'eternal sunshine' leaves the BB200 Top 10 after 6 weeks - Does the US want R&Biana?

Feanor

1200x1200bb.jpg

After 6 weeks, Ariana Grande's 'eternal sunshine' has dropped out of the top 10 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Compared to 'Positions' and 'thank u, next', this is quite fast, as both these albums have spent 18 and 19 weeks in the top 10 respectively.

Is this a sign that the US wants R&Biana to make a comeback? Is it time to unleash "the boy is mine"?

michael-jackson-reading.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• Avenger

• Communion

• Tm4074

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we want the Ariana from "Dangerous Woman" for sure.

• Like 2

The album works great as a concept but individually the songs end up feeling short and not fully realized. So I'm not surprised. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

her reputation is damaged

tumblr_m7wjveEFz71r4ghkoo1_400.gif

• Haha 12

They should just push TBIM soon.

I was in my sabotage era so i didn't care. But i heard a song Eternal Sunshine on twitter and it was trap i think? 

ngl i want to listen to that song because that kind of music is perfect for her style and voice. 

maybe release a new single? 

didn't the second single (with no promo) surpass the lead already that was heavily promoted? 

It's doing fantastic and better than all her other albums globally so who cares?

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Omg I thought this said it departed the billboard 200 after 6 weeks :deadbanana2:

me too I was genuinely surprised :deadbanana:

Ariana albums are very quickly forgotten and discarded so I'm not surprised :sorry: 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

Chart wise, this album is giving Dangerous Woman but with higher peaks because of Ariana's increased star power compared to 2016. If she pushes more post album singles like she did for that album ES will end up having longevity like DW did in the long run. The U.S. prefer her more r&b/hip-hop influenced sound for sure. Regardless the U.S. isn't the end all be all, eternal sunshine is performing significantly better internationally. It hasn't left the top 3 most streamed albums globally on Spotify since release despite several new albums from major artists being released after it. ES is also #3 on Apple Music Global Albums only behind both versions of TTPD. 

It's so funny how y'all love to call Positions a flop but it did 18 weeks top 10 on the BB 200. It would have done more weeks to surpass TUN weeks in the top 10 if it wasn't pushed out temporarily because of Christmas albums only for it to return to the top 5 once the holiday season was over. It was #8 on the 2021 Billboard year-end album chart. And both Positions (#1 peak, 18 weeks top 10) and 34+35 (#2 peak, 12 weeks top 10) were big hits in the U.S. eternal sunshine is having an opposite Positions experience, bigger globally than in the U.S, lol. When she pushes TBIM as a single or maybe even the title track it will boost the overall U.S. chart performance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

Weird to say an album that spawned two #1s just came and went, but that's kind of how it feels like :rip:

21 minutes ago, shyboi said:

we need to have a honest conversation about this album but unfortunately most of y'all aren't ready yet

You're certainly not

avalooYsgs_gYa62GqEr6tA2cxGs_7GsjuO.thum

• Haha 10

What we actually need is for her to push another single, I think she's teased something is coming soon

• Like 2

Without virality it's harder for an album to stick around these days. She also took too long off which is equally devastating in the modern age. 

Only chart obsessed fans care about this stuff

• Like 1

This is so stupid and just goes to show how the unwashed masses have no idea how Billboard works. Eternal Sunshine has 11 songs, with 17 tracks on the slightly deluxe and 13 tracks on the original. If she wants to game the charts, she could always just re-release the album with extra tracks (Morgan Wallen) or just pay to fake her streams (Future). 

The Billboard 200 is not an achievement in 2024 - it's too easy to manipulate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Those users saying the album is forgotten conveniently seem to forget there are hundreds of other countries outside of the U.S, lol. The BB 200 has a few local albums performing better but those albums have no or minimal presence globally. If ES is forgotten every other album besides TTPD is also forgotten as well going by that logic. It's doing great globally and pushing a couple of the r&b/hip-hop influenced songs as singles in the U.S. will definitely help its overall chart performance there.

• Like 12

Aren't there 6 more recent releases ahead of it?  This album is doing just fine. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Without virality it's harder for an album to stick around these days. She also took too long off which is equally devastating in the modern age. 

"in the modern age" :rip:

do you come from the neolithicc era or something sis 

• Haha 1

Naur. They want promo :katie2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.