Did Taylor's release overshadow Duas album?

bjorn

14 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

"She is fanbase driven and GP don't care about her" - she is on her way to break monthly listeners record

this is largely true though. it's just that she has an exceptionally large fanbase. the GP is tired and truly doesn't care about her. But her fanbase is so large right now, it's really not affecting her chart performance

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jacobdaniel

• WildHeart

• stevyy

• Storm653

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, something is shifting y'all, i feel like the GP is paying little attention to music at the moment

for us all these releases are big deals because we are here, like every day, in an echo chamber 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

this is largely true though. it's just that she has an exceptionally large fanbase. the GP is tired and truly doesn't care about her. But her fanbase is so large right now, it's really not affecting her chart performance

nnn girl 1 in every 5 Spotify users has streamed at least one Taylor song in the past month and she's still sitting really comfortably over 100M catalogue streams a day (something no other pop girl has ever managed) two weeks after her release, that's got nothing to do with a fanbase, unless you think 1 in every 5 people on Spotify are Swifties, which... would entail that the GP are Swifties, and I'm sure you won't want to admit that

:deadbanana4:

• Like 6

No. The mid album is the shadow itself

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

I guess you live on swifty world

Because in real life that album made no noise

And you live in a world where ES is the best album released this year :rip:

OT: No. Radical Optimism flopped because of the awful rollout and the album failed to meet expectations

1 hour ago, LoveInStereo said:

Tay's 2nd week is projected to do over 450k so if TTPD "came & went", by that logic, no other album this year arrived in the first place

Help :deadbanana2:

No one is talking about TP anymore. I don't even see her stats on my timeline anymore :rip: However Dua flopped all on her own, no need to blame Allison Swift

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

Nobody is talking about taylor anymore

3 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

No one is talking about TP anymore.

I'm not sure if this is coping, trolling or pure delusion.

TTPD is by far the most streamed album on quite literally every single streaming platform. Thousands upon thousands of videos with TTPD sounds are posted on TikTok everyday, with lots managing to go viral. TTPD, on its second week, is predicted to have moved more units than any other Taylor album both in the US and globally. In fact, it'll have bigger second week stats than any other album's first week since the beginning of the year. 

Maybe no one is talking about TTPD/Taylor in your particular bubble (although I doubt it considering the amount of threads about Taylor both of you still camp in everyday), but there's also this thing called the real world showing that your personal opinions are, well, not factual. 

:clack:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

You can't blame taylor for that, even if RO is out after ES and CC, it will still be overshadowed

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Digitalism said:

Nobody is talking about taylor anymore and it's been only 2 weeks.

Is it crack ?

I haven't heard a single note from Taylor's album, and no one in the real world is talking about it.  I've heard 3 Dua singles, however. 

Edited by spree
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

No one is talking about TP anymore. I don't even see her stats on my timeline anymore :rip: 

i get the Billboard stuff, that's about it.  No one on my feed is talking about Taylor anymore.  And certainly no one at work or customers or anyone in reality. 

i think the Swifties forget there is a large population of people out there who literally do not even think of Taylor

i completely forgot she's released an album, no offense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

nnn girl 1 in every 5 Spotify users has streamed at least one Taylor song in the past month and she's still sitting really comfortably over 100M catalogue streams a day (something no other pop girl has ever managed) two weeks after her release, that's got nothing to do with a fanbase, unless you think 1 in every 5 people on Spotify are Swifties, which... would entail that the GP are Swifties, and I'm sure you won't want to admit that

:deadbanana4:

the entire GP is not on spotify

• Like 1

swifties are in such a (very large) echo chamber, they think their "viral" tiktoks and streaming stats are coming from outside the fanbase. the GP isn't moving for TPD. "Taylor Fatigue" is real, but I can see how you wouldn't see that when you think Taylor is the center of the universe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

the entire GP is not on spotify

No, but those numbers are replicated across basically every streaming service. Sure, there will always be a chunk of the GP that's just not streaming any music, but of the sizable cohort that are, Taylor is currently getting roughly 1/6 of all US streams every day from the larger DSPs we can track (Spotify, Apple, Amazon, YouTube) :deadbanana4: 

The global proportion is smaller, but she's still collecting tens of millions of streams a day from Europe, LatAm, large parts of Asia, and certainly in Aus/NZ. The Taylor bubble in question is basically 10% of all global music consumers (just look at her numbers on Tencent or Netease...), which pretty much makes her the center of the music universe (the "industry", if you will). Remember when the IFPI confirmed that Taylor's catalogue alone had more consumption than almost every genre of music in 2023? 

