period most people don't travel because there's no holidays and it's not summer anymore. Also, she announced this show like one month in advance and also a very important important exam was taking place on sunday, so a lot of people didn't go because of that. Had she announced the show in january with no exam taking place the day after, there would've been 3M+ people there for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shyboi said:

i just heard that it was actually around 700k? 

Where? The GagaCharts Twitter page? 

Anyway, Live Nation reported 1.6M and CNN reported 2.5M. :clap3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

The GagaCharts Twitter page? 

:lmao:

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2024 at 9:08 AM, LikeaRebel said:

To achieve this at 65 is just nuts. :clap3:

and 42 years after debut !

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

• Like 2

Eye roll at anyone trying to minimize this. 

In the words of the Queen herself "rather transparent wouldn't you say?" 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 5:07 AM, Bey'Knight said:

What kinda ground even holds that many people? Were they watching from rooftops?

Slay though :clap3:

rooftops, balconies, and boats

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Oktober Knight said:

Where? The GagaCharts Twitter page? 

Anyway, Live Nation reported 1.6M and CNN reported 2.5M. :clap3:

ONE right wing nut with one like in a reply, claiming left wing media is to blame. "I hear.." :lmao: 

they just gotta see the audience of the Rolling Stones (1.5m) and compare it with M (1.6m) and watch the videos. In fact, Brazilian press AND CNN claim the number is far bigger than 1.6. 

Edited by wanderlust
  • Thanks 1

we're rolling with 2.5M 

• Like 2

I'm just so proud of her, I've been very emotional since the concert ended (well, since I saw her and I saw her leaving the stage lol), thank you queen, I hope this is not the end for you but the beginning of a new exciting era, I don't care if I don't ever see you live again, but please don't ever stop. :weeps:

• Like 2

Unlike Rod Stewart, who was a "headliner" at the Christmas concert, this was a stand alone concert. Some people are so pressed about Madonna that they lose the ability to read and comprehend. :fan:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spiritboy said:

Unlike Rod Stewart, who was a "headliner" at the Christmas concert, this was a stand alone concert. Some people are so pressed about Madonna that they lose the ability to read and comprehend. :fan:

Rod is also a problematic singer, M wins anyway

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gaia said:

Ah ok, I mean clearly it was worth it for the bank if it got this much attention. 

And not to diminish but a free concert isn't really comparable to a regular concert. I just looked up the location and apparently there have been other free concerts that have also pulled 1M+ including Rod Stewart at 4M+

Its impressive for sure, but I feel like people are acting like it's comparable to a regular tour number.

It wasn't a Rod Stewart concert though, he was part of the New Years Eve celebration event. I like Rod but I don't think on his own he pulling in that number especially over acts like Madonna and the Rolling Stones.

Posted (edited)

It's complete history that just happened! She is in pair with all the biggest rock bands/pop artists that ever lived (Rolling Stones, U2, Queen, MJ)

We all knew she was, but now we have the confirmation, charts doesn't matter at this point, it's above that, it's cultural impact, and that 1.6+ million concert is the total proof of it

She's truly the biggest female artist that ever lived and anybody trying to deny it is simply delusional and not objective

Edited by MP3
  • Like 5

I'm confused by people downplaying this, no it's not a tour gross but it was a record breaking event, the fact that people are mentioning Rod Stewart and the Stones should let you know how long it's been since something like this was done and the fact that she is a female artist that did this, a record was broken and brought a broadcast it's highest ratings in 6 years, somewhere around 50 million people watch this and were not including streaming numbers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, narid said:

Use a microscope! 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wpdh8g8yixvs42odxx

and this gif shows only the beach part of the crowd, but on the main street just left of it, it was as packed as on the beach

• Like 2

On 5/5/2024 at 9:26 AM, bjorn said:

Taylor would have 5 million :ryan3:

ew

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Let's not count this record breaking attendance concert, but we'll have no problem counting free Spotify streams for album sales. 

seethe forever!! She'll never be topped. Ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.