Spotify first week: Radical Optimism 94.6m

B-Luke

I'm kind of shocked about These Walls, since this song was being included to playlists and had the biggest decrease. :rip:

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• Aethereal

• Green

• Raphy23

11 minutes ago, Scars said:

The girls are losing it on Twitter. :toofunny3:

What do they mean?

24 minutes ago, Scars said:

The girls are losing it on Twitter. :toofunny3:

reminds me of when BTS fans would claim Spotify was purposefully conspiring against their 'boys' b/c so many of the streams were filtered out

Pop emergency :(

42 minutes ago, tomo said:

What do they mean?

lipasexual is going to sue Spotify because they are stealing Dua's streams

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Green said:

lipasexual is going to sue Spotify because they are stealing Dua's streams

But who is saying she did 14m unfiltered? The stan accounts? 

Spotify did't even announce this.

The numbers are all in here?

:suburban:

Edited by tomo

14.8M is ok hold I guess. People were saying 9M 

Im curious what familia and smile did the first 2 day?! Anyways its looking very bad for ha but she kinda deserved it for not enough promoting houdini and leaving 6? month gap between the single and album which killed the momentum for its entirety

1 hour ago, crymelanie said:

Im curious what familia and smile did the first 2 day?! Anyways its looking very bad for ha but she kinda deserved it for not enough promoting houdini and leaving 6? month gap between the single and album which killed the momentum for its entirety

Famila:

1st day: +8,367,889

2nd day: +7,058,817

3rd day: +5,678,307

1st week: 46.5M 

1 hour ago, crymelanie said:

Im curious what familia and smile did the first 2 day?!

familia 
Day 1: 8,367,889
Day 2: 7,058,817
smile 
Day 1: 7,836,258
Day 2: 5,221,161

This is pretty bad in the context that it's the album directly following one as big as Future Nostalgia. It's like that era did almost nothing for her brand. I've been worried she was going down the Katy route (GP appeal and hit after hit but no significant fanbase or longterm interest) and that unfortunately looks to be the case. :katie:

It also doesn't help that they barely pushed this era like they did Future Nostalgia. Even the playlisting push has been weak compared to that. I'm not sure if they got cocky and thought they didn't need to put in the work anymore, but anyone without bias could tell you while she's no longer as faceless as she was pre-FN, she definitely doesn't have enough name recognition yet (especially in the US and outside of Europe) to skip the promo hustle. She needed stronger music and another FN sized promo campaign (if not a bit less intensive) for this album and unfortunately neither was delivered. I'm hopeful they'll learn from their mistakes and she'll come back stronger next era.

23 hours ago, Delirious said:

Katy had 3 behemoth eras though and witness is much bigger than RO

If anything, RO should be compared to smile

Yes, and honestly Future Nostalgia is more comparable to One of the Boys than any of Katy's other eras:

• Non-#1, top ten album on Billboard 200
  • "Don't Start Now" was her "I Kissed a Girl", massive smash lead single (except the latter went #1)
  • "Levitating" was her "Hot N Cold", single that went top three but never #1, yet was arguably ultimately bigger than the aforementioned lead (yet the former required multiple remixes to do so)
  • "Break My Heart" was her "Waking Up in Vegas", cute lil hit that wasn't as big as the other two main smashes from the era (except the latter went top ten)
  • "Love Again" was her "Thinking of You", less uptempo love song that failed to live up to the rest of the singles' success (except the latter went top forty)

Left out "Physical" and "Hallucinate" because these songs weren't really promoted in the US as singles.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Yes, and honestly Future Nostalgia is more comparable to One of the Boys than any of Katy's other eras:

• Non-#1, top ten album on Billboard 200
  • "Don't Start Now" was her "I Kissed a Girl", massive smash lead single (except the latter went #1)
  • "Levitating" was her "Hot N Cold", single that went top three but never #1, yet was arguably ultimately bigger than the aforementioned lead (yet the former required multiple remixes to do so)
  • "Break My Heart" was her "Waking Up in Vegas", cute lil hit that wasn't as big as the other two main smashes from the era (except the latter went top ten)
  • "Love Again" was her "Thinking of You", less uptempo love song that failed to live up to the rest of the singles' success (except the latter went top forty)

Left out "Physical" and "Hallucinate" because these songs weren't really promoted in the US as singles.

Physical was kinda successful and FN is eligible for 4xplat so I'd say FN is slightly bigger than OOTB

The numbers are a disaster, no way around it.

But, she had a decent hit just a few months ago with the Barbie song and "Houdini" charted decently, this is not a Bionic situation where there's nothing left to salvage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Delirious said:

anything for love getting the hate it deserves lol

and maria

if french exit, maria, and anything for love got nuked, the album wouldve been so much better.

tack on love is religion or something

Maria is amazing tho :alexz3:

Day 3 • Spotify charts 
Global

60 -16 Illusion 1 877 111 -586 603
72 -23 Training Season 1 736 485 -519 123
79 -28 Houdini 1 645 847 -570 393
96 -23 These Walls 1 506 525 -367 436

UK

32 -8 Illusion 175 644 -43 317
56 -11 Training Season 133 656 -32 777
68 -20 Houdini 123 189 -37 007
129 -29 These Walls 96 951 -17 529

US

124 -46 Illusion 401 031 -146 038
177 -46 These Walls 350 259 -87 180

• Like 1

omg what a bloody sunday. tomorrow better have a cute boost

It's a disaster and her new music is not sticking with the GP for some reason :ace::dancehall:

17 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

It's a disaster and her new music is not sticking with the GP for some reason :ace::dancehall:

I wanted to say that this is the era of authentic songwriters, but Sabrina is breaking records right now. :rip: 

• Haha 1

Daddy Lipa sweetie you're doing an amazing job:clap3::clap3:

I hope you'll stick with Dua until the end of her career:clap3::clap3:

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Day 3 • Spotify charts 
Global

60 -16 Illusion 1 877 111 -586 603
72 -23 Training Season 1 736 485 -519 123
79 -28 Houdini 1 645 847 -570 393
96 -23 These Walls 1 506 525 -367 436

UK

32 -8 Illusion 175 644 -43 317
56 -11 Training Season 133 656 -32 777
68 -20 Houdini 123 189 -37 007
129 -29 These Walls 96 951 -17 529

US

124 -46 Illusion 401 031 -146 038
177 -46 These Walls 350 259 -87 180

no songs charting on WW Top 50 during album release week is wild. like, this is d3. 

i think a droplet killer collab should be released this year still, Dua lost her hype. what a CRAZY album run after Future Nostalgia, tragic. she didn't get herself a fanbase. 

may she get the GP back! :ohwow:

1 hour ago, Bends said:

I wanted to say that this is the era of authentic songwriters, but Sabrina is breaking records right now. :rip: 

Well that's like a random exception, the reality is pure pop is struggling once again

What happened to UK :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.