I'd actually argue that the "Taylor fatigue" you speak of is driven by the smaller number of people who are fatigued and not by the quiet masses. There are still hundreds of millions of people who are streaming her music globally, and don't feel the need to complain about it online. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Digitalism said:

Nobody is talking about taylor anymore and it's been only 2 weeks.

Is it crack ?

I agree. In Germany, her biggest song fell to #15 on Spotify (trajectory is decreasing). 

I mean it's still kinda good, but not smash level. It's just "there".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 hours ago, Jacobdaniel said:

And who are those people? Did they fall from the sky? :toofunny2:

Fans = people from general public who tends to have more interest in artist 

So we should exclude Taylor listeners from GP if... they have more interest in her? :toofunny2:

A artist - 50M "fans" + 50M casuals - 100M listeners

B artist - 10M "fans" + 55M casuals - 65M listeners

C artist - 2M "fans" + 60M casuals - 62M - listeners 

So artist C has bigger GP reach than artist A because... casuals are not interested enough on that artist? 

image0.gif?ex=663793d5&is=66364255&hm=33

1 hour ago, stevyy said:

I agree. In Germany, her biggest song fell to #15 on Spotify (trajectory is decreasing). 

I mean it's still kinda good, but not smash level. It's just "there".

Sorry for asking, i can't check the Germany Spotify Artists list right now. How does it look like? Who is the most popular artist in Germany at the moment? 

2 hours ago, WildHeart said:

Sorry for asking, i can't check the Germany Spotify Artists list right now. How does it look like? Who is the most popular artist in Germany at the moment? 

a singer, named Ayliva. 

didn't atrl say last week nobody cared for taylor's album and that it had no replay value... how is it possible to overshadow dua's then? i am confusion x

25 minutes ago, stevyy said:

a singer, named Ayliva. 

She is #3 i fear 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

She is #3 i fear 

She's the #1 girl in Germany, sorry Taylor. Ayliva's next album (her latest was released last year), has the potential to debut with 200k. 

Ayliva got 4 #1's in GER since 2023

2023 - #1 - Hässlich

2023 - #1 - Sie weiß

2024 - #1 - Lieb Mich

2024 - #1 - Wunder (current #1)

Edited by stevyy

12 hours ago, Jacobdaniel said:

If this is true, can you name me 5 artists the GP cares about more than Taylor rn?

Cause I literally never hear anybody bring up Ariana's album irl and I talk to many people about music. I mostly see it get praised online while a lot of the GP I talk to still mostly see her as a homewrecker. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jacobdaniel said:

swifties are in such a (very large) echo chamber, they think their "viral" tiktoks and streaming stats are coming from outside the fanbase. the GP isn't moving for TPD. "Taylor Fatigue" is real, but I can see how you wouldn't see that when you think Taylor is the center of the universe

Yet you didn't once bring up any MPG's who appeal to the GP in 2024 more than Taylor.

I can assure you it's not Ariana because I've spoken to people irl about music and very few said a word about Eternal Sunshine. I even had to remind some people on my job that Ariana even dropped an album this year and they immediately brought up her scandal.

If Taylor has no appeal to the GP in 2024, pretty much no MPG does because TTPD is selling overseas faster than any album that dropped this year. I bring up overseas too because people here love to say how there's less Swifties overseas than in the U.S.

Edited by Storm653
  • Like 1

nobody gaf about Dua in the first place :cries2:

it's not Taylor's fault

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